Windows 10: GPT Partition Scheme for Dual-/Multi-boot Windows 10-setup

Discus and support GPT Partition Scheme for Dual-/Multi-boot Windows 10-setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I have a laptop with 2x M.2 SSD-drives 500GB and 2TB, which I want to separate into three separate instances of Windows 10-installations as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tommy Blomberg, Jul 12, 2021.

1. GPT Partition Scheme for Dual-/Multi-boot Windows 10-setup

Hello,I have a laptop with 2x M.2 SSD-drives 500GB and 2TB, which I want to separate into three separate instances of Windows 10-installations as perGPT Partition Scheme for Dual-/Multi-boot Windows 10-setup :Disk 0 2 TBWindows 10 general purpose - 1 TBWindows 10 hobby purpose - 500 GB500 GB shared storageDisk 1 500 GBWindows 10 work purpose - 500 GBAfter a bit of cloning using Acronis True Image, resizing of partitions and migration, I have ended up with the following:Both disks use a GUID Partition Table GPT and have separate boot loader partitions. Disk 0 also contains an original factory default recovery partition. Disk 0 also appe

:)

Tommy Blomberg, Jul 12, 2021

2. GPT SSD Disk - Manage EFI multi-boot for partitions Windows 10 and 8.1

Sorry i forgot.....C: is windows 10 and H: is Windows 8.1
    Also Efi partition beside Recovery Partition is a partition that i made it for win 8.1 with EasyUefi Pro
    Last efi partition was created for Win 10 for EASY UEFI pro

I will make your steps and reply for news!!!

In 2 disk i have linux with Grub2.

Bodo David, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Installing and booting windows 10 on a GPT partition

I don't want to dual boot or anything fancy. I have a large disk ( 4 TB). I do not want to split it up into smaller MBR partitions. I want the whole disk to be a GPT partition. when I try to install windows 10/64 bit the install reaches the point where it
    is showing you the two partitions and it says windows cannot install because the partition is GPT. Perhaps I fooled myself in reading various links on the net that implied that you could indeed do what I wanted. If windows 10 will in fact install and boot
    up on a large single GPT partition please give some steps to accomplish this.

Thanks

Terry

TerryWegener, Jul 12, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

GPT Partition Scheme for Dual-/Multi-boot Windows 10-setup

GPT SSD Disk - Manage EFI multi-boot for partitions Windows 10 and 8.1

Based on your Disk management. I suggest that you re-label your C: drive and H: drive if H: drive is Windows 8 so we'll know which partition is 10 and which is 8.

GPT Partition Scheme for Dual-/Multi-boot Windows 10-setup [​IMG]

The first partition is System Reserved which was carried over when you convert from MBR to GPT and is not used.
    The next to last partition which you created is also not needed. Delete both partitions.

Boot up Windows 10, open Admin command prompt and type:
    bcdboot H:\Windows =====> I assume H: is your Windows 8.

The above command will create a dual boot menu for Windows 10 and 8.

I also notice that you have Linux installed on disk 2. I suggest to leave it alone and boot it separately.

topgundcp, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

GPT Partition Scheme for Dual-/Multi-boot Windows 10-setup

1. GPT Partition Scheme for Dual-/Multi-boot Windows 10-setup - Similar Threads - GPT Partition Scheme

2. dual boot /mbr to gpt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual boot /mbr to gpt: I would like to enable dual boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint. Currently Windows 10 only; please guide me step by step how to convert this disk and install Mint along Windows. i.e. Legacy to UEFI, MBR to UEFI etc., unfortunatelly I am not a 20 years old IT genius.... So far my...
  3. dual boot /mbr to gpt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual boot /mbr to gpt: I would like to enable dual boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint. Currently Windows 10 only; please guide me step by step how to convert this disk and install Mint along Windows. i.e. Legacy to UEFI, MBR to UEFI etc., unfortunatelly I am not a 20 years old IT genius.... So far my...
  4. Can we install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can we install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition: Can we install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-install-windows-7-dual-boot-on-windows-10/72fb11ff-1b7d-4b36-8087-98fff87907c6
  5. Should I install windows 10 in gpt or mbr partition scheme?using rufus

Should I install windows 10 in gpt or mbr partition scheme?using rufus: Should I install windows 10 in gpt or mbr partition scheme?using rufus thank u*Smile 146156
  6. Dual Boot Setup for Windows 10

Dual Boot Setup for Windows 10: Hi, I have recently installed an SSD on the M.2 slot of my laptop. It came with a Mechanical 1Tb HDD. First, I installed the M.2 SSD on the motherboard and installed Windows 10 on it. A new clean setup. At this point of time my HDD was not connected. Next, I connected the...
  7. Dual Boot Windows 7/ Windows 10 - Tutorials & Partition Setup Help?

Dual Boot Windows 7/ Windows 10 - Tutorials & Partition Setup Help?: Hi all, just picked up a Lenovo y700 laptop. Comes with Windows 10 home. Just checked the partition management and I am seeing 6 different partitions. EFI system partition, Recovery partition, Recovery partition, OEM partition, Primary partition (NTFS), and Boot partition...
  8. Problems with bootloader in multi-boot setup

Problems with bootloader in multi-boot setup: Hello, all. I'm triple-booting (or trying to) on two hard drives: one has XP (32-bit) and 10 (64-bit) and one has Ubuntu 15.04 (64-bit). If I try to boot into XP, my whole system restarts. When I try to go back to Windows bootloader, my system restarts a second time....
  9. Dual Boot with GPT and MBR Drives?

Dual Boot with GPT and MBR Drives?: Can I have both a GPT and MBR formatted drives on a dual boot system? I would like to retain my Win 7 installation as is with MBR formatted hard drive, and after the Win 8.1 to Win 10 upgrade, do a clean Win 10 install with GPT (UEFI) format. 8859
  10. GPT SSD Disk - Manage EFI multi-boot for partitions Windows 10 and 8.1

in Windows 10 Support
    GPT SSD Disk - Manage EFI multi-boot for partitions Windows 10 and 8.1: Hi >>> I have SSD Samsund Evo 850 250GB MBR and i clone it(with "mini tool partition software") to my new SSD Samsung Evo 850 500GB in MBR type. Let you know my Samsung 250GB Volumes It has 4 primary ntfs partitions . 1st System Reserved, 2nd Windows 10, 3rd Windows...