Windows 10: GPU Cache and debug log folders appear on desktop after installing Intuit Turbotax Standard...

Discus and support GPU Cache and debug log folders appear on desktop after installing Intuit Turbotax Standard... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After installing Turbotax Standard 2019 using the installation CD, two folders have appeared on my desktop, one called GPU cache and the other is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Elaine K V, Mar 27, 2020.

1. GPU Cache and debug log folders appear on desktop after installing Intuit Turbotax Standard...

After installing Turbotax Standard 2019 using the installation CD, two folders have appeared on my desktop, one called GPU cache and the other is a debug log.

The debug log seems to hold items pertaining to each failed attempt to register the product with the manufacturer.

At this point I have uninstalled the Turbotax program but the folders remain. I have contacted Intuit Turbotax for help, but all they have said is that they are aware of problems registering their product do it later and to reinstall with a link that they provide. They have not provided any help in regard to the two folders on the destop. Other people who have responded on my post on Intuit say they have spoken with their help desk and are being told that the GPU Cache and debug log folder problem has to do with their computer rather than with the Turbotax program.

After uninstalling the Turbotax program, I also did a system restore to an earlier date in hopes that it would get rid of the two folders on the desktop but it did not.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this before I attempt to re-install the Turbotax program. I really don't even know what those two folders are for and if they are a problem or not. Thank you for your help with this.

:)

Elaine K V, Mar 27, 2020
  2. jasgstock Win User

TurboTax Runtime error

I too have this same problem. Someone on the intuit site suggested uninstalling all previous versions of TurboTax - did that but it did not help. I also did a "repair" on TurboTax 2017 - that did not help either.

It appears there are many of us having this problem. It needs to be fixed!

jasgstock, Mar 27, 2020
  3. KenMcC Win User
    INET folder shows up on desktop in Windows 10

OK, this INET file is used with a lot of sub-folders for TurboTax as well. It contains some if not all the Generic HELP Response to different sections of the TurboTax Deluxe version. It also contains so right click info from Quicken Deluxe.

It appears in \Quicken\ ; |ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\ ; \Users\All Users\Intuit\Quicken\ ; and \Users\your user name\Desktop; the Desktop folder contains \Inet\Common\ but both are empty

No idea why intuit started using these folders ... I cannot find if it use used in the past, but just not in current locations.

KenMcC, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Ron1942 Win User

GPU Cache and debug log folders appear on desktop after installing Intuit Turbotax Standard...

Installing TurboTax 2018

When installing TurboTax 2018, I get a Disply box saying:

"Warning 1909. Could not create shortcut TurboTax Canada 2018.Ink. Verify that the destination folder exists and that you can access it". then there is a box with "OK" to be clicked in order to continue. the program then installs and seems to work, except
    for the following:

The program is supposed to create this folder and write to it, but it doesn't do it. The shortcut also isn't created and when the program is run, nothing can be saved.

The same thing happened last year when I installed TurboTax, but I forget how I corrected the problem.

Any suggestions?

Ron1942, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

GPU Cache and debug log folders appear on desktop after installing Intuit Turbotax Standard...

1. GPU Cache and debug log folders appear on desktop after installing Intuit Turbotax Standard... - Similar Threads - GPU Cache debug

2. cannot log into intuit proseries 2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot log into intuit proseries 2021: proseries app detected an issue with a microsoft.net framwork file that will prevent proseries from running properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-into-intuit-proseries-2021/08094d5d-3416-4a7a-a90b-a985c2c6d3f3
  3. Log in Screen Appearing Over Desktop After Log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in Screen Appearing Over Desktop After Log In: We have a user who began experiencing a log in screen after logging in. They said it happened twice. They screen grabbed it the second time. It definitely appears to be Malware or a Virus, as the layout is off and it's missing elements. We are currently running an antivirus...
  4. Log in Screen Appearing Over Desktop After Log In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in Screen Appearing Over Desktop After Log In: We have a user who began experiencing a log in screen after logging in. They said it happened twice. They screen grabbed it the second time. It definitely appears to be Malware or a Virus, as the layout is off and it's missing elements. We are currently running an antivirus...
  5. Log in Screen Appearing Over Desktop After Log In

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. GPU Cache

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPU Cache: Is it safe just to delete GPU Cache ? I have no idea why it appeared. I have not uploaded any new programmes recently. My only thought after doing some limited research is that it might have been put there by Adobe. I have had several reminders recently that Adobe Flash is...
  7. GPU Cache Folder and Debug File created in OneDrive and Downloads Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    GPU Cache Folder and Debug File created in OneDrive and Downloads Folders: Hi, Annoyingly, I keep having a GPUCache Folder and debug file created in both OneDrive and Downloads. I keep deleting them but they keep reappearing. Some of my research seems to indicate that these may be linked to Adobe Cloud, but I do not have that installed. The...
  8. "debug" keeps appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "debug" keeps appearing on desktop: [ATTACH] This "debug" thing keeps appearing on my desktop every now and then for no apparent reason. What is it and how can I fix it? Thanks in advance. https://preview.redd.it/x5ylzwq673y51.png?width=94&format=png&auto=webp&s=6357ff91a5b4e16d4d8b5f9f76a4161d5ea4b8c4...
  9. Debug file appearing on desktop screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file appearing on desktop screen.: hey there, sometimes when i open my laptop it sometimes shows an notepad file name "Debug" when i open it some text is written there. [1026/185000.214:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 this it the text...
  10. debug file appearing on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    debug file appearing on the desktop: type - text document.log opens with - notepad file after opening it displays the following information: [1020/122331.587:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is gpu cache folder on desktop

2. gpu cache folder

3. gpu cache folder on desktop

4. what is gpu cache folder,
  5. winget install failure folder,
  6. GPUcache on desktop,
  7. windows 10 gpu folder appeared on desktop,
  8. gpu cache,
  9. what causes gpucache folder to be created,
  10. debug.log randomly shows up in windows folders,
  11. what is mat-debug file www.windowsphoneinfo.com,