Windows 10: GPU clock energy saving?

Discus and support GPU clock energy saving? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I like to save energy, who knows how I managed to get my 1070 to go down from the standard 1597mhz to 139 mhz, saves about 30watt in idle :)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by boersenbanane, Jul 10, 2020.

1. GPU clock energy saving?

Hello, I like to save energy,

who knows how I managed to get my 1070 to go down from the standard 1597mhz to 139 mhz, saves about 30watt in idle GPU clock energy saving? :)

Change in NvidiaControllPanel under performance mode, whether adaptive or optimal does not change anything

and in the Windoof is already set to maximum saving in the energy options under pci-express

What caused my clock speed to drop to 139mhz in the last Windows system ?

All programs that use hardware acceleration, I disabled this option.

:)

boersenbanane, Jul 10, 2020

2. GPU spikes and high energy usage

Hi,

so, it's been about 2-3 mounths that my pc started to register some high energy usage (like in the image below) and very frequent GPU spiking, causing

software choking and one of them immediatly crashes (Blender 2.80). Spiking occurs when doing something minimally demandind.

My PC is new, it is less than 1 year old, it has already been dusted and it's configs are:

i7 8700 3.2 GHz, 24 GB RAM, B360 TUF Gaming, GPU Geforce GTX1080, 700W power supply (which supplies cpu, 25'' 60Hz IPS monitor, small tablet, mouse and keyboard).

I don't think i have install any important driver that would bug so much my pc. The energy usage register varies a lot! But normally goes 'high' and 'very high' mainly for Photoshop, Goggle Chrome and any 'bigger' software I'm using.

What could be that?

GPU clock energy saving? 279a5957-8a81-4036-9adb-29de529f0aaf?upload=true.png

GuilhermeFinardi, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Consistent change of clock time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the time keeps on changing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 10, 2020
  4. GPU clock energy saving?

Clock timer

Hello Mal,

Issue as such can be a result of a broken component on the system files. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to verify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you using the built-in Windows app or a third party app for clock timer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

Regards.

Zedrick Del, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

GPU clock energy saving?

1. GPU clock energy saving? - Similar Threads - GPU clock energy

2. Energy Save Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Energy Save Settings don't work: My Win11 PC does not heed the recommended energy saving settings. The monitor does shut off after three minutes, but the machine stays on forever. Even when I put it to sleep via the Start button, it turns on again after a few seconds. What is wrong?...
  3. Energy Save Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Energy Save Settings don't work: My Win11 PC does not heed the recommended energy saving settings. The monitor does shut off after three minutes, but the machine stays on forever. Even when I put it to sleep via the Start button, it turns on again after a few seconds. What is wrong?...
  4. Any way to change in register which GPU is used for Energy saving?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to change in register which GPU is used for Energy saving?: I have my primary monitor connected to my RX 5700, and another connected to the video output of my Ryzen 5700G, however, Windows seems to prefer using the 5700 for everything, and in Graphic Settings I have this see screenshotAs you can see, both power plans use the 5700, I...
  5. Any way to change in register which GPU is used for Energy saving?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to change in register which GPU is used for Energy saving?: I have my primary monitor connected to my RX 5700, and another connected to the video output of my Ryzen 5700G, however, Windows seems to prefer using the 5700 for everything, and in Graphic Settings I have this see screenshotAs you can see, both power plans use the 5700, I...
  6. GPU Clock stuck at 300MHz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Clock stuck at 300MHz: My laptop is a Dell G5 5590 with and RTX 2060 and it’s running games on 10fps that used to run just fine before. Ran heaven benchmank with GPUz open and found out the clock speed is stuck at 300MHz when the minimum expected should be around 960 for my graphics card… I’ve...
  7. Strange pc energy saving behavior

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange pc energy saving behavior: Hi everyone, I state that I have always had problems understanding how the energy saving of my Asus laptop works. First of all, I don't understand how energy profiles work and I can't use monitoring tools. I start from a concrete example: I'm trying to open a password...
  8. Energy Saving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Energy Saving: Hi, I like the default dark background in W10. But still there are some features in Windows, that will use Energy for no reason as the Screensaver. In a World thinking about his Energy poblems, you should disable the possibility to even activate such features. did you...
  9. Balanced or energy saving mode Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Balanced or energy saving mode Win10?: What's the difference in Windows 10's power plan between Balanced and Sleep? Ausbalanciert oder Energiesparmodus Win10?
  10. GPU spikes and high energy usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU spikes and high energy usage: Hi, so, it's been about 2-3 mounths that my pc started to register some high energy usage (like in the image below) and very frequent GPU spiking, causing software choking and one of them immediatly crashes (Blender 2.80). Spiking occurs when doing something minimally...