Windows 10: GPU low performance

Discus and support GPU low performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello! i have this pc : - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 4x2GB RAM 1333Hz - Gigabyte GA-EP41T-UD3L DDR3 - Msi GT 1030 2GB DDR4 oc - 350w FSP power supply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MOONERALSHABE, Sep 12, 2020.

1. GPU low performance

hello!
    i have this pc :

- Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz
    - 4x2GB RAM 1333Hz
    - Gigabyte GA-EP41T-UD3L DDR3
    - Msi GT 1030 2GB DDR4 oc
    - 350w FSP power supply

so i bought an RX 550 4GB G-DDR5 and before installing it i uninstalled the old GT 1030 driver using DDU and installed the new GPU and the driver for it from the official website and i got low fps on all games and the card was like not doing any performance better then my old one in the matter of fact it was doing lower performance then my old GPU the gt 1030 even tho i changed the setting's to eSports mode... so i uninstalled the driver's of the RX 550 and installed my old GPU again and what happens is that my old GPU is started to do like less 20-25 fps in all games... i uninstalled the driver's and install it again and still having same problem... i tested the RX 550 on a better motherboard/CPU and it was working greatly so i guess my PC didn't handle the RX 550 but my problem now is that my old GPU is doing lower performance, why ? and could the RX 550 effects my PC especially my motherboard "because it was kinda overheating" ? is it driver problem ? many questions in my head that made me surrender and ask here and see if i can get any help or accurate answer for why my old GPU is doing less 20 to 25 fps and why my RX 550 GPU didn't work on my PC

:)

MOONERALSHABE, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

My GPU is heavily under performing, please help!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of GPU?

• Do you face this issue only with this game or all the game?
    I suggest you to use the same GPU in different computer and check if the issue persist.

As you mentioned that you have overclocked the CPU, Microsoft does not recommend overclocking the CPU.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Sep 12, 2020
  3. having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and
    high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them
    to be one and not the other.

GaryDougall, Sep 12, 2020
  4. GPU low performance

Low on memory???

Hi,

Programs using too much memory and possible infection are a few of the factors that can trigger a Low on memory warning in Windows 10. We suggest running the
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter. This will automatically detect issues that might affect system performance. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Select Troubleshooting Control Panel.
    • Click View all.
    • Click System Maintenance.
    • Hit Next.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

GPU low performance

1. GPU low performance - Similar Threads - GPU low performance

2. High GPU but low FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High GPU but low FPS: Hello. Very generally, my issue is that I used to be able to run certain programs and games easily with my GPU, but in the past few months, I've been seeing heavy performance drops. My GPU is at 100% most of the time, my NVIDIA settings are tuned for performance, and as far...
  3. High GPU but low FPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High GPU but low FPS: Hello. Very generally, my issue is that I used to be able to run certain programs and games easily with my GPU, but in the past few months, I've been seeing heavy performance drops. My GPU is at 100% most of the time, my NVIDIA settings are tuned for performance, and as far...
  4. low gpu usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    low gpu usage: I have been playing warzone as of late and when i look at process explorer my gpu is only at 16% usage and its using 70% cpu im not sure whats wrong its not a bottle neck i dont think i run a ryzen 5 3600 and a 2060 ko anyone know a potential fix? submitted by /u/kang87-...
  5. Low GPU usage issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low GPU usage issue.: While I'm playing games I get low GPU usage and experience lag in frame drops and low fps in general. I have TITAN V and don't know why this is happening. Steps I've already done: Reinstall drivers Reinstall games Used Program Capability Troubleshooter Thanks....
  6. Low GPU usage issue.

Low GPU usage issue.: I recently got an issue where when I play games I have low GPU usage but also experience low fps drops and low fps in general. My pc specs: CPU: Intel i7-670K GPU: NVIDIA TITAN V I also have 48GB of RAM don't ask why this number. Thank you....
  7. GPU/CPU Performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPU/CPU Performance: Hello everyone! So I have an GTX 1060 3GB with an i5-7400 and 16GB Ram. I've used the app "UserBenchmark" and saw that my GPU is on red. I've noticed that too because whenever I play warzone, I always get 30 to 40 fps on the lowest settings when I should be getting anywhere...
  8. Low FPS/GPU

Low FPS/GPU: I got this Gaming Laptop that is a ASUS - ROG Strix G15 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti - 512GB SSD - Electro Punk I got it around August and wasn't playing it for games, mostly just for school. Later on i had started playing...
  9. Shocked by the low performance of a Q9550...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shocked by the low performance of a Q9550...: Hi, I had the opportunity to take for free an OptiPlex 755 PC, thinking that I could upgrade all its components and use it as a Home Theater PC, in other words: connect it to the TV and watch YouTube, Netflix, videos and pictures from HDD's, etc... It came with a Core 2 Duo...
  10. low performance

low performance: I have been using asus VivoBook R542uQ which has i7 8th gen processor with 8 gb ram and a nvidia 940mx but still my laptop is too slow.What problem might be causing such performance issue.please help!!...