Windows 10: GPU not being detected only during first boot

Discus and support GPU not being detected only during first boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i recently built a new PC with the specs above and keep running into the same issue. the GPU only connects after i power up the PC with one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bruno Gragnani, Dec 5, 2023.

1. GPU not being detected only during first boot

i recently built a new PC with the specs above and keep running into the same issue. the GPU only connects after i power up the PC with one of the monitors connected to the integrated motherboard graphics so i can see my screen, hit the windows key and restart my PC. once i do this, the PC automatically shifts to GPU over integrated graphics. I cannot figure out if this is a hardware or software issue, but i have ran all bios/windows/driver updates and tried reseating my GPU as well as swapping out HDMI cords.

:)

Bruno Gragnani, Dec 5, 2023

2. GPU not detected

Hello,

I have been slowly rebuilding my old desktop. Some of the parts are old, but I have currently upgraded the RAM, mobo, CPU and hard drive. I would like to try and keep it where it is at instead of spending more money on it. I am experiencing an issue with
    detecting the graphics card. I have a monitor hooked up to the graphics card and, obviously, I can see what is going on. So I know that the GPU is being detected, but when I got to device manager, I cannot find the GPU anywhere. I have also typed in the
    command

into command prompt and it also says that the only video card I am using is the Windows Basic Display Adapter. I have checked online and the GPU is compatible with the motherboard so I know that isn't an issue. For reference the GPU is a GTX 560 Ti. I
    know it is a bit older, but I don't really need to update for the games I play. I just need it to work. Are there any other suggestions as to what I should do? I have listed my current build below.

Mobo: ASROCK x370 Gaming k4

RAM: EVGA DDR4 16GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x Six Core Processor

Again, any suggestions on how to solve this so my GPU is detected would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much and have a great day!

Moved from: [ Windows / Gaming on Windows 10 ]

ryankelly0117, Dec 5, 2023
  3. GrapeJams Win User
    Unable to detect NVIDIA GPU after latest windows 10 update

I believe I am having the same issue. The solution that you suggested does not work as I am unable to uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager as my GPU is not being detected and is therefore not listed under Display Adapters.

I have an Nvidia GTX 765M as well as an Intel integrated graphics card. At the moment the machine is only recognizing the inferior Intel card. I booted into the BIOS and noticed that my discrete graphics card was listed as [NOT DETECTED].

This appears to be an issue for several other users and I am quite confident it is an error on the Microsoft side.

GrapeJams, Dec 5, 2023
  4. Craextic Win User

GPU not being detected only during first boot

Windows not detecting dedicated gpu at all on laptop

I have an ASUS FX505DT laptop. Just recently after starting up the pc as usual the gpu was not detected at all. The only evidence there is even a gpu there is that the drivers are installed in device manager. The driver is not reporting any problems. There is no setting to enable the gpu in bios, nor does it list the gpu in hardware information on the bios, only the integrated. It isn’t listed on dxdiag either. The pc crashes frequently.

Craextic, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

GPU not being detected only during first boot

1. GPU not being detected only during first boot - Similar Threads - GPU being detected

2. Gpu and WiFi not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gpu and WiFi not being detected: I just finished building my computer and I turned it on and there isn’t any WiFi showing up on the network list and my gpu isn’t being detected could anyone help?...
  3. Gpu and WiFi not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gpu and WiFi not being detected: I just finished building my computer and I turned it on and there isn’t any WiFi showing up on the network list and my gpu isn’t being detected could anyone help?...
  4. GPU not being detected only during first boot

GPU not being detected only during first boot: i recently built a new PC with the specs above and keep running into the same issue. the GPU only connects after i power up the PC with one of the monitors connected to the integrated motherboard graphics so i can see my screen, hit the windows key and restart my PC. once i...
  5. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia GPU not being detected.: My other GPU installed is not being detected in windows 10, So, recently I started using my old laptop again Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. my GPU stopped working code 45 and showed up under 'hidden devices' in Display Adapters in Device...
  6. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

Nvidia GPU not being detected.: My other GPU installed is not being detected in windows 10, So, recently I started using my old laptop again Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. my GPU stopped working code 45 and showed up under 'hidden devices' in Display Adapters in Device...
  7. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

8. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia GPU not being detected.: So, recently I started using my old laptop again Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. I decided to do a clean wipe of the system, and install drivers again. After a BSOD, my GPU stopped working code 45 and showed up under 'hidden devices' in Display Adapters in Device manager. I...
  9. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

Nvidia GPU not being detected.: So, recently I started using my old laptop again Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. I decided to do a clean wipe of the system, and install drivers again. After a BSOD, my GPU stopped working code 45 and showed up under 'hidden devices' in Display Adapters in Device manager. I...
  10. Nvidia GPU not being detected.