Windows 10: GPS data in Explorer details view

Discus and support GPS data in Explorer details view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can anyone explain me why in the details view of Explorer it is not possible to find a heading for a new column related to GPS info. It is indeed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YannB_74, Mar 31, 2019.

1. YannB_74 Win User

GPS data in Explorer details view

Can anyone explain me why in the details view of Explorer it is not possible to find a heading for a new column related to GPS info. It is indeed available in the Properties Tab but it is cumbersome to open it every time for each photo to check. If it was listed in such a details column it would be much more practical.

I searched the internet about this issue and I found only two posts which did not have answers either.

Furthermore how is the list of possible headings made ? Is there a way to populate it more ?

Thanks,

yannB

:)

YannB_74, Mar 31, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

An alternative would be to use another view with the details pane expanded; although that gives you details on only the selected folder/file.

GPS data in Explorer details view [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Mar 31, 2019
  4. GPS data in Explorer details view

Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, this does not solve my problem in the "details" view of File Explorer. When in "details" view, CTRL+scroll up once move to "List" view, then to "Small icons", then to bigger sizes for "Small icons", etc. then to "Medium icons", etc. Any CTRL+scroll up or down takes me out of the details view when starting from the details view -- so I cannot have both the bigger icon as well as the details as I said I wanted.

LindyCogito, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

GPS data in Explorer details view

1. GPS data in Explorer details view - Similar Threads - GPS data Explorer

2. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  3. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  4. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Showing GPS data on columns of Details layout of search results in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing GPS data on columns of Details layout of search results in Windows Explorer: I'd like to show GPS data, latitude and longitude, of EXIF data of photo files heic and jpeg on columns of search results details layout in windows explorer like in the following link.On my PC, there is a folder containing subfolders. Each subfolder contains photo files. I...
  6. Showing GPS data on columns of Details layout of search results in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing GPS data on columns of Details layout of search results in Windows Explorer: I'd like to show GPS data, latitude and longitude, of EXIF data of photo files heic and jpeg on columns of search results details layout in windows explorer like in the following link.On my PC, there is a folder containing subfolders. Each subfolder contains photo files. I...
  7. Showing GPS data on columns of Details layout of search results in Windows Explorer

8. Enlarge Details View in File Explorer

Enlarge Details View in File Explorer: Hi! I've been searching for a solution to enlarge the details view in File Explorer for years, also other people have asked on the web for a solution to this but no answer so far, so I ask it here too: do you know any solution to make the text and icons of the files and...
  9. Keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer?

Keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer?: Any keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer? I read it's Ctrl + Shift + 6, but it doesn't seem to work. Any advice much welcome *Smile 139311
  10. simple file explorer/view/details question

simple file explorer/view/details question: We all know what "Date modified" means. I don't want or need Windows to annoyingly group files by "Earlier this week," "Last week," "Earlier this year" or "a long time ago." But I can't figure out how to eliminate this minor annoyance....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer column gps altitude