Windows 10: gps tracking in windows 10

Discus and support gps tracking in windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a windows ten computer. Also have an XP computer. With XP I could/can attach my handheld Garmin Venture HC GPS to it and use the National... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jake-sisters, Aug 25, 2018.

1. gps tracking in windows 10

I have a windows ten computer. Also have an XP computer. With XP I could/can attach my handheld Garmin Venture HC GPS to it and use the National Geographic TOPO mapping software. I can track myself in real time. With the "upgrade" to a windows 10 computer, I attach the same GPS setup and run the Nat Geo TOPO mapping program and all things work except GPS tracking. So what do I need to do upgrade in 10 to get things going?

I could use the same GPS setup in XP, 8.1 just not in 10

jake

Moved from: Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

:)

jake-sisters, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 25, 2018
  4. DaveLPG47 Win User

gps tracking in windows 10

GPS tracking for Health and Fitness app is flakey

Took about a 2.5 mile walk today. This after the Motion Data update yesterday. While steps worked fine as always, GPS Tracking quit after .2 miles.

When I view tracking history, I see about a dozen or so 0.0 mile entries dated 1-January-0001 with 0 time duration.

So some of us have unreliable GPS Tracking while the 928 user above has better luck. I'm using a 635 with no other problems. Frustrating.

DaveLPG47, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

gps tracking in windows 10

1. gps tracking in windows 10 - Similar Threads - gps tracking

2. Surface GO LTE and GPS/GLONASS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface GO LTE and GPS/GLONASS: I have a Surface Go LTE model 1825, running Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2, Build 19045.4291.According to the specifications it has a GPS/GNSS capability. In the privacy settings, access to location services has been enabled. In the device manager, under system, there is a...
  3. Windows 11 displaying WRONG GPS META data info on photography files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 displaying WRONG GPS META data info on photography files: The GPS location Longitude and latitude and date / time of day is interpreted incorrectly in windows 11. This works properly in Windows 10. Please refer to the attached screenshot.Can you please advise what the fix is here?...
  4. Windows 11 displaying WRONG GPS META data info on photography files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 displaying WRONG GPS META data info on photography files: The GPS location Longitude and latitude and date / time of day is interpreted incorrectly in windows 11. This works properly in Windows 10. Please refer to the attached screenshot.Can you please advise what the fix is here?...
  5. Change the GPS permissions of applications in win11 system

Change the GPS permissions of applications in win11 system: The GPS access permissions of individual applications cannot be controlled in the settings interface of the win11 system. I want to allow Unity to read my current location. I clicked all the buttons in Privacy-Location, but Unity still told me that it does not have permission...
  6. Family safety GPS tracking not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety GPS tracking not working: I have my daughter setup as a family member in Microsoft Family Safety. She is set at age profile of 17+, with no activity limits, activity reporting and location sharing switched on. For quite some time she is showing up on all the other family members MS family safety app...
  7. Family safety GPS tracking not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety GPS tracking not working: I have my daughter setup as a family member in Microsoft Family Safety. She is set at age profile of 17+, with no activity limits, activity reporting and location sharing switched on. For quite some time she is showing up on all the other family members MS family safety app...
  8. Family safety GPS tracking not working

9. gps tracking in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    gps tracking in windows 10: I have a windows ten computer. Also have an XP computer. With XP I could/can attach my handheld Garmin Venture HC GPS to it and use the National Geographic TOPO mapping software. I can track myself in real time. With the "upgrade" to a windows 10 computer, I attach the same...
  10. Microsoft Band 2 GPS Power Saver and Weight Tracking Available Now!

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Band 2 GPS Power Saver and Weight Tracking Available Now!: We want to find more ways for you to continue doing what you love, and more of it, with your new Microsoft Band 2. Run, bike, and exercise longer and meet your overall health goals with two new features we’ve just announced this week. GPS Power Saver mode* and...