Windows 10: GPU and ram problems after latest update.

Discus and support GPU and ram problems after latest update. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Nvidia GTX780 which started acting weird after last major update, started with getting some system crashes while in game then getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GendoWK, Feb 2, 2021.

1. GendoWK Win User

GPU and ram problems after latest update.

Hi,

I have an Nvidia GTX780 which started acting weird after last major update, started with getting some system crashes while in game then getting artefacts and crashes on the desktop too.

I was getting error code 43 which is when windows shuts down hardware even though I was still getting a picture... after trying a few things that's gone and the device is seen correctly.

Some games won't boot at all, some will boot and crash later and some just before gameplay, setting the power limit to 90% makes it stable in some games, also benchmarks work at expected performance/temps.

Also noticed under system information that I have installed 16gb of ram but only 8GB under "Total Physical Memory" same amount reported on Task Manager. The system didn't get any recent upgrades and ram was seen as it should before. Also bios has the same issue, sees two sticks of 8gb but only 8gb available.

So far I've tried:

Updating Drivers

Disabling/Enabling/Uninstalling card from Dev Manager

Flashing GPU rom

Repairing Windows from CMD errors found and repaired

Clean Registry

Checking HDDs

So after that I've tried to resit/swap ram modules and now it doesn't boot under any configuration, removed the cmos battery and still nothing.

:)

GendoWK, Feb 2, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Latest Windows update doesn't recognize second Nvidia GPU

Hello, my laptop is an Acer brand,( 6gb ram/i5-2467M @ 1.60GHz, , an intel GPU and an Nvidia GT 640M).

I never had any problems with update until some months ago with the latest Win10 Update, everytime I did it it seems like it didnt recognize the Nvidia GPU. I have tried disabling it but it was just greyed out. I even tried DDU and my laptop showed a blue
    screen after installing the driver manually.

I'm asking for help because its really frustrating not having the latest update, Thank you.

SamBentlah, Feb 2, 2021
  4. BogdanMN Win User

Ram problems

1:Mobo: Acer T-710

Cpu: i5 6400 @2.70 Ghz

Gpu: gtx 1050 ti

Psu: corsair vs 650 W

2GPU and ram problems after latest update. :DDR3 Patriot 1600 Mhz

3:Yes,and is 4gb

4:Yes, and its not detecting it

I think its because on the 4 gb memory says 1Rx8 PC3L-12800U-11-13-A1 and its 1.35V (the 8 one is PC3-12800 CL11,1.5V) but im not sure.

BogdanMN, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

1. GPU and ram problems after latest update. - Similar Threads - GPU ram problems

2. Problem After Latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem After Latest Update: After the latest Windows 10 update, I cannot now open/load LDPlayer Android emulator. I've tried other Android emulators and they all fail. Windows restarts after showing a WHEA stopcode. Can you help or is the problem known and being fixed? Thanks...
  3. Unstable GPU and system crashes after latest update.

Unstable GPU and system crashes after latest update.: Hi, I have an Nvidia GTX780 which started acting weird after last major update, started with getting some system crashes while in game then getting artefacts and crashes on the desktop too. I was getting error code 43 which is when windows shuts down hardware even though...
  4. Printer Problems after Latest Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Problems after Latest Update: On 1/13/2021, I got a message that I needed to restart my computer after updates KB4535680 & KB4598229 were automatically downloaded. Today I tried to print something & discovered that the Canon printer was no longer listed & the HP Envy printer stopped printing in color....
  5. Problem after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after latest update: Hello, I get a weird problem after the latest update: the taskbar keeps flashing and the desktop icons never load. I can't open the start menu or do anything other than Ctrl-Alt-Del. I tried using a recovery point, uninstalling qualtiy updates feature updates can't be...
  6. Problems after latest updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems after latest updates: After updating to the newest version of Windows, the pop up screens are transparent rather than being greyed out. This happens with the screen that displays the apps and power options when the windows icon is clicked to display my apps, or to select setting, power, etc. It is...
  7. Problems after the latest Update

Problems after the latest Update: I've been having a bunch of problems happening since the last Update: Starting with stutters when playing or just using an app like chrome, watching videos etc. the entire pc in random moments for like 3 seconds, everything looks like i have 3Fps, what makes it very...
  8. Problem with printer after the latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with printer after the latest update: The last Windows 10 update (1903) resulted in my printer stopped working and I cannot manage it via Printers anymore . The Manage button comes to nothing. Is it an update bug?...
  9. The problem that started it all, GPU RAM.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    The problem that started it all, GPU RAM.: Ok, I have an HP notebook, i5 db008, AMD A9 9425 radeon r5 2c+3g (2 core 3gig ram(shared)). The 3 gig ram from the gpu is acknowledged by the task manager but not in use, it is drawing only 512 from my 8gig ram for system and saying I have 7.47 gis usable and only the 512...
  10. The problem that started it all, GPU RAM.

in Windows 10 Support
    The problem that started it all, GPU RAM.: Ok, I have an HP notebook, i5 db008, AMD A9 9425 radeon r5 2c+3g (2 core 3gig ram(shared)). The 3 gig ram from the gpu is acknowledged by the task manager but not in use, it is drawing only 512 from my 8gig ram for system and saying I have 7.47 gis usable and only the 512...