Windows 10: GPU and Firefox issue

Discus and support GPU and Firefox issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; First of all, I don't know if this belongs here or browsers sub forum :/ Move it to browsers if you think it's more appropriate I use Firefox now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by derek10, Aug 14, 2015.

1. derek10 Win User

GPU and Firefox issue

First of all, I don't know if this belongs here or browsers sub forum :/ Move it to browsers if you think it's more appropriate

I use Firefox now and in some occasions, Firefox (40) stops rendering using the GPU and reverts to software mode, making scrolling and such a bit choppy and about:support says it's blacklisted (?), searching seems that it's a driver issue and Firefox entered a safe-mode-like mode, I think may be the driver crashing or something rather than a Firefox bug, but I don't see the driver recovering message nor anything wrong in Event Viewer, does anyone know what could it be? In my other computer everything is fine.

Thank you

:)

derek10, Aug 14, 2015

2. Win10 vs NVIDIA

I got NVIDIA GPU in my pc and after loading win10 now it seems there not any including drivers, management app, etc... I have erased GPU which was the only GPU seen in PC Manager and now all I have is basic Intel GPU. Btw win 10 and Explorer does not recognise
    java too; it says use firefox or Explorer 11.

How can I find NVIDIA GPU on my pc and activate drivers etc of it?

Tolga Zafer, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Screen Tearing

Been looking at this further.You all might want to check this out :-

Screen tearing since new patch • r/firefox

Problem seems to be with firefox disabling gpu acceleration for some cards on the latest nvidia drivers.

So perhaps it's not microsoft's problem after all !!

Stev1e1957, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

GPU and Firefox issue

Turn off hardware acceleration. It seems that this helps according to the "experts" at their forum.

5. derek10 Win User
    Thank you!

I've updated the driver as there was a new version at Nvidia, as well as refreshed Firefox and everything seems to be working fine and GPU acceleration is enabled. If it stops working again, I will try to disable HW acceleration

derek10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

GPU and Firefox issue

1. GPU and Firefox issue - Similar Threads - GPU Firefox issue

2. GPU Issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU Issues.: So, a couple days ago I was playing some Devil May Cry 5 with really high fps then I took a nap, and a couple hours later when I came back and played any game, it would run fine then start lowering performance, when I check my GPU temperatures it's going all the way up to 91...
  3. GPU Issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Issues.: So, a couple days ago I was playing some Devil May Cry 5 with really high fps then I took a nap, and a couple hours later when I came back and played any game, it would run fine then start lowering performance, when I check my GPU temperatures it's going all the way up to 91...
  4. Bookkmard issue on firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Bookkmard issue on firefox: Currently using firefox v90, i found that some of my bookmark links can't display the website's graphics icons while some does. Anyone has a fix to this problem ? 182699
  5. Issue with firefox 86.0.1

in Browsers and Email
    Issue with firefox 86.0.1: I noticed now when I go to facebook, outlook, google mail etc that cross site cookies these parties can use cross site cookies and site data while you are on this site. I never see that on earlier versions of Firefox. I never gave it permissions it did automatically. If I...
  6. Issue with GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with GPU: Its pretty simple. As an example, I'm playing a game or watching a stream on discord. Out of nowhere my fps drops to 1 or 2. When I look at my task manager whatever is lagging takes up 0% of my gpu. Its like it just shuts off. After 30 or so seconds it comes back on. I'm...
  7. Mozilla Firefox issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mozilla Firefox issues: I use Firefox as my browser on my laptop (Windows 10). I've had this laptop for about 6 months and had no issues with Firefox until recently. When I open up the browser it opens to Google.com, just as I set it. However, if I type anything in either the Google search bar or...
  8. Issues with GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with GPU: A game im trying to play keeps crashing at seemingly random times, same issue everytime. my gpu driver is up to date. As is my OS and chipset drivers. Just trying to find out what the actual issue is. Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1:...
  9. Firefox Site Content Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Site Content Issues: Hi guys. Have a bit of a weird issue. Just realised that Firefox will not display a sites full content but it will do on Edge. I'm trying to place a bet and it won't let me view the full coupon but it will do on Edge. Just seems very strabge [img] Firefox is updated to...
  10. firefox sync issue

in Browsers and Email
    firefox sync issue: I am trying to sync my devices so that they are all the same. For some reason, I am not getting all of my bookmarks, just a few. Where are the bookmarks synced from because some have all of them and some dont. How can i solve this issue? thx How do i make a fresh copy of...