Windows 10: GPS road map

Discus and support GPS road map in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do Ii download my Magellan RoadMate 5120-LMTX content manager on my windows 10 pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tonygroot, Feb 24, 2019.

1. tonygroot Win User

GPS road map

how do Ii download my Magellan RoadMate 5120-LMTX content manager on my windows 10 pc

:)

tonygroot, Feb 24, 2019
  2. hpholm Win User

GPS coordinates on Windows Maps defaulting to nearest road.

I would download a GPS app to set up the location of geocaches.

Search for and install e.g. GPS Information on the phone? - It displays the source and an estimated accuracy without worrying about any map.

There are several Geocaching apps for Windows phone, but I'm not familiar with any of those. I suppose you got that part covered already?

It's a bug if the location in Windows Maps jumps to nearby roads before starting a guided navigation. (It must do that to keep the car on the road while navigating).

If the error persists in the latest version of Windows Maps, I suggest report it through the Feedback app.

--

Hans

hpholm, Feb 24, 2019
  3. GPS in OVI maps 3 snaps to roads

My N97 GPS has a hard time staying on the road when I AM on the road! It will jump 400 ft left/right and even up/down (Location applet reports a two to three digit "Alt. Accel." sometimes!

What is sad is that my N97 NAM (RM-507)'s GPS worked well out-of-the-box with Maps 2.0 and the v10 firmware.

Ever since the firmware and Maps upgrade (3.0, 3.1 and 3.0 beta) - the GPS doesn't work well at all.

If this doesn't get fixed with the v20 firmware update, Nokia better be prepared to give me my money back.

rdcinhou---01, Feb 24, 2019
  4. GPS road map

GPS coordinates on Windows Maps defaulting to nearest road.

I've downloaded the Geocaching.com app and this is working great, but it still doesn't address the issue that the Windows Maps app is doing this, moving GPS coordinates to the nearest road.

Phelim Kelly, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

GPS road map

1. GPS road map - Similar Threads - GPS road map

2. Windows 11 Task Bar - what is the road map for this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Task Bar - what is the road map for this ?: Hi everyone, seems like the windows 11 Taskbar is removing functionality - is there a roadmap for features and will we be getting back? small icons moderesizable taskbaranalogue clocksAs you can see my taskbar is full and then i get the three circles for the extra icons i...
  3. Windows 11 Task Bar - what is the road map for this ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Task Bar - what is the road map for this ?: Hi everyone, seems like the windows 11 Taskbar is removing functionality - is there a roadmap for features and will we be getting back? small icons moderesizable taskbaranalogue clocksAs you can see my taskbar is full and then i get the three circles for the extra icons i...
  4. Windows 11 maps, offline gps navigation works for a few minutes and stops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 maps, offline gps navigation works for a few minutes and stops.: My gps signal isnt interrupted all I do is close the maps app and reopen and It knows exactly where I am, I have also a background app logging gps live and it shows my wwan card is working. I have narrowed it down to the maps app acting up. any suggestions would be...
  5. Windows maps only shows 2d buildings in road view

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows maps only shows 2d buildings in road view: Windows maps does not show any 3d buildings in aerial view for some reason submitted by /u/Kaymations2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/zutqrq/windows_maps_only_shows_2d_buildings_in_road_view/
  6. GPS . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPS . . .: Along4 with7 my text problem. I have a Dell Vostro 3583, laptop. Is, it possible to add GPS? Then, I assume, I could enter a city, anywhere. And watch7 th7e traffic moving4 around . . . Using GPS? If it can't be done? Oh7 well, h7ad to try. Th7anks for reading4 . . ....
  7. PowerShell 7 Road Map published along with Preview1 release

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell 7 Road Map published along with Preview1 release: Last month we announced that PowerShell 7 will be the next release of PowerShell. Here I will provide more details of areas we’ll be investing in for the PowerShell 7 release. When will I get it?! Today, we’re releasing our first preview of PowerShell 7. Keeping with our...
  8. PowerShell 7 Road Map

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell 7 Road Map: Last month we announced that PowerShell 7 will be the next release of PowerShell. Here I will provide more details of areas we’ll be investing in for the PowerShell 7 release. When will I get it?! Today, we’re releasing our first preview of PowerShell 7. Keeping with our...
  9. Now See the Road Ahead with Traffic Camera Images on Bing Maps

in Windows 10 News
    Now See the Road Ahead with Traffic Camera Images on Bing Maps: The Bing Maps Routing and Traffic Team is constantly working to make navigation and route planning easier! Hot on the heels of our previous announcement about traffic coloring, the Bing Maps team is proud to announce that we have made it possible for users to access traffic...
  10. Windows 10 1803, LOCATION ON, MAPS app and internal gps units

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 1803, LOCATION ON, MAPS app and internal gps units: This is an observation that might help others. I have already sent these details to MS via their Feedback My old but still useful HP Elitebook 2560p has a gps unit built into the WWAN module. Useful thing to have. I have Memory Map software and maps installed and have...