Windows 10: GPU not detected after system restore please help!

Discus and support GPU not detected after system restore please help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok so 2 days ago i started troubleshooting GPU issues i was having which seemed to be software and/or driver related. These issues are nothing new I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jayseearr, Jun 10, 2020.

1. jayseearr Win User

GPU not detected after system restore please help!

Ok so 2 days ago i started troubleshooting GPU issues i was having which seemed to be software and/or driver related. These issues are nothing new I've pretty much been experiencing them on and off since i got the card. However this time I kinda went overboard and fell down the rabbit hole. In an effort to completely eradicate my system of any traces of AMD files I must have went wrong somewhere and somehow interfered with the systems ability to detect my GPU so basically things went from bad to much worse. For a little more context the most recent issue i had was the AMD software kept resetting and putting my GPU on zeroRPM mode and the GPU would crash as soon as it encountered any 3d renders or things that would stress the GPU. I ended up removing all drivers and reinstalling the software/drivers and that didn't work so then i proceeded to do a complete clean system restore. At some point before i did the restore i also ended up disabling and uninstalling all display adapters tied to AMD as well as any AMD options i could findmedia,audio,display,etcand tampering with some pci options and stuff that i really don't know much of anything about but i figured a fresh windows install would fix any issues that could have potentially created. Anyhow, like i said. since i did the system restore things got worse because now windows is not detecting any AMD drivers or display adapters or anything and i can't download the drivers because AMD software says no hardware detected in my system config. I'm kinda stuck now i don't know what to do, I think i clearly tampered with something that runs deeper than a fresh windows install will fix?

Specs-

inteli7 4790k-cpu stock 4ghz/noctua cooler

asrock z97e-itx/ac- motherboard UEFI is up to date 2.20 drivers up to date as well

8gb DDR3 patriot 1600 working and detected in UEFI

Powercolor Red Dragon vega 56 8gb GPU

Corsair SF600 PSU

Up-to-date Windows 10 home edition build info 18363.900

I have already tried switching to onboard graphics and back to pcie in the motherboard bios and unfortunately the fix is not that simple. I hope i provided enough context but if any more information is needed i will gladly do my best to provide it! I hope someone here can help me or point me in the right direction because this is a new issue for me and i've been trouble shooting for the better part of 2 days now with zero results.

:)

jayseearr, Jun 10, 2020

2. Windows system restore error: (0x800700b7) and previous errors: Windows 10 - Video_TDR_Failure and Video_DXVDXGKRNL_Fatal_Error

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the current status.

To assist you better, I would like to know, what is the system specification?

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to run system maintenance troubleshooter and check if this helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on view all and click on
      System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the System maintenance dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the System maintenance troubleshooter.
    If that does not helps, I suggest you to update the GPU driver by clicking on the below link and click in
    AUTO DETECT YOUR GPU. It will automatically detect the updated driver for GPU.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Check if this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 10, 2020
  3. GPU not detected

Hello,

I have been slowly rebuilding my old desktop. Some of the parts are old, but I have currently upgraded the RAM, mobo, CPU and hard drive. I would like to try and keep it where it is at instead of spending more money on it. I am experiencing an issue with
    detecting the graphics card. I have a monitor hooked up to the graphics card and, obviously, I can see what is going on. So I know that the GPU is being detected, but when I got to device manager, I cannot find the GPU anywhere. I have also typed in the
    command

into command prompt and it also says that the only video card I am using is the Windows Basic Display Adapter. I have checked online and the GPU is compatible with the motherboard so I know that isn't an issue. For reference the GPU is a GTX 560 Ti. I
    know it is a bit older, but I don't really need to update for the games I play. I just need it to work. Are there any other suggestions as to what I should do? I have listed my current build below.

Mobo: ASROCK x370 Gaming k4

RAM: EVGA DDR4 16GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x Six Core Processor

Again, any suggestions on how to solve this so my GPU is detected would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much and have a great day!

Moved from: [ Windows / Gaming on Windows 10 ]

ryankelly0117, Jun 10, 2020
  4. AlanPS Win User

GPU not detected by Windows after 1903 update

Hey there,

I got a message saying that 1803 won't be supported anymore so I updated against my own will because Windows wouldn't even let me postpone it.

After that, my GPU disappeared from Device Manager under "Display Devices". NVIDIA drivers won't detect it saying there's no GeForce hardware.

Laptop MSI GE72VR 7RF Apache Pro with GTX 1060 6GB.

Symptoms

+ GeForce Experience says "NVIDIA GeForce Experience requires an NVIDIA GPU".

+ Installing drivers manually didn't work either "this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".

+ GPU not listed under "Display Devices" on Device Manager.

What I've tried already

+ Rollback to previous Windows 10 version: my GPU is listed under "Display Devices" but only if I enable the "show hidden" feature. If I go to properties, it says that my GPU is not connected. I tried updating drivers from there but didn't work at all.

+ Disabling "Intel HD Graphics" device on Device Manager and connecting via HDMI to a TV, didn't recognize the GPU and didn't give any video image.

+ Restoring UEFI firmware settings to default from BIOS (there's no GPU option on BIOS).

+ Tried to restore Windows (there's a restore option in Control Panel) which would re-install it from zero without losing my data, but for some reason in the last steps it says is not possible and stops the process.

+ Neither old or new NVIDIA drivers, MSI drivers or even GeForce Experience would recognize my GPU so I can't install them.

-

Any ideas?

Thanks GPU not detected after system restore please help! :)

AlanPS, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

1. GPU not detected after system restore please help! - Similar Threads - GPU detected system

2. my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!: So the way this started was one morning i turned on my computer and the monitors were black so i plugged my monitors into my motherboard and now my gpu isnt being detected or used, when i open device manager then display adapters it shows "IntelR HD Graphics 530" and i have a...
  3. my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!: So the way this started was one morning i turned on my computer and the monitors were black so i plugged my monitors into my motherboard and now my gpu isnt being detected or used, when i open device manager then display adapters it shows "IntelR HD Graphics 530" and i have a...
  4. my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop is not booting after a failed system restore. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not booting after a failed system restore. Please help!: I tried doing a system restore, and it was stuck on finished for about an hour, so I force shut down my laptop. After that, I tried doing another system restore and this time it failed with an error. My laptop then attempted to restart itself but this time it couldn’t even...
  6. My laptop is not booting after a failed system restore. Please help!

My laptop is not booting after a failed system restore. Please help!: I tried doing a system restore, and it was stuck on finished for about an hour, so I force shut down my laptop. After that, I tried doing another system restore and this time it failed with an error. My laptop then attempted to restart itself but this time it couldn’t even...
  7. My laptop is not booting after a failed system restore. Please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Bluetooth not detecting devices after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not detecting devices after system restore: Running Windows 10, just did a full system restore and everything seems AWESOME...however - cannot connect anything Bluetooth to my pc - i.e. headsets or speakers.Troubleshooting done so far:- Bluetooth troubleshooter - no issues- removed drivers, updated drivers in device...
  9. Bluetooth not detecting devices after system restore

Bluetooth not detecting devices after system restore: Running Windows 10, just did a full system restore and everything seems AWESOME...however - cannot connect anything Bluetooth to my pc - i.e. headsets or speakers.Troubleshooting done so far:- Bluetooth troubleshooter - no issues- removed drivers, updated drivers in device...
  10. Bluetooth not detecting devices after system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware