Windows 10: gpresult

Discus and support gpresult in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello i see these 2 exclamations in the gpresult... it this the reason why there r users logon on the domain they get temp profile? show all... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DesTavener, Nov 20, 2020.

1. gpresult

hello

i see these 2 exclamations in the gpresult...

it this the reason why there r users logon on the domain they get temp profile?

show all
    Summaryhide
    During last computer policy refresh on 20/11/2020 7:44:13

No Errors Detected
    A slow link was detected More information...
    During last user policy refresh on 20/11/2020 7:44:13

No Errors Detected
    A fast link was detected More information...

:)

DesTavener, Nov 20, 2020

2. GPResult errors in the CMD line

Hi,

I'm trying to run a report on Group Policy Objects for my home computer, with Windows 10.

I have entered the cmd as an administrator, and typed: gpresult /h gpreport.html

The result was an error message:

ERROR: Invalid argument/option - '/h'.

When I type gpresult /? for usage, it does not show the /h option in the list.

Has this option been changed or taken away? How can I get an html report for gpresults?

Thanks

ChrisMuster, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Marc Cai Win User
    GPResult errors in the CMD line

Hello Chris,

Surely, there are no updates that the command /h for gpresult has been changed. We suspect that your system's gpresult.exe has been corrupted. A third party suspicious software might be responsible.

Update and run a full scan with
    Windows Defender
    . Once done, run
    SFC (System File Checker) to check and restore the EXE file. Here is how:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, then select
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc
      /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/")
    See the full Wiki Article by ZigZag3143 that tells
    more about SFC.

If the issue is persistent, do come back to us with the screenshot of the whole
    gpresult/? parameter list.

Regards,

Marc Cai, Nov 20, 2020
  4. gpresult

Windows 10: 'gpresult' not recognized

windows novice here, running windows 10 on a dell i7 inspiron. In command prompt, I am able to run neither gpresult nor gpresult /v which both seem to be common uses. I can't find any installation instructions (or proof of the necessity of installation). Any such command issued returns what I presume is boilerplate, 'gpresult' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Is there a way to install it; am I issuing the prompt incorrectly or missing some prior step; or does the absence of built-in gpresult indicate something interesting?

Mike Palmice, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

gpresult

1. gpresult - Similar Threads - gpresult

2. gpresult /R /scope:computer gets access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    gpresult /R /scope:computer gets access denied: I have looked all over for a solution to this and so far nothing. When I run gpresult /R /scope:computer it returns access denied. Has anyone ever seen this before?...
  3. [WIN10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report

in Windows 10 Support
    [WIN10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report: Hello together, I'm trying to run a report on Group Policy Objects with Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Systembuild 18363.418. If I type gpresult /H GPReport.html in the CMD as Administrator, the message is: ERROR: Invalid argument/option - '/H'. When I type gpresult /? for...
  4. [Windows 10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [Windows 10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report: Hello together, I'm trying to run a report on Group Policy Objects with Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Systembuild 18363.418. If I type gpresult /H GPReport.html in the CMD as Administrator, the message is: ERROR: Invalid argument/option - '/H'. When I type gpresult /? for...
  5. GPResult in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    GPResult in Windows 10: Not sure if this is the right subforum, I guess it could also go in networking, but anyway... I'm trying to test my company's Group Policy Objects. I'm used to using the command "gpresult /h gpo.html" but what I've noticed is that in Windows 10, that only shows the "user"...