Windows 10: GPO SCHANNEL Event Logging Registry Item Reverting In Windows 10

Discus and support GPO SCHANNEL Event Logging Registry Item Reverting In Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all. Running into a strange issue with implementing a registry setting via GPO. I created a policy to enforce some protocol settings for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JIN614, Apr 10, 2020.

1. JIN614 Win User

GPO SCHANNEL Event Logging Registry Item Reverting In Windows 10

Hello all. Running into a strange issue with implementing a registry setting via GPO. I created a policy to enforce some protocol settings for my company and am trying to implement the following item within it:

HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\Schannel\EventLogging

REG_DWORD: 7

I have that specific entry set as #1 in the GPP computer registry section and there are no other GPOs managing this item. If I run an RSOP, that entry comes back as the the only winning entry for that key and the value shows what I expect it to be. To test the policy, I go to a target device that is applying the GPO, change the setting to another value, such as 3, and then run a GPUPDATE /FORCE. When I do this on Win7, Server 2008 R2 and Server 2016, the setting immediately changes to the expected value. However, in Windows 10 x64, running the GPUPDATE always reverts the value back to a 1. I researched and could find no other policy entry managing this specific setting outside of defining a new registry item in GPP.

Any thoughts or suggestions?? Been working on this for a week and have got no further to finding what is happening. Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

JIN614, Apr 10, 2020

2. Event 36871,Schannel

Recently, Ive been getting these errors in the log files, regarding Schannel, Event 36871 while creating a TLS client credential, Microsoft event 10013. I do not have a server connected to my home network, only use Microsoft Office Outlook for mail. I
    have followed post regarding changing the registry settings and modifing /adding keys to the HKLM\System\CurrentcontrolSet\Control\SecurityProviders\Schannel\Protocols\SSL2.0 and dword for Client.

Flushed DNS, reset primary DNS to default of ISP. Does anyone have a clear explaination of these errors?

JohnSalzano, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Vincent_7 Win User
    EVENT 36871, SCHANNEL

Hello,

my event viewer have been popping out and showing me this error multiples times throughout the day.

Event 36871, Schannel

A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is 10013.

i have no idea why the error keeps happening and getting logged.

i am a windows 10 user and i only uses the following programs, steam, google chrome and itunes.

i had used nartac software IIS Crypto and implemented best practice before (i read this solution? somewhere) and the error still keeps happening.

pls help to solve this issue, thanks

Vincent_7, Apr 10, 2020
  4. J.H.B Win User

When trying to download app from Windows 10 Store, it fails and event log shows SChannel error

I am trying to download an app from the Windows 10 Store, but the download fails and says to try later. I tried it many times with the same results over several days.

When I try the download, this shows up in the System event log:

System Event Log Event ID 36888 Source SChannel

A fatal alert was generated and sent to the remote endpoint. This may result in termination of the connection. The TLS protocol defined fatal error code is 51. The Windows SChannel error state is 805.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Schannel" Guid="{1F678132-5938-4686-9FDC-C8FF68F15C85}" />

<EventID>36888</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-09-15T01:52:45.814494700Z" />

<EventRecordID>5099</EventRecordID>

<Correlation ActivityID="{BB136266-EF58-0002-6962-13BB58EFD001}" />

<Execution ProcessID="932" ThreadID="1008" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>xxxxxxxx</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="AlertDesc">51</Data>

<Data Name="ErrorState">805</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Any suggestions?

J.H.B, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

1. GPO SCHANNEL Event Logging Registry Item Reverting In Windows 10 - Similar Threads - GPO SCHANNEL Event

2. Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error: Hello all,I have a Windows Server 2016 that host MDT, and its been getting flooded with Schannel Error every few seconds. Error description: "A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is 10011."Currently I only have TLS 1.2...
  3. Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error: Hello all,I have a Windows Server 2016 that host MDT, and its been getting flooded with Schannel Error every few seconds. Error description: "A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is 10011."Currently I only have TLS 1.2...
  4. Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022: Hey there,how can I enable logging in windows Server 2022? The only official link I could find is this onehttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/developer/webapps/iis/health-diagnostic-performance/enable-schannel-event-logging#more-informationwhich does not explicitly...
  5. Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022

Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022: Hey there,how can I enable logging in windows Server 2022? The only official link I could find is this onehttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/developer/webapps/iis/health-diagnostic-performance/enable-schannel-event-logging#more-informationwhich does not explicitly...
  6. Schannel event id 36871

in Windows 10 Support
    Schannel event id 36871: I hope this is the right place to ask this question. This Schannel event id 36871 started happening yesterday. It only happens when I turn my computer on after being off all night. It recorded another event this morning when I turned on my computer. What I need to know is my...
  7. Problem with appliing Registry GPO's for Windows 10 PC's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with appliing Registry GPO's for Windows 10 PC's: Some of my GPO rules stopped working and I do not know why. I tried to google solution but without success. I have some Workstations/PCs with Windows 10 in one subdomain and I need to manage them via this registry rules. The problem is, that the my GPO rules are updating...
  8. Event 36871,Schannel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 36871,Schannel: Recently, Ive been getting these errors in the log files, regarding Schannel, Event 36871 while creating a TLS client credential, Microsoft event 10013. I do not have a server connected to my home network, only use Microsoft Office Outlook for mail. I have followed post...
  9. Windows Media Player and Event Log items

Windows Media Player and Event Log items: Taken from Nirsoft My Events are these: Code: Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\RecordingRestart definition. Additional Data: Error Value: %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehrec. Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration...
  10. Schannel Event ID 36884 and 36888

in Windows 10 Support
    Schannel Event ID 36884 and 36888: Okay so I'm travelling right now and decided to stop at Hilton, I decided to take my Asus ROG laptop with me. It was kinda of a pain trying to connect to their HHonor Wifi but I did however I noticed 25 errors each for event ID 36884 and 36888. Here are the logs The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. schannel eventlogging registry value 7