Windows 10: GPU Interfere with Sound Card/Onboard Audio

Discus and support GPU Interfere with Sound Card/Onboard Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having this issue with my NVIDIA GT 730 and Acer TC - 704 + LG Flatron W1642S Monitor + CREATIVE INSPIRE 3130 Stereo Speakers; audible noise when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AitoYuki, Mar 20, 2020.

1. AitoYuki Win User

GPU Interfere with Sound Card/Onboard Audio

I'm having this issue with my NVIDIA GT 730 and Acer TC - 704 + LG Flatron W1642S Monitor + CREATIVE INSPIRE 3130 Stereo Speakers; audible noise when the GPU is under load. It seems to be coupled to the refresh rate, i.e. animations, mouse movement. the noise is around 30 to 60 Hz Depend on Screen refresh rate HDMI Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio is not affected on this problem.

After researching it seems like lots of people have had the same problems with some NVIDIA Graphic Cards and they suspected about ground loops/interference but i don't have any evidence about this.

Also lots of people suggest to switch to AMD Graphics but I don't want to because of my budget.

Please Help me about this problem I've been pulled my hair for month about this problem and I'm running out of solution

:)

AitoYuki, Mar 20, 2020

2. Onboard Audio issues

Hi there,

I just purchased an asrock z170 extreme4 and I am having issues with getting the onboard audio working.
    My setup isn't detecting the sound card in device manager and I can't figure out why. The only audio device coming up is that of my graphics card.

I'll try and list what I've done to try to fix this issue:
    -Made sure that the BIOS setting for the onboard was set to Enabled
    -Fresh windows 10 install with all the newest drivers from asrock.com
    -I've tried unplugging the front audio connector on the motherboard to see if there's a conflict
    -Uninstalled realtek driver and downloaded and installed the newest ones from the website
    -Searched the internet for hours for a solution and cried a little
    -Reinstalled windows 10 and repeated the process and now I'm here

If anyone could kindly give me any suggestions I would appreciate it.
    At this rate I'm thinking my board is defective, which would be a shame.

If it will help the specs of my PC are:
    Intel 6500
    Nvidia gtx 970
    8gb ddr4 RAM

Audi0pr0bz, Mar 20, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Mar 20, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

using sound card + onboard audio?

I want to have my heatset plugged in at the same time as my speakers, but my speakers take up 3 jacks and thats all my sound card has. My sound card is an Audigy 2 ZS, and my onboard audio is "Realtek ALC662 6-Channel HD Audio" according to Biostar's website. It has one speaker jack, one headphones jack and one mic jack.

Anyway is there a way I can use my sound card and onboard audio at the same time?

Thema:

1. GPU Interfere with Sound Card/Onboard Audio - Similar Threads - GPU Interfere Sound

2. HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working: Hello, I would like to ask you, I have recently done clean install of Windows 7 on my computer. But later, when I installed all drivers and BIOS updates available for my NUC, I discovered, that my on board sound card is not recognizable and sound only goes trough my HDMI...
  3. HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working: Hello, I would like to ask you, I have recently done clean install of Windows 7 on my computer. But later, when I installed all drivers and BIOS updates available for my NUC, I discovered, that my on board sound card is not recognizable and sound only goes trough my HDMI...
  4. HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working: Hello,I would like to ask you, I have recently done clean install of Windows 7 on my computer. But later, when I installed all drivers and BIOS updates available for my NUC, I discovered, that my on board sound card is not recognizable and sound only goes trough my HDMI...
  5. HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working: Hello,I would like to ask you, I have recently done clean install of Windows 7 on my computer. But later, when I installed all drivers and BIOS updates available for my NUC, I discovered, that my on board sound card is not recognizable and sound only goes trough my HDMI...
  6. Using onboard Realitec Sound instead of GPU.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using onboard Realitec Sound instead of GPU.: Hi,I have an onboard 5.1 Asrock B83 Pro3 Realtek sound card with an PCIe Nvidia GPU. In the audio settings the onboard sound is not picked up and only refers to Nvidia HD Audio. Please assist in what drivers, software changes to install to get use the onboard sound card....
  7. realtek audio drivers for asus onboard sound

realtek audio drivers for asus onboard sound: How can I roll back the insider updates past the point where they stopped supporting Realtek hd audio. I have an asus mother board that runs sonic 3 sound interface that requires Realtek drivers to be installed. I have installed dozens of oldest to newest driver to no avail....
  8. disabling gpu and activating onboard graphics

disabling gpu and activating onboard graphics: how do I disable graphics card and activate onboard graphics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-gpu-and-activating-onboard-graphics/efd0d66f-cd28-46ea-aadd-7ab130f65d41
  9. Onboard Audio issues

Onboard Audio issues: Hi there, I just purchased an asrock z170 extreme4 and I am having issues with getting the onboard audio working. My setup isn't detecting the sound card in device manager and I can't figure out why. The only audio device coming up is that of my graphics card. I'll try...
  10. Can onboard graphics & separate GPU card be used with two monitors?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can onboard graphics & separate GPU card be used with two monitors?: I'm replacing my motherboard from an i5 Intel to an AMD Ryzen system. New CPU, RAM & GPU. Currently, I use two monitors; a Dell 27" 1920x1200px & NEC 24" 1920x1080 on one GPU card, an nVidia GTX 560 Ti. The new MB has on board graphics but I need the Dual-RX580 for video &...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does gpu interfere with audio