Windows 10: GPU 100% crash to desktop

Discus and support GPU 100% crash to desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently put together a new computer, and having issues. Whats going on is that about a month ago I put off on getting to it until now, I will run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Haltedplays, Sep 27, 2022.

1. GPU 100% crash to desktop

I recently put together a new computer, and having issues. Whats going on is that about a month ago I put off on getting to it until now, I will run some games at minimum settings LoL for one example, and I will have the game crash and leave to desktop. When looking in task manager/ 3rd party GPU looker, no matter how intensive the game is the GPU will rise to 100% and then crash out to desktop after 2 hours at most average is about 10 minutes. Looking at event viewer, it was just a generic kernal error. Since then I gave it to a mate of mine and he tried updating the bios and trying multi

:)

Haltedplays, Sep 27, 2022
  2. Ztruker Win User

Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

I would suggest going back to at least the October version:

GPU 100% crash to desktop [​IMG]

Ztruker, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

Hey all,

I have had an issue for the last few months, specifically when trying to play Rocket League, where between 5-20 minutes into playing, both of my monitors will go black and my GPU fan will kick to 100%. I can't remember if this coincided with any NVIDIA driver updates, but any subsequent updates have not helped. I am currently running the latest NVIDIA driver version (441.66).

Here are some of the troubleshooting steps that I have taken for this:

• RAM
    • Ran Memtest64 overnight, ensuring that 100% RAM utilization. No errors were returned.
    • Reseated the RAM, blowing out the slots to ensure no blockages.
    • Tested different memory slots on the board.
    • Swapped out RAM with new RAM from Microcenter, no improvements.
    • RAM was originally OC'd to 3200 MHz via XMP. I turned this off and the RAM is running at stock speeds listed above.
    • BIOS
    • Updated BIOS to the latest version
    • Performed a Clean Boot and attempted to play. Game still crashed out within the first match or so.
    • GPU
    • Updated all drivers
    • Updated drivers, including a complete DDU uninstall/reinstall.
    • Swapped power cables from the PSU
    • Moved GPU to lower PCI-E slot
    • Reseated the GPU, blowing out the slot after reseating
    • Deleted the video driver from Control Panel
    • Storage
    • Ran chkdsk with no errors
    • Ran defragmentation on the HDD and Trim on the SSDs
    • Ran sfc /scannow with no issues
    • Game Files
    • Ran validator on game files (as a note here, after one crash, I ran the validator and it corrected one file. However, I played a game immediately after and crashed. Running the validator after that crash had no files fixed)
    • Installed the game on all three storage devices

I have attached the BSOD logs. Please assist!

bmduffy2020, Sep 27, 2022
  4. peach1971 Win User

GPU 100% crash to desktop

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

GPU 100% crash to desktop

1. GPU 100% crash to desktop - Similar Threads - GPU 100% crash

2. Desktop Windows Manager Crash in loop, GPU Fan to 100%, forced to reboot pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Windows Manager Crash in loop, GPU Fan to 100%, forced to reboot pc: I'm having an error that seems to happen somewhat randomly, but only when my pc is in some sort of "idling"Checking Error Reports it seems that DWM crash once then keep crashing multiple times 1-7 times per minutes until i force reboot my pcMost apps that survived DWM's crash...
  3. Desktop Windows Manager Crash in loop, GPU Fan to 100%, forced to reboot pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Windows Manager Crash in loop, GPU Fan to 100%, forced to reboot pc: I'm having an error that seems to happen somewhat randomly, but only when my pc is in some sort of "idling"Checking Error Reports it seems that DWM crash once then keep crashing multiple times 1-7 times per minutes until i force reboot my pcMost apps that survived DWM's crash...
  4. Desktop Windows Manager Crash in loop, GPU Fan to 100%, forced to reboot pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Desktop Window Manager using 100% of GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Window Manager using 100% of GPU: Hello, I have just recently downloaded the latest update for windows 11, and after installing it I went to look at my task manager and noticed that my GPU utiliation was at 100%. I checked to see if it was just a bug with task manager however it was not as hwinfo also showed...
  6. Desktop Window Manager using 100% of GPU

Desktop Window Manager using 100% of GPU: Hello, I have just recently downloaded the latest update for windows 11, and after installing it I went to look at my task manager and noticed that my GPU utiliation was at 100%. I checked to see if it was just a bug with task manager however it was not as hwinfo also showed...
  7. Desktop Window Manager 100% GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Window Manager 100% GPU: Some have suggested redownloading Windows to fix this issue. HUGE WASTE OF TIMEI recommend downloading GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 517.48 September 27, 2022, until either Microsoft or Nvidia fixes the issue. The issue is the new Nvidia Driver Version 552.25 Release date:...
  8. Desktop Window Manager 100% GPU

Desktop Window Manager 100% GPU: Some have suggested redownloading Windows to fix this issue. HUGE WASTE OF TIMEI recommend downloading GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 517.48 September 27, 2022, until either Microsoft or Nvidia fixes the issue. The issue is the new Nvidia Driver Version 552.25 Release date:...
  9. GPU 100% crash to desktop

GPU 100% crash to desktop: I recently put together a new computer, and having issues. Whats going on is that about a month ago I put off on getting to it until now, I will run some games at minimum settings LoL for one example, and I will have the game crash and leave to desktop. When looking in task...
  10. Desktop Window Manager using nearly 100% GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Manager using nearly 100% GPU: I'm using: Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme CPU: Intel core i9-10980XE GPU: Nvidia Titan RTX Memory: HyperX HX432C16PB3K4/64 64GB OS: Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview Evaluation Copy Build 20175.rs_prerelease .200717 - 1349 After installing 20175.100 Build...