Windows 10: GPU driver latency since Windows 10 20H2 update

Discus and support GPU driver latency since Windows 10 20H2 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have the latest nvidia drivers and everything was running smoothly until the Windows update. After that, I started getting stuttering in all videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Galactico316, Mar 2, 2021.

1. GPU driver latency since Windows 10 20H2 update

I have the latest nvidia drivers and everything was running smoothly until the Windows update. After that, I started getting stuttering in all videos including youtube in chrome and videos played in MPC or VLC.

I've tried many fixes but the only one that has worked so far is running the below commands:

- bcdedit /set useplatformclock No

- bcdedit /set useplatformtick yes

- bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

I'm not too keen on messing around with these kind of settings as there's often other side effects.

Specs:

GPU driver latency since Windows 10 20H2 update 86bb545f-5299-4c20-b438-229644ba93bd?upload=true.png

:)

Galactico316, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 2, 2021
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Mar 2, 2021
  4. GPU driver latency since Windows 10 20H2 update

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

GPU driver latency since Windows 10 20H2 update

1. GPU driver latency since Windows 10 20H2 update - Similar Threads - GPU driver latency

2. HP printer error since updating Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer error since updating Windows 10 20H2: I have an HP Deskject Ink Advantage 5275 All-in-one printer.It was printing perfectly on the morning of Wednesday 12 May 2021.Microsoft then pushed a Windows 10 update for 20H2 in the afternoon.An "print error" message is then displayed when attempting to print.Thank you...
  3. GPU issues after update to 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU issues after update to 20H2: I have an older PC, Dell Inspiron 531, with MSI GeForceGT710 installed in it, other upgrades include Toshiba SSD, 8gb Ram, upgradedPSU old one failed after 12yrs. The Toshiba SSD is partitioned in 2, for dualboot Win7/Win10. Up until recently everything was working fine, last...
  4. Network Problem Since Windows 10 Update version 20H2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Problem Since Windows 10 Update version 20H2: Since updating Windows 10 to version 20H2 latest version, only 3 of my 4 PCs show up in network folder. Can anyone help? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-problem-since-windows-10-update-version/8bf4dffc-0422-42d7-b6c5-513b0b16599a
  5. Since Windows Windows 10, version 20H2 updated Not enough memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Since Windows Windows 10, version 20H2 updated Not enough memory: OS: Windows 10 64-Bit (Japanese) Ram: 12.0 GB Drivers/Software/Browser all up to date Empty space on Hard Disk 378 GB Since the latest Windows 10, version 2004 or say 20H2 updated there are a lot of problems I am facing but the worst one is when I run a software for image...
  6. No audio since 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio since 20H2 update.: My realtek based onboard sound no longer works. It shows it's playing sound but nothing comes out my speakers. My bluetooth headphones (soundcore Life Q20) function normally. I had fixed it with a modded driver but after a few reboots it no longer works again. Everything was...
  7. smartscreen.exe hyperactive since update to 20H2

smartscreen.exe hyperactive since update to 20H2: ...and I noticed because it makes mylaptop vent harder. It runs for about 10 min after startup. I didnt not notice any other issues (drivers and such) after updating. Anyone has this issue too? submitted by /u/nope_on_wheels [link] [comments]...
  8. Weird latency issues and stuttering since updating windows 10 to 2004

Weird latency issues and stuttering since updating windows 10 to 2004: Hi, yesterday my windows 10 updated to this damn 2004 version of it and ever since I get random weird lag spikes in video and audio, so today I've found out about latecymon and the problem seems to be from the nvidia drivers and storport.sys apparently:...
  9. Latency problems since last couple Win10 updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latency problems since last couple Win10 updates: In the last week it seems several updates have been pushed to my Win10 laptop and now I have significant latency issues affecting overall sluggishness and streaming audio (not locally stored media). The latency monitor identifies ndis.sys as the latency hog. dxgkrnl.sys seems...
  10. Audio Latency Issues since upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Latency Issues since upgrading to Windows 10: I get crackles and delays in audio (when watching videos online as well as in files offline). I have tried reinstalling drivers and disabling audio enhancements but that hasn't helped. I've tried a tool called LatencyMon and it points to the network drivers. One of the...