Windows 10: GPU Drivers are kind of annoying

Discus and support GPU Drivers are kind of annoying in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So I haven't been here in years, but I am just curious as to why GPU drivers seem to start screwing up when a new one is released regardless of whether... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Kitsune, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Kitsune Win User

GPU Drivers are kind of annoying

So I haven't been here in years, but I am just curious as to why GPU drivers seem to start screwing up when a new one is released regardless of whether your are online or off line. I tried searching for this answer and I come up with everything but, so if there is an answer, maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

Kitsune, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

GPU

Hi,

This issue may happen if the GPU is taking more time to display the graphics on your monitor and if the graphics card or driver is already problematic.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try to uninstall then reinstall the graphics driver and see if the issue will persist:

• Press Windows key + S and type devmgmt.msc.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on your graphics driver.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 - little annoying artifacts for GPU scaling with newest AMD and nVidia drivers

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware
    attached to your computer was installed correctly.

Follow the steps given below:

a. Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b. Click on Troubleshooting tab.

c. Click on
    view all option on the upper left corner.

d. Select the Hardware
    and Device options from the list.

e. Click next to run the Hardware
    and Device
    Troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to follow the below method.

Method 2:

Step 1:

I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website of your graphic card and check for any updated drivers available there. If so, try to install them and check if it fix the issue.

Step 2:

If the issue still persist or if no updated driver’s available try and installing the available drivers (Windows 7 or Windows 8.1) in compatibility mode and
    check if it helps.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in
    compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
    “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 21, 2018
  4. GPU Drivers are kind of annoying

GPU crashes after installing windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

As you said, you are facing the issue while playing a game that requires better gpu.so, the issue is related to graphics driver.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

As, you tried uninstalling nvidia gpu and installing newest drivers(358.50),and it did not work. so, in that case I suggest you to download and install the earlier version of the driver from
    manufacturer website and check .

If issue persists,

Method 2

I suggest you to disable Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and check if it helps..

To do so, Please follow the steps below:

• Type devicemanager in the
      search
      bar.

• Expand the display driver.

• Right click on
      Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
      driver and click disable.

Still issue persists,

Please contact to the manufacturer website.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

GPU Drivers are kind of annoying

1. GPU Drivers are kind of annoying - Similar Threads - GPU Drivers are

2. GPU Drivers for Adreno 618 GPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Drivers for Adreno 618 GPU.: I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Book Go, and have been getting errors when opening some games, such as Minecraft Java, saying that I need to update my graphics drivers in order to play. I've been looking for over a week and have not found anything about updated drivers or any...
  3. GPU Drivers for Adreno 618 GPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU Drivers for Adreno 618 GPU.: I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Book Go, and have been getting errors when opening some games, such as Minecraft Java, saying that I need to update my graphics drivers in order to play. I've been looking for over a week and have not found anything about updated drivers or any...
  4. Annoying GPU-Z popup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Annoying GPU-Z popup: this popup is coming again and again how can i stop it!? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-gpu-z-popup/6997963c-5a9d-46d4-aabe-a7fe965ca994
  5. Annoying GPU-Z popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying GPU-Z popup: this popup is coming again and again how can i stop it!? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-gpu-z-popup/6997963c-5a9d-46d4-aabe-a7fe965ca994
  6. Annoying GPU-Z popup

7. GPU and Driver problems

GPU and Driver problems: I just got the drivers for my gt 1030 I just got today, and now neither my previous integrated graphics card or my current graphics card will work. I just get the Black Screen of Death. To remove the drivers I need to open windows in safe mode, but it won't boot. I have tried...
  8. GPU and Driver problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU and Driver problems: I just got the drivers for my gt 1030 I just got today, and now neither my previous integrated graphics card or my current graphics card will work. I just get the Black Screen of Death. To remove the drivers I need to open windows in safe mode, but it won't boot. I have tried...
  9. GPU driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPU driver: So I had some problems with my GPU driver. I install the correct GPU driver today's morning and it worked perfectly fine. task manager is showing it, armoury create is showing it. and everything is working. until I came back from school and I wanted to change my Nvidia...
  10. Can I disable this kind of annoying stuff?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I disable this kind of annoying stuff?: [ATTACH] Is there a way to disable this shit? I use the Dev version of Edge but Windows insists on getting me to use the normal version (that is already chromium) while also recommending the "new" Edge....