Windows 10: GPO to allow standard used to enable or disable metered connetions

Discus and support GPO to allow standard used to enable or disable metered connetions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a GPO that can allow a standard user to enable or disable metered Wi-Fi connections (Windows 10 Pro)? We have a bunch of people that tend to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LukeDowning2017, Jul 19, 2018.

1. GPO to allow standard used to enable or disable metered connetions

Is there a GPO that can allow a standard user to enable or disable metered Wi-Fi connections (Windows 10 Pro)?

We have a bunch of people that tend to Hotspot from their mobile phone, while on the road. To maximise the bandwidth (and not eat up the allocated usage), I'd like them to be able to toggle the 'Set as Metered connection' switch.

However, as a standard user, it's greyed out.

I've had a look at the different network policies, but can't find one that refers to this.

Thanks

Luke

:)

LukeDowning2017, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Odiedavis Win User

Windows Security Screen shutdown/restart with GPO

Running Win 10 Pro as admin and using GPO for standard users to limit shutdown/restart/hibernate option. GPO restriction works everywhere it should but on Windows Security screen where Power Button is still functional. Could this be a bug? Am an experienced
    GPO user. Have already done SFC and dism as well as Disabled/Not Configured and re Enabled GPO option. Any suggestions? Appreciate any help. Thank you.

Odiedavis, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Cja123 Win User
    Server 2003 GPO questions

I solved my problem!
    My first issue was the installation files that weren't running. I fixed this by enabling windows installer through the "allow select windows applications to run" option in the GPO. My second issue was turning off the GPO on the fly. Unfortunately, there is no option within the GPO editor that allows for this. However, I did create a .bat file which I can run that will insert specific registry key values that will render the GPO ineffective. I also created a "re-enable GPO" .bat file that I run after I am through making the changes, this will bring the GPO back up.
    Thanks so much for your help Batou1986! *Toast :toast:

Cja123, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Lukyhit Win User

GPO to allow standard used to enable or disable metered connetions

Disable Metered Connection on LTE

I am trying to install an Application using SCCM and I keep getting an error in my ContentTransferManager.log 'cannot be fulfilled since use of metered network is not allowed.'

When I check the Metered Connection option under Cellular -> Advanced Options it is set to Off and grayed out for 'Set as Metered connection'

I would like to set 'Set this as a metered Connection' to Off through a GPO.

Windows 10 Build 1803

Thank you,

Lukyhit, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

GPO to allow standard used to enable or disable metered connetions

1. GPO to allow standard used to enable or disable metered connetions - Similar Threads - GPO allow standard

2. GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable: The issue I am having is on one of my servers, I need the NoAutoUpdate registry key to change from 1 which is disabled, to 1 which enables it. I set the control in the GPO and tried to change this and for some reason it wont let me change that registry key. Has anyone else...
  3. GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable: The issue I am having is on one of my servers, I need the NoAutoUpdate registry key to change from 1 which is disabled, to 1 which enables it. I set the control in the GPO and tried to change this and for some reason it wont let me change that registry key. Has anyone else...
  4. GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Metered Connection Disables Automatically after enabling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered Connection Disables Automatically after enabling: When I try to set my Mobile hotspot as metered Connection when I click Toggle button is turning into blue but when I revist the Connection property window it shows metered Connection is in off position. Metered Connection disabling automatically. Kindly help me in this regard...
  6. Disable Options in Micorosft Office using GPO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Options in Micorosft Office using GPO: [IMG] Does anyone know how to disable the Options on Microsoft Office using the Group Policy Editor? https://preview.redd.it/lwfi5gb5n0w41.png?width=1440&format=png&auto=webp&s=283d9da0ad5702307945c938e661938d23d07daf submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  7. Bug report: GPO has same effect whether disabled or enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bug report: GPO has same effect whether disabled or enabled: GPO: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows update\Remove access to use all Windows update features When Enabled, it creates a registry value: HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\DisableWindowsUpdateAccess = 1 When...
  8. Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network: How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network How to Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync when on Metered Network in Windows 10 Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse, upload, and...
  9. Enabling Bitlocker with GPO

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enabling Bitlocker with GPO: Once the GPO for BitLocker's settings have been configured and assigned do I still need to manually enable Bitlocker on the specific device or should the GPO kick off the process automatically? 95742
  10. Enable or Disable Standard Users Changing BitLocker PIN or Password

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Standard Users Changing BitLocker PIN or Password: How to: Enable or Disable Standard Users Changing BitLocker PIN or Password How to Enable or Disable Standard Users from Changing BitLocker PIN or Password in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows gpo allow customisation

2. windows 10 metered wifi standard user

3. gpo standard user metered connection

4. standard account cannot set wifi metered connection