Windows 10: GPU is ignored by computer.

Discus and support GPU is ignored by computer. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a AMD XFX HD 6870 and my computer is ignoring it, running off my integrated graphics instead.*Mad 52774 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Dumbbird, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Dumbbird Win User

GPU is ignored by computer.

I have a AMD XFX HD 6870 and my computer is ignoring it, running off my integrated graphics instead.*Mad

:)

Dumbbird, Jun 7, 2016
  2. JCrumpley Win User

Settings seeming to be ignored by the computer.

When I type in troubleshooting into the pop-up, it tell me that "Windows cannot find troubleshooting, make you you typed the name correctly and try again.

JCrumpley, Jun 7, 2016
  3. Settings seeming to be ignored by the computer.

Hi Crumpley,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

Method 1: Run power troubleshooter, and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Press Windows +R key on the keyboard.

Step 2: Type troubleshooting in the pop-up box and press
    Enter.

Step 3: Click System and Security on left panel.

Step 4: Click Power, new window will popup.

Step 5: Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: If the issue persist, perform Clean Boot, and check if the issue is resolved.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Following is a link to perform a Clean Boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Jun 7, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Change preference in BIOS .....

RWOne, Jun 7, 2016
  5. Dumbbird Win User
    I did...

Dumbbird, Jun 7, 2016
  6. Dumbbird Win User
    Also forgot to mention, it was working fine yesterday.

Dumbbird, Jun 7, 2016
  7. bobkn Win User
    What ports are your monitors connected to?

I can't imagine how you'd get anything from the onboard graphics if your monitors are connected only to the discrete 6870 card.

bobkn, Jun 7, 2016
  8. Dumbbird Win User

I plugged the display cable into the motherboard, and that's how I was able to tell the graphics card was being ign

Dumbbird, Jun 7, 2016
  9. Dumbbird Win User
    Accidentally clicked post. -_-

Dumbbird, Jun 7, 2016
  10. bobkn Win User
    By "being ignored", do you mean that it's not working?

If the monitor is connected to the 6870, do you see a display before the machine boots into Windows? If so, that probably means that the 6870 isn't broken.

One guess: your graphics drivers could have been changed by Windows Update. (That assumes that you haven't disabled that. You can't turn off Windows Update altogether, but you can forbid driver updates.)

bobkn, Jun 8, 2016
  11. Dumbbird Win User
    If I plug my monitor into the GPU, the monitor says "No Signal".
    If I plug it into the motherboard, (On-board graphics) I have an output.
    And the 6870 gives no output at all.

Dumbbird, Jun 8, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
    That sounds like pretty dead graphic card if monitor is not registering it. Before you chuck it try few things. Re-seat the card in the PCIe slot and/or try it in another slot. Check the power connector from PSU to card.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. GPU is ignored by computer. - Similar Threads - GPU ignored computer

2. Ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ignored: I didnt get any answer... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ignored/d09608bb-feab-473b-90b2-d8c9315abf0f
  3. Ignored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ignored: I didnt get any answer... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ignored/d09608bb-feab-473b-90b2-d8c9315abf0f
  4. Ignore or not?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ignore or not?: Hi again. if I ever run the Microsoft Store Troubleshooter it often finds "Crashing apps not fixed". If I run it again after a few minutes all OK like the attachment below! A little misleading but I assume everything is OK! I also run the link I have attached so unsure if I...
  5. Ignore or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ignore or not?: Hi again. if I ever run the Microsoft Store Troubleshooter it often finds "Crashing apps not fixed". If I run it again after a few minutes all OK like the attachment below! A little misleading but I assume everything is OK! I also run the link I have attached so unsure if I...
  6. Ignore or not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer ignores shutdown blockers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer ignores shutdown blockers: Hello, I have a few apps that used to save a few things like workspaces, open files etc, and I'd get a notification on my screen that "X app is preventing you from shutdown", or it would show a reason as to why shutdown is delayed, but recently this functionality does not...
  8. IGNORE!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IGNORE!: IGNORE! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ignore/6f852dd0-9348-463e-908c-647921fb46b7
  9. Ignore this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ignore this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/josevictoriah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/io2d93/ignore_this/
  10. No Display With GPU in Computer

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Display With GPU in Computer: So I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 to resolve an issue I was having, so my Nvidia drivers were deleted in that process. When I went to turn my computer back on after i was finished, there was no display on the screen so I took out my GPU and plugged the VGA into the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when installing discrete vga windows 10 bsod stop code video_scheduler_internal_error