Windows 10: Gpo wallpaper issue "TranscodedWallpaper"

Discus and support Gpo wallpaper issue "TranscodedWallpaper" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, Today morning I faced a new problem on some windows 10 computers, I did apply new wallpaper through GPO, it's working perfectly for all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kamil ismail, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Gpo wallpaper issue "TranscodedWallpaper"

Hi there, Today morning I faced a new problem on some windows 10 computers, I did apply new wallpaper through GPO, it's working perfectly for all computers, I checked in Registry also, it was applied perfectly, but in some computers isn't changing wallpapers until deleting the cache folder in "%appdata%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes", i did upload video on google drive kindly check the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wIKoRVp5D4MBo52Vf6mRGOKIn4czpPcy/view?usp=sharing

:)

Kamil ismail, Sep 19, 2019

2. Wallpaper GPO not applying Windows 10 (CachedImage File)

It seems like we've glossed over a lot of details here, so let's step back a second.

Which specific GPO?

What's the file path for the wallpaper that you are trying to apply?

What issues with TranscodedWallpaper are you referring to? Why would deleting this file be helpful?

TranscodedWallpaper is to my knowledge an undocumented aspect of the wallpaper system. Normally it would be unexpected for people to be tampering with it, and weird things may happen if you do tamper with it.

So the actual concern is that the wallpaper is being cached as solid black? That sounds like we are failing to open up the wallpaper. Have you verified the source image?

zachd [MSFT], Sep 19, 2019
  3. AliUllah Win User
    Wallpaper GPO in WIndows 10 doesn't update

Hi,

We are slowly deploying Windows 10 and have come across an annoying bug with the wallpaper. I have noted that in Windows 10, our wallpaper gpo is applied but when we change the image, it doesn't update the users wallpaper. I have tried a script that deletes
    the user's transcodedwallpaper file and it doesn't work for every user. Is there something else I can do to fix the issue without having to rename the file? We change our wallpapers quite often at our organizaiton.

Thanks.

AliUllah, Sep 19, 2019
  4. rajabba Win User

Gpo wallpaper issue "TranscodedWallpaper"

GPO Wallpaper for windows 10

Hi,

We have applied Wallpaper via GPO for workstations, all versions except windows 10 works fine.

GPO applies to windows 10, it only appears after pressing 'Task View'

I have tried flushing local gpo, created new gpo seperately for this box

Can you please help

Thanks

Raj

rajabba, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Gpo wallpaper issue "TranscodedWallpaper"

1. Gpo wallpaper issue "TranscodedWallpaper" - Similar Threads - Gpo wallpaper issue

2. TranscodedWallpaper being weird with a diaporama

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TranscodedWallpaper being weird with a diaporama: I rencently bought a new pc and the background diaporama i was using on the former pc got transfered to this new one. The issue is i can't find where the folder with all the wallpaper is. While looking on the internet, i found the TranscodedWallpaper and realised that only...
  3. TranscodedWallpaper being weird with a diaporama

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TranscodedWallpaper being weird with a diaporama: I rencently bought a new pc and the background diaporama i was using on the former pc got transfered to this new one. The issue is i can't find where the folder with all the wallpaper is. While looking on the internet, i found the TranscodedWallpaper and realised that only...
  4. wallpaper issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wallpaper issue: recently i put a live wallpaper to the desktop background . but now i cannot change my wallpaper to a solid picture..!!how could i change it..?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-issue/0090088d-3fe4-4ef0-9a2b-20f1df51cc69
  5. wallpaper issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    wallpaper issue: recently i put a live wallpaper to the desktop background . but now i cannot change my wallpaper to a solid picture..!!how could i change it..?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-issue/0090088d-3fe4-4ef0-9a2b-20f1df51cc69
  6. wallpaper issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. wallpaper issue

wallpaper issue: So, every time I try to set up a dual display wallpaper, it always appears zoomed in and lower quality, my main display is a portrait 1920x1080, and my second display is a vertical 1600x900. The main is plugged in with hdmi, and the secondary plugged into with dvi to display...
  8. Corrupt TranscodedWallpaper File after deployed wallpaper via GPO

Corrupt TranscodedWallpaper File after deployed wallpaper via GPO: Hi all, I have some pcs got black screen after I have deployed wallpaper GPO .This is my GPO :And there is my script :Almost Clients applied GPO and showed correct wallpaper image .But, some PCs have got the black screen . I checked on the PC which got the black screen , GPO...
  9. GPO Wallpaper not working correctly

GPO Wallpaper not working correctly: I'm using Windows Server 2012 at my server and Windows 7 and 10 for the desktops. I'm working on a GPO to set wallpaper. At one of my branches I have three counter computers using the same user name. Two of the computers work great with the new wallpaper but third one only...
  10. Issue forcing Windows 10 theme (with wallpaper slideshow) using GPO

Issue forcing Windows 10 theme (with wallpaper slideshow) using GPO: Hello all, I've been having a problem when attempting to apply a theme for new users in a computer lab setting. The GPO is set and points to the theme, however, new users are only greeted with the first wallpaper (of the 4 in the folder) and the shuffle option and 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. TranscodedWallpaper problema gpo

2. win10 transcoded wallpaper