Windows 10: GPO script policies not working on Windows 10 1809

Discus and support GPO script policies not working on Windows 10 1809 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It seems group policies under Local Group Policy Editor>Computer configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Scripts are not working in Windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by St0RM53, Apr 9, 2019.

1. St0RM53 Win User

GPO script policies not working on Windows 10 1809

It seems group policies under Local Group Policy Editor>Computer configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Scripts are not working in Windows 10 version 1809. Back in 1803 they worked perfectly fine.

I can confirm that they can be set and the changes are shown in the registry (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System) but the system does not care about them and uses default settings.

More importantly i want the "Specify maximum wait time for group policy scripts" to work since it prevents my PC restarting or shutting down unless 600 seconds (aka 10 minutes which is the default value - which is a ridiculously long value and Microsoft should use a more appropriate default value like 5 seconds) of uptime has passed, as this PC is under a domain which is not always accessible as i am not always connected to the domain network.

Back in 1803 i had this policy set to 1 second to prevent this issue. Now none of the policy settings there work anymore.

Anyone found a fix or should i downgrade back to 1803?

:)

St0RM53, Apr 9, 2019

2. GPOs not running logon scripts

Greetings,

we have an environment of 2 DCs running WS 2008R2 and applying several GPOs. The GPOs that have a user logon script (vbs or ps1) can not run. At the same time, if we run the vbs scripts from a pc on the domain they run successfully. Any suggestions would
    be appreciated!

Thanking you in advance.

Eleftheria Siachalou, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Win10 LTSB GPOs

Hi folks,

Since Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB only has a subset of features, there are Windows 10 GPOs that are not relevant for it.

Is there a separate list of Windows 10 LTSB GPOs?

I found the Windows 10 Group Policy templates (Windows 10 Group Policy (.ADMX) Templates now available for download), but I can't seem to find anything about the LTSB.

Warm regards,

Ken

Ken Weston, Apr 9, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. GPO script policies not working on Windows 10 1809 - Similar Threads - GPO script policies

2. Errors while reading policies from this GPO, not all policies are displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Errors while reading policies from this GPO, not all policies are displayed: Hello,I am working on implementing an automatic Quality of Service QoS policy creator using the "New-NetQosPolicy" PowerShell command. I have a C++ script that executes this command to limit the bandwidth for specific applications, such as Firefox.Here is the command I'm...
  3. Errors while reading policies from this GPO, not all policies are displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors while reading policies from this GPO, not all policies are displayed: Hello,I am working on implementing an automatic Quality of Service QoS policy creator using the "New-NetQosPolicy" PowerShell command. I have a C++ script that executes this command to limit the bandwidth for specific applications, such as Firefox.Here is the command I'm...
  4. Windows 10 and Windows 11 - Adjustment of GPO policies for the company

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and Windows 11 - Adjustment of GPO policies for the company: HiI have Windows 10 and Windows 11 computers in my company. I would like to increase the efficiency of my systems and speed up their operation. What GPO policies can be enabled?...
  5. Windows 10 and Windows 11 - Adjustment of GPO policies for the company

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Windows 11 - Adjustment of GPO policies for the company: HiI have Windows 10 and Windows 11 computers in my company. I would like to increase the efficiency of my systems and speed up their operation. What GPO policies can be enabled?...
  6. Powershell GPO Startup Script not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell GPO Startup Script not working: Hello, I wrote a Powershell Script to delete Microsoft Store Apps which works fine when run manually. However I want to run it as a Startup script via GPO on all computers Windows 10 Pro in our domain. For that, I created a group policy and added the script under Computer...
  7. How to search Group Policy for specific GPO in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to search Group Policy for specific GPO in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]We have offered a number of tips where we have asked you to change a Group Policy Object. While we always give you the exact path, if you are venturing out on your own, you may need to search for [...] This post How to search Group Policy for specific GPO in...
  8. Get backups by script using GPO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get backups by script using GPO: How to get backup from a user that exist In a domain by setting up a group policy and using a script for example when a user log off from his computer this script run and get backup and send to server....
  9. GPO script policies not working on Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    GPO script policies not working on Windows 10 1809: It seems group policies under Local Group Policy Editor>Computer configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Scripts are not working in Windows 10 version 1809. Back in 1803 they worked perfectly fine. I can confirm that they can be set and the changes are shown in the...
  10. Change PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10: How to: Change PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10 How to Set PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10 The PowerShell script execution policies enables you to determine which Windows PowerShell scripts (if any) will be allowed to run on your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Advanced Audit Configuration settings in GPO not working for Win10 1809

2. wait for network gpo 1903 not working

3. login script not woking with windows 10 enterprise 1809

4. 1903 start menu doesnt work with gpo on domain