Windows 10: GPU inactivity

Discus and support GPU inactivity in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello and hope you are having a good day! This bug always occur so it's been annoying me for like 2 weeks now so I decided to ask. The problem is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JifuCast, Dec 23, 2018.

1. JifuCast Win User

GPU inactivity

JifuCast, Dec 23, 2018
  2. axe0 Win User

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

3. scroll inactive window

Hi,

To address your concern with Scroll Inactive Window, we suggest that you update the driver of your mouse. Check this link
    for the steps.

Let us know how it goes.

MaRoselle Cag, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Zeond1987 Win User

GPU inactivity

Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

GPU inactivity

1. GPU inactivity - Similar Threads - GPU inactivity

2. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-enabled-gpu-accelerated-hardware-scheduling/c1c3c034-d51b-491d-97e5-93efeea775e4
  3. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-enabled-gpu-accelerated-hardware-scheduling/c1c3c034-d51b-491d-97e5-93efeea775e4
  4. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. After disabling my Intergrated GPU in my BIOS, my fans keeps resetting and my cpu dosent boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After disabling my Intergrated GPU in my BIOS, my fans keeps resetting and my cpu dosent boot.: My PC has suddenly stopped starting up. On checking with case open, the CPU fan starts running when the power is turned on, but it stops after about 2-3 seconds, restarts again after about 2-3 seconds and the loop is repeated. There is no beep and nothing appears on the...
  6. After disabling my Intergrated GPU in my BIOS, my fans keeps resetting and my cpu dosent boot.

After disabling my Intergrated GPU in my BIOS, my fans keeps resetting and my cpu dosent boot.: My PC has suddenly stopped starting up. On checking with case open, the CPU fan starts running when the power is turned on, but it stops after about 2-3 seconds, restarts again after about 2-3 seconds and the loop is repeated. There is no beep and nothing appears on the...
  7. Recently built a PC from all new parts except GPU. Now I suffer daily BSoD with various codes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently built a PC from all new parts except GPU. Now I suffer daily BSoD with various codes.: I now am seeing tons of BSOD failures. I reinstalled windows hoping this would fix the problem. I now see that it hasn't, so I present the following minidump. If anyone can deduce the point of failure from this info I will be forever in your debt....
  8. Recently built a PC from all new parts except GPU. Now I suffer daily BSoD with various codes.

Recently built a PC from all new parts except GPU. Now I suffer daily BSoD with various codes.: I now am seeing tons of BSOD failures. I reinstalled windows hoping this would fix the problem. I now see that it hasn't, so I present the following minidump. If anyone can deduce the point of failure from this info I will be forever in your debt....
  9. Recently built a PC from all new parts except GPU. Now I suffer daily BSoD with various codes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Predator Helios 300 GPU goes inactive and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Predator Helios 300 GPU goes inactive and BSOD: Hey folks. I have a Predator Helios 300 2019 I5 9300H + RTX 2060 PH-315-52 I bought last May and during August it started not wanting to use the RTX 2060 GPU in the PC for games and other tasks. If I open a game, it would cause the GPU to go inactive and the integrated GPU to...