Windows 10: GPU Grinding Noise

Discus and support GPU Grinding Noise in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My GPU is the GTX 970. It's started making an odd noise when I play games. The game in question is very hard on the video card, but it runs it with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Nick.D, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Nick.D Win User

GPU Grinding Noise

My GPU is the GTX 970.

It's started making an odd noise when I play games.
    The game in question is very hard on the video card, but it runs it with no performance or temperature issues.
    The average temperature when playing is 55-65 Celsius.

It only happens while I'm playing a game, so I figured it was coil whine (which I've had problems with before) at first.
    The problem is I only get coil whine at 200+ fps, and I have it capped at 60.
    The noise isn't the same either.
    Instead of a constant...

GPU Grinding Noise

Nick.D, Jun 20, 2018
  2. DrPepper Win User

Grinding Noise

Possibly a HDD dying. I had a grinding noise on the lead up to one of mine dying howerever like mussels says you need to take it out and check whats making the noise.

DrPepper, Jun 20, 2018
  3. Grinding Noise

I have a good computer that run fine but sometimes after a while it begin to make a grinding noise intermittent. Could it be my Hard drive or more my power supply? look at my system specs under my avatar and youll see.

Thank you

MohawkAngel, Jun 20, 2018
  4. GPU Grinding Noise

Grinding noise on Windows 10

I just installed Windows 10 on my 5 year old HP laptop, and I am having a problem with the sound. It has an intermittent grinding sound. At first I thought it was Youtube, but then, any sound system I open has the same identical grinding sound.

It is VERY annoying. If I cannot fix it, I will have to revert to Windows 7.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Feedback really appreciated.

Thank you

tina global citizen, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

GPU Grinding Noise

1. GPU Grinding Noise - Similar Threads - GPU Grinding Noise

2. My GPU does a rattle noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My GPU does a rattle noise: So this is very new to me and it all started yesterday. First, one of my fans moves slower than the other one and at some point, I can hear the fan making a strange noise despite the temperature being under 83 C while playing but it won't last long. Is this a sign of a dying...
  3. My GPU does a rattle noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My GPU does a rattle noise: So this is very new to me and it all started yesterday. First, one of my fans moves slower than the other one and at some point, I can hear the fan making a strange noise despite the temperature being under 83 C while playing but it won't last long. Is this a sign of a dying...
  4. My GPU does a rattle noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My GPU fans are making a grinding/vibrating sound. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My GPU fans are making a grinding/vibrating sound. How can I fix this?: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yq4Mzf My GPU fans are making a horrible grinding noise when I increase the fan speed past a certain threshold. How can I fix this? If this can’t be fixed, I’ll have to return this to Newegg and look for another 6800 XT. I have an ASRock...
  6. GPU Making Grinding Noise

GPU Making Grinding Noise: I haven't been able to use my desktop PC for weeks due to this grinding noise coming from the GPU fan I believe(I know for sure it's not the hard drive nor the fan so I've not been too worried.). I have opened it up inspected it etc. and don't really know what else to do I'm...
  7. Computer freezes with grinding noise and then restart itself

Computer freezes with grinding noise and then restart itself: Hi guys, I've got a problem that's preventing me from playing and I'm kind of starting feeling a little desperate now, so I need expert help Basically while playing (doesn't matter the game, it happened both with MTG:Arena and Path of Exile) the machine will freeze at random...
  8. Fan making grinding noise

Fan making grinding noise: My fan is making a terrible grinding noise. It runs loud and also pulses at times. I called tech support. They wanted $90 to fix. What is causing this? The mentioned something about fan drivers (and other drivers not working properly). How can I fix it?...
  9. Fan making grinding noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan making grinding noise: My fan is making a terrible grinding noise. It runs loud and also pulses at times. I called tech support. They wanted $90 to fix. What is causing this? The mentioned something about fan drivers (and other drivers not working properly). How can I fix it?...
  10. format C:, then fresh install, HD STILL grinds and grinds and grinds a

in Windows 10 Support
    format C:, then fresh install, HD STILL grinds and grinds and grinds a: I had to resort to a full re-install of Windows 10 (from an WIndows 10 ISO disc I created) because it was bogging my hard drive down so hard the activitly LED was on non-stop and it just endlessly grinded and grinded doing something lol....There is either some kind (or many...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. grinding noise from gpu