Windows 10: GPU not being used properly, please help.

Discus and support GPU not being used properly, please help. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I've been trying to play games such as Rocket League, GTA5, Overwatch, Fortnite ect. I use to average about 150fps on Rocket League, Fortnite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BryceGarside, Oct 1, 2018.

1. GPU not being used properly, please help.

Recently I've been trying to play games such as Rocket League, GTA5, Overwatch, Fortnite ect. I use to average about 150fps on Rocket League, Fortnite and Overwatch and about 70fps on GTA5. But now i cannot get above 20 consistently.

I know that my PC is not using my motherboards integrated GPU. And I recently bought a new HDMI cable so I'm pretty sure it isn't that either (if that is even a possible reason for this performance failure).

When I was trying to self diagnose this issue myself I opened up task manager in the background while playing these games. I found that my cpu which is clocked at 3.50ghz was running at 100% constantly at a speed of 3.74ghz for some reason. And that about 15% of my GPU was being used in these graphically intensive games. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Pc specs:

Nvidia Geforce GTX1050ti 4gb

Ryzen 3 1300x 3.5ghz

MSI x370 gaming plus motherboard

2 x 4gb Hyper X 3200hz ddr4 ram

750w power supply (modular)

Windows 10 64bit

:)

BryceGarside, Oct 1, 2018

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 1, 2018
  3. axe0 Win User
    B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

axe0, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

GPU not being used properly, please help.

My GPU is heavily under performing, please help!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of GPU?

• Do you face this issue only with this game or all the game?
    I suggest you to use the same GPU in different computer and check if the issue persist.

As you mentioned that you have overclocked the CPU, Microsoft does not recommend overclocking the CPU.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

GPU not being used properly, please help.

1. GPU not being used properly, please help. - Similar Threads - GPU being used

2. my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!: So the way this started was one morning i turned on my computer and the monitors were black so i plugged my monitors into my motherboard and now my gpu isnt being detected or used, when i open device manager then display adapters it shows "IntelR HD Graphics 530" and i have a...
  3. my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!: So the way this started was one morning i turned on my computer and the monitors were black so i plugged my monitors into my motherboard and now my gpu isnt being detected or used, when i open device manager then display adapters it shows "IntelR HD Graphics 530" and i have a...
  4. my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. gpu not working properly

gpu not working properly: Suddenly my GTX 1650 is working abnormally. I have HP Gaming Laptop and games are not using the GPU properly They stutter heavily . I tested the UserBenchmarks and it didnt even used the main gpu , it rather tested the iGPU. I tried reinstalling the drivers, rollback the...
  6. Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings: My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long. There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me. My computer specs are here in a...
  7. Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings: My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long. There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me. My computer specs are here in a...
  8. My laptop doesn't use the dedicated gpu. Please Help.

My laptop doesn't use the dedicated gpu. Please Help.: Hello I think my laptop doesn't want to use the nvidia gpu for some reason. It's a new laptop just installed Win 10. I'm using AMD ryzen 7 4800H, gtx 1650 ti. I installed the GPU drivers from the nvidia website. I can see that the device manager DOES detect the gpu. It's...
  9. ram being used by... ...nothing...? please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ram being used by... ...nothing...? please help!: I AM SO CONFUSED WINDOWS TAKE UP 89% of my ram and i only have discord and google open. if u count everything together i should have 1gb used but no it says im using 7gb. im so confused please help me. submitted by /u/SP_Stickan [link] [comments]...
  10. GPU not being used

GPU not being used: Both of my monitors are connected. They're both using my integrated graphics even though my GPU NVIDIA Geforce 540M is connected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-not-being-used/0d77df90-53a9-4215-8c4d-9af2cbf22539

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu not being used

2. gpu 1 not being used

3. gpu 1 not being used in a laptop

4. gpu not used,
  5. my gpu isnt being used,
  6. gpu not used totaly,
  7. my gpu is not being used windows,
  8. how ro know on windows which gpu is being used,
  9. why is my gpu only being used 1-5%,
  10. why is my gpu not being used,
  11. gpu not being used only cpu?,