Windows 10: GPO settings missing windows defender antivirus

Discus and support GPO settings missing windows defender antivirus in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have several forest in my environment and would like to set up for both a GPO however there is a mismatch in the group policy editor located... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by damnit95, Jun 15, 2020.

1. damnit95 Win User

GPO settings missing windows defender antivirus

Hello,

I have several forest in my environment and would like to set up for both a GPO however there is a mismatch in the group policy editor located in computer configuration\policies\administrative templates\windows components.

domain1:

GPO settings missing windows defender antivirus 4f32b6d9-9ca1-4846-b1b7-b7b59b876791?upload=true.png

domain 2 :

GPO settings missing windows defender antivirus 265bc2be-70c4-48ef-ba0b-ac583bcd5796?upload=true.png

Does someone have an idea why? In my case I need the windows defender antivirus one

Regards

:)

damnit95, Jun 15, 2020

2. Windows Defender Antivirus will not disable from GPO

Hello,

Try these steps, after creating a System Restore point:

Open Registry Editor.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender.

Set DisableAntiSpyware registry DWORD to 1.

Reboot to make changes effective.

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus will not disable from GPO

I reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer today, I was configuring the policies I use in the GPO. I found that Windows defender doesn't seem to respond to the Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus. As when I check Windows security Windows defender is still enabled.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and yes I have checked for updates.

*Modified title by moderator*

Original title: Windows will not disable from GPO

Skyler Johnson, Jun 15, 2020
  4. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. GPO settings missing windows defender antivirus - Similar Threads - GPO settings missing

2. Missing Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Missing Microsoft Defender Antivirus: Greetings, l am currently facing an issue whereby I have recieved a notification that action is needed for my windows security. Upon investiagting, I noticed that an error appeared under the virus and threat protection and the error reads as following: No active antivirus...
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: I uninstalled my antivirus software which is mcafee live safe and Windows defender antivirus did not become active automatically. I can't find a way to re enable it. [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows Defender and Antivirus

Windows Defender and Antivirus: Most of the users do not want to use paid Antivirus software and use Windows Defender Antivirus. But some do have trust on Microsoft Defender and use paid anti-virus software.But what is your response? Comment below....
  5. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: hi, in my windows defender security center's virus and threat protection it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". How can i change it....
  6. Setting Defender Options via GPO

Setting Defender Options via GPO: Hi all, I am trying to change a setting for 'App & browser control' --> 'Check apps and files' from 'Warn' to 'Block' via a GPO setting. I believe that I have the latest Windows Defender template installed. I cannot see an option to enforce the 'Block' setting, I I can...
  7. Windows Defender Antivirus will not disable from GPO

Windows Defender Antivirus will not disable from GPO: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer today, I was configuring the policies I use in the GPO. I found that Windows defender doesn't seem to respond to the Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus. As when I check Windows security Windows defender is still enabled. I am running...
  8. Windows defender antivirus

Windows defender antivirus: I have been writing programs on my computer system for years and after the last windows 10 update the defender destroys the program. It's driving me crazy. The program I write is written with Swiftforth and every time I compile the program after its destruction and try to...
  9. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: my pc windows defender antivirus suddenly stoppped. i tried to turn it on or even restarting but its denying .its always displaying a "out of date" message .i am trying to update it but no progress...
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: The scan found a trojan virus and to remove it is asking for my password which I enter and it doesnot accept https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/windows-defender-antivirus/ced9f7a5-7bb6-44fe-8b92-20909e49f6ea