Windows 10: GPU not being used

Discus and support GPU not being used in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Both of my monitors are connected. They're both using my integrated graphics even though my GPU NVIDIA Geforce 540M is connected.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GustavZeigo, Jan 9, 2021.

1. GPU not being used

Both of my monitors are connected. They're both using my integrated graphics even though my GPU NVIDIA Geforce 540M is connected.

:)

GustavZeigo, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Zeond1987 Win User

Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 9, 2021
  4. axe0 Win User

GPU not being used

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

axe0, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

GPU not being used

1. GPU not being used - Similar Threads - GPU being used

2. Gpu and WiFi not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gpu and WiFi not being detected: I just finished building my computer and I turned it on and there isn’t any WiFi showing up on the network list and my gpu isn’t being detected could anyone help?...
  3. my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!: So the way this started was one morning i turned on my computer and the monitors were black so i plugged my monitors into my motherboard and now my gpu isnt being detected or used, when i open device manager then display adapters it shows "IntelR HD Graphics 530" and i have a...
  4. my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!: So the way this started was one morning i turned on my computer and the monitors were black so i plugged my monitors into my motherboard and now my gpu isnt being detected or used, when i open device manager then display adapters it shows "IntelR HD Graphics 530" and i have a...
  5. my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!

6. Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings: My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long. There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me. My computer specs are here in a...
  7. Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings: My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long. There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me. My computer specs are here in a...
  8. Integrated GPU being used over Dedicated GPU despite everything I've done

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated GPU being used over Dedicated GPU despite everything I've done: I have the GPU plugged in, and it's showing up in task manager. Going to Nvidia Control Panel like everyone said to, the button to select default GPU is not an option. I have restarted my pc, and gone into display settings and set it to high performance, but it won't work. I...
  9. Integrated GPU being used over Dedicated GPU despite everything I've done

Integrated GPU being used over Dedicated GPU despite everything I've done: I have the GPU plugged in, and it's showing up in task manager. Going to Nvidia Control Panel like everyone said to, the button to select default GPU is not an option. I have restarted my pc, and gone into display settings and set it to high performance, but it won't work. I...
  10. GPU not being used properly, please help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU not being used properly, please help.: Recently I've been trying to play games such as Rocket League, GTA5, Overwatch, Fortnite ect. I use to average about 150fps on Rocket League, Fortnite and Overwatch and about 70fps on GTA5. But now i cannot get above 20 consistently. I know that my PC is not using my...