Windows 10: GPU info on Desktop

Discus and support GPU info on Desktop in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello I have never seen this GPU info on my desktop until today. Can someone tell me how to get rid of it? I looked in task manager but not sure what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Loopygram, May 28, 2019.

1. Loopygram Win User

GPU info on Desktop

Hello

I have never seen this GPU info on my desktop until today. Can someone tell me how to get rid of it? I looked in task manager but not sure what to look for.

GPU info on Desktop [​IMG]

Thank you,

Loopy

:)

Loopygram, May 28, 2019
  2. Norton Win User

hd6570 ggdr3 vs hd4670 gddr 3

Best you can do is compare desktop gpu benchmarks against mobile gpu benchmarks and decide if that info is appropriate for your needs. You listed several desktop gpus that you felt may be close in performance.

I suggest that you start there....

Norton, May 28, 2019
  3. theonedub Win User
    GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, May 28, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

GPU info on Desktop

Desktop Window Manager(DWM.exe) using high GPU

Hi Hasnat,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community Forums.

In Windows, desktop composition is performed by Desktop Windows Manager. The way applications display pixels on the screen, it is managed by DWM. When desktop composition is enabled, individual windows no longer draw directly to the screen or primary
    display device as they did in previous versions of Windows. Instead, their drawing is redirected to off-screen surfaces in video memory, which are then rendered into a desktop image and presented on the display.

The GPU (NVidia) usage of 35-40% by games is absolutely normal, however at the same time Desktop Windows Manager is using the high percentage of Intel GPU, which isn’t normal and it might be the cause of the low FPS.

I suggest to refer to the suggestions given by Reymichael Ros, dated March 2, 2018 on

Desktop Windows Manager (dwm.exe) load GPU too much.

If the above step doesn’t work, you may try setting the NVidia card to maximum performance and disable Intel graphics adapter to see if it works.

• Right click on desktop and select NVidia Control Panel from the context menu.
    • Now on the left hand pane expand 3D settings.
    • Click on Manage 3D settings.
    • Under Preferred graphics processor, select
      High-performance NVidia processor.
    • Click on Apply.

Before disabling the Intel graphics adapter, I would recommend to create a system restore point. Please refer to the article:
    Create a system restore point.

• Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for
      Run.
    • In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Now right click on the Intel Graphics drivers and click on
      Disable.
    • Click on OK.
    • Reboot the computer and check the frame rate.
    In case disabling Intel graphics adapter does not work, I would suggest to uninstall the Intel graphics drivers completely and install the latest drivers from the Intel support site.

• Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for
      Run.
    • In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Now right click on the Intel Graphics drivers and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Check the checkbox to delete the drivers from the computer and reboot the computer.
    • Download and install latest drivers from

Downloads for Intel HD Graphics 630

If none of the above methods works, I would encourage you to provide your feedback and suggestions using the Windows 10 Feedback Hub app, so that the Windows developer team has direct access to it.

Send feedback to Microsoft with Feedback Hub

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 28, 2019
Thema:

GPU info on Desktop

1. GPU info on Desktop - Similar Threads - GPU info Desktop

2. GPU 100% crash to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU 100% crash to desktop: I recently put together a new computer, and having issues. Whats going on is that about a month ago I put off on getting to it until now, I will run some games at minimum settings LoL for one example, and I will have the game crash and leave to desktop. When looking in task...
  3. GPU 100% crash to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU 100% crash to desktop: I recently put together a new computer, and having issues. Whats going on is that about a month ago I put off on getting to it until now, I will run some games at minimum settings LoL for one example, and I will have the game crash and leave to desktop. When looking in task...
  4. My affected GPU Info Intel UHD Graphics 630

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My affected GPU Info Intel UHD Graphics 630: Hi, this is my GPU info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-affected-gpu-info-intel-uhd-graphics-630/c3255f59-b5b1-4fa4-b09f-6dbe1f022e52
  5. My affected GPU Info Intel UHD Graphics 630

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My affected GPU Info Intel UHD Graphics 630: Hi, this is my GPU info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-affected-gpu-info-intel-uhd-graphics-630/c3255f59-b5b1-4fa4-b09f-6dbe1f022e52
  6. My affected GPU Info Intel UHD Graphics 630

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Desktop Windows Manager eating GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Windows Manager eating GPU: I don't know the exact format I'm supposed to put my specs in, but i hope this works Dell Precision 5530 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-8850H CPU @ 2.6GHz 2.59 GHz Installed memory RAM: 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor GPU 0:...
  8. add company info to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    add company info to desktop: Every once in awhile I will stop at businesses and see, either in the left or lower right hand corner of company computer desktops, companies names, there address, phone number, email address, etc., displayed. I just recently started a new company and would like to use the...
  9. Selecting default GPU on a desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Selecting default GPU on a desktop: I recently bought a Ryzen 5 3400G with the intent of using its integrated GPU for normal desktop usage and less demanding games, while I continue to use my significantly more power-hungry Vega 64 to run the more demanding games. While it's worked better than I expected for...
  10. Weird characters in GPU Properties info

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird characters in GPU Properties info: [img] Anyone have any idea why adapter name appears in gibberish characters? the card works 100% in WinX and Win7 on same PC. Thanks for ur input! 4952