Windows 10: GPU not being detected after recent CPU installation

Discus and support GPU not being detected after recent CPU installation in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; hai, I used to have Pentium G2030 but I replaced it with an i5-2400 (used). The CPU installed correctly as it displayed everywhere like it should.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by iDamn, Feb 2, 2017.

1. iDamn Win User

GPU not being detected after recent CPU installation

hai,

I used to have Pentium G2030 but I replaced it with an i5-2400 (used). The CPU installed correctly as it displayed everywhere like it should. https://i.imgur.com/ecI9cD1.png

But, my GPU which is a GT 630 suddenly disappear. I booted up with 1024x768 resolution. In Device Manager, GT 630 is hidden and it said that it is not connected. I tried unplugging and popping it back it but to no avail. Under Display Adapter, it shows "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" https://i.imgur.com/W6CZC7m.png

So I used DDU, to uninstall the driver entirely with the hope I could reinstall the Nvidia Drivers but I was dead wrong. Every driver I downloaded for my GT 630, Windows 10 64-bit version ended up with getting stuck at 4% and gave me the error "7zip: Data Error".

I tried downloading GeForce Experience, but it gave me "7zip: CRC Error".

I'm looking forward to any solution that anyone's got to offer. Where is my GPU gone?

p.s: tried downloading the driver from a software that was solely purposed to update missing or outdated drivers but still, error.

any help would be appreciated. here is the BIOS if it's any concern. https://i.imgur.com/3f6H5WE.jpg

:)

iDamn, Feb 2, 2017

2. NVIDIA GPU Not detected after windows 10 recent updates(NEW)

I have been using Nvidia GTX 650 for 3 years and with windows 10 for last 1 year. I recently got some weird updates from Microsoft and it automatically activated the intel HD 4000 Graphics. I'm no longer able to use NVidia GPU though I have installed drivers.

I tried a clean boot, updating BIOS, installing drivers manually but it shows no supported graphics card detected. I checked my PCI port is working fine, my GPU is working fine with other OS.

Please help me out, I'm trying to make it work for almost two weeks and don't see any helpful threads over internet most of them are year old and it's not working.

Romi Kalathiya, Feb 2, 2017
  3. NVIDIA GPU Not detected after windows 10 recent updates(NEW)

Thank you but Unfortunately, that won't work out dear as I already formatted my PC. And still facing the same problem.

Romi Kalathiya, Feb 2, 2017
  4. GPU not being detected after recent CPU installation

So when you replaced the CPU did you clear CMOS and allow it to discover your devices? I would suggest removing battery, holding power button for 20 seconds and then re-installing.

Your screen shot of the BIOS with integrated graphics, can you select that and show how it is configured.

Who made you motherboard?

Caledon Ken, Feb 2, 2017
  5. iDamn Win User
    I didn't do the installation, I sent it to a shop because I didn't have a thermal paste to apply, so I have no idea.

Battery? What battery?

Under that selection, there is a PEG and IGD. I chose the PEG as I didn't want Integrated Graphics Driver to be the default GPU. Also something about dual monitor.

iDamn, Feb 2, 2017
  6. Try reset to factory defaults as Caledon Ken suggested.

JordanMihailov, Feb 2, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    You probably need to clear the BIOS settings, depends on the MOBO, consult the manual, on mine it's a simple button. You may have to short some pins or remove the BIOS settings battery (usually a CR2032) something like that.

Just setting defaults in the BIOS may not be enough as they were for your old Processor. There are significant differences.

Helmut, Feb 2, 2017
  8. GPU not being detected after recent CPU installation

and a CR2032 is round flat battery, say 20mm across and looks like a coin.

Caledon Ken, Feb 2, 2017
  9. iDamn Win User
    im sorry but i have no idea what you are talking about and still clueless on what should i do.

im weak on BIOS topic

UPDATE: fixed my problem using "Driver Talent" which downloaded all required drivers even when I couldn't do it manually cause of the errors. Happy with the result. thanks for the reply guys

iDamn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

GPU not being detected after recent CPU installation

1. GPU not being detected after recent CPU installation - Similar Threads - GPU being detected

2. Gpu and WiFi not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gpu and WiFi not being detected: I just finished building my computer and I turned it on and there isn’t any WiFi showing up on the network list and my gpu isn’t being detected could anyone help?...
  3. Gpu and WiFi not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gpu and WiFi not being detected: I just finished building my computer and I turned it on and there isn’t any WiFi showing up on the network list and my gpu isn’t being detected could anyone help?...
  4. Gpu and WiFi not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia GPU not being detected.: My other GPU installed is not being detected in windows 10, So, recently I started using my old laptop again Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. my GPU stopped working code 45 and showed up under 'hidden devices' in Display Adapters in Device...
  6. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

Nvidia GPU not being detected.: My other GPU installed is not being detected in windows 10, So, recently I started using my old laptop again Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. my GPU stopped working code 45 and showed up under 'hidden devices' in Display Adapters in Device...
  7. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

8. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia GPU not being detected.: So, recently I started using my old laptop again Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. I decided to do a clean wipe of the system, and install drivers again. After a BSOD, my GPU stopped working code 45 and showed up under 'hidden devices' in Display Adapters in Device manager. I...
  9. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

Nvidia GPU not being detected.: So, recently I started using my old laptop again Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. I decided to do a clean wipe of the system, and install drivers again. After a BSOD, my GPU stopped working code 45 and showed up under 'hidden devices' in Display Adapters in Device manager. I...
  10. Nvidia GPU not being detected.