Windows 10: GPO Wallpaper not working correctly

Discus and support GPO Wallpaper not working correctly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using Windows Server 2012 at my server and Windows 7 and 10 for the desktops. I'm working on a GPO to set wallpaper. At one of my branches I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AAdams876, Nov 22, 2020.

1. AAdams876 Win User

GPO Wallpaper not working correctly

I'm using Windows Server 2012 at my server and Windows 7 and 10 for the desktops. I'm working on a GPO to set wallpaper. At one of my branches I have three counter computers using the same user name. Two of the computers work great with the new wallpaper but third one only shows a black wallpaper. When you click on Personalize you can see the new wallpaper on there. What's going on and how does one fix this?

Thanks!

:)

AAdams876, Nov 22, 2020
  2. rajabba Win User

GPO Wallpaper for windows 10

Hi,

We have applied Wallpaper via GPO for workstations, all versions except windows 10 works fine.

GPO applies to windows 10, it only appears after pressing 'Task View'

I have tried flushing local gpo, created new gpo seperately for this box

Can you please help

Thanks

Raj

rajabba, Nov 22, 2020
  3. svivekdcs Win User
    Windows 10 Wallpaper not working through GPO

Actually I am trying to push the wallpaper through GPO.

The jpeg format picture is in shared network folder all users having access to that folder.

svivekdcs, Nov 22, 2020
  4. GPO Wallpaper not working correctly

Wallpaper GPO not applying Windows 10 (CachedImage File)

It seems like we've glossed over a lot of details here, so let's step back a second.

Which specific GPO?

What's the file path for the wallpaper that you are trying to apply?

What issues with TranscodedWallpaper are you referring to? Why would deleting this file be helpful?

TranscodedWallpaper is to my knowledge an undocumented aspect of the wallpaper system. Normally it would be unexpected for people to be tampering with it, and weird things may happen if you do tamper with it.

So the actual concern is that the wallpaper is being cached as solid black? That sounds like we are failing to open up the wallpaper. Have you verified the source image?

zachd [MSFT], Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

GPO Wallpaper not working correctly

1. GPO Wallpaper not working correctly - Similar Threads - GPO Wallpaper working

2. Why does my Delivery Optimization GPO not apply correctly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Delivery Optimization GPO not apply correctly?: Hello,In my company, we face the challenge of limited internet bandwidth in many of our branches. So for a long Time the "Solution" to Windows Updates was "no Updates". Obviously this is not a good Solution and we need to change that. We decided to configure Delivery...
  3. GPO not working as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO not working as intended: First of all. My English is not at good level when I need to write something so I used ChatGPT.Here is my first problem:I will set up a GPO on the server: For example, Enable logon using a practical PIN code. Then, execute gpupdate /force. The policy is applied and...
  4. GPO not working as intended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO not working as intended: First of all. My English is not at good level when I need to write something so I used ChatGPT.Here is my first problem:I will set up a GPO on the server: For example, Enable logon using a practical PIN code. Then, execute gpupdate /force. The policy is applied and...
  5. GPO Not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPO Not working: Hi there,I am trying to configure "desktop shortcut" GPO for a Google Chrome web page but its not working for a user /or security group. just work for workstations.if I add workstation it will show up in the gpresult /r but for user its not even showing up. User Configuration...
  6. Corrupt TranscodedWallpaper File after deployed wallpaper via GPO

Corrupt TranscodedWallpaper File after deployed wallpaper via GPO: Hi all, I have some pcs got black screen after I have deployed wallpaper GPO .This is my GPO :And there is my script :Almost Clients applied GPO and showed correct wallpaper image .But, some PCs have got the black screen . I checked on the PC which got the black screen , GPO...
  7. Association File GPO Not Working

Association File GPO Not Working: Good day, I would like to apply Microsoft Edge and Outlook to be the default apps to all the computers in the organisation. All the computers are running Windows 10 1809/1909. I have used the DISM command dism.exe /online...
  8. GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have applied a GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper but the policy has been already taken by computer , but the wallpaper is not coming in User logon screen. We have Windows 10 Pro operating system. Can you please help regarding this....
  9. Gpo wallpaper issue "TranscodedWallpaper"

Gpo wallpaper issue "TranscodedWallpaper": Hi there, Today morning I faced a new problem on some windows 10 computers, I did apply new wallpaper through GPO, it's working perfectly for all computers, I checked in Registry also, it was applied perfectly, but in some computers isn't changing wallpapers until deleting...
  10. Offline Files GPO not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Offline Files GPO not working: Hey everyone, Our organization has decided to start rolling out Windows 10, so we have been working on creating some policies to manage the rollout. I've signed up on TenForums because I have had numerous issues with imaging/deploying/managing Windows 10, and this looks...