Windows 10: GPO

Discus and support GPO in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i applied GPO to block removable devices and as a result one of our employees can't access to his internal HDD, his getting "Access Denied". He has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daniel Ba#, Apr 7, 2019.

1. GPO

So i applied GPO to block removable devices and as a result one of our employees can't access to his internal HDD, his getting "Access Denied".

He has windows 10 OS/

Non of our other employees have experienced this problem.

Please help.

:)

Daniel Ba#, Apr 7, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User
    axe0, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Cja123 Win User
    Server 2003 GPO questions

I solved my problem!
    My first issue was the installation files that weren't running. I fixed this by enabling windows installer through the "allow select windows applications to run" option in the GPO. My second issue was turning off the GPO on the fly. Unfortunately, there is no option within the GPO editor that allows for this. However, I did create a .bat file which I can run that will insert specific registry key values that will render the GPO ineffective. I also created a "re-enable GPO" .bat file that I run after I am through making the changes, this will bring the GPO back up.
    Thanks so much for your help Batou1986! *Toast :toast:

Cja123, Apr 7, 2019
  4. d88david Win User

GPO

Adding OneDrive tile to start menu .xml with GPO

Hi Yasir,

Thank you for getting back to me but I have seen that suggestion which will not work for me. That steps suggested to do it manually which I'm trying to pin it to the start layout tile using .xml file via GPO. Below is the path where the OneDrive shortcut
    that I'm trying to pin to the start layout tile.

<startGPO :DesktopApplicationTile Size="2x2" Column="2" Row="2" DesktopApplicationLinkPath="%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\OneDrive.lnk" />

d88david, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

GPO

1. GPO - Similar Threads - GPO

2. I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working: Dear Support,I have created a URL Shortcut GPO to create a URL based shortcut on desktop but its not working on old profiles. Kindly guide me why is it not working for old user Profiles. I have logged-on the with this new Profile:Kindly guide me.Thanks....
  3. I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working: Dear Support,I have created a URL Shortcut GPO to create a URL based shortcut on desktop but its not working on old profiles. Kindly guide me why is it not working for old user Profiles. I have logged-on the with this new Profile:Kindly guide me.Thanks....
  4. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  5. Security Center, GPO is not applying

Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  6. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?: I moved a user account to Administrator group from Users Group in my local machine. From this user account that is in administrator group, I am trying to create a Local GPO that hides a specific drive for administrator. I am able to create one but that policy is not affecting...
  7. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?: I moved a user account to Administrator group from Users Group in my local machine. From this user account that is in administrator group, I am trying to create a Local GPO that hides a specific drive for administrator. I am able to create one but that policy is not affecting...
  8. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

9. How can I create a GPO to set the scaling to 100?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create a GPO to set the scaling to 100?: Is there a way to create a GPO to set the scaling to 100? I already know how to do it via registry. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-a-gpo-to-set-the-scaling-to-100/18245d03-6eb4-413e-b58a-f1cf832486f0
  10. How can I create a GPO to set the scaling to 100?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I create a GPO to set the scaling to 100?: Is there a way to create a GPO to set the scaling to 100? I already know how to do it via registry. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-a-gpo-to-set-the-scaling-to-100/18245d03-6eb4-413e-b58a-f1cf832486f0