Windows 10: GPU not detected correctly

Discus and support GPU not detected correctly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello guys, it's me again.I managed to fix my laptop so I could update my windows and it worked. But there's a problem, after a few times of tampering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zhaviz Motiee, Jan 15, 2022.

1. GPU not detected correctly

Hello guys, it's me again.I managed to fix my laptop so I could update my windows and it worked. But there's a problem, after a few times of tampering with the drivers, my Linked gpu AMD Radeon HD 8670M series got uninstalled by itself and I couldn't fix it. So I Googled it and found out that I have to install the drivers again. I did, but it's now an unknown device. Other devices I went through the drivers given by Microsoft itself, but there's only 8670D not 8670M. Idk what to do, I did install 8670D and it worked surprisingly, but it's definitely not for this laptop and I have issues wi

:)

Zhaviz Motiee, Jan 15, 2022

2. GPU not detected

Hello,

I have been slowly rebuilding my old desktop. Some of the parts are old, but I have currently upgraded the RAM, mobo, CPU and hard drive. I would like to try and keep it where it is at instead of spending more money on it. I am experiencing an issue with
    detecting the graphics card. I have a monitor hooked up to the graphics card and, obviously, I can see what is going on. So I know that the GPU is being detected, but when I got to device manager, I cannot find the GPU anywhere. I have also typed in the
    command

into command prompt and it also says that the only video card I am using is the Windows Basic Display Adapter. I have checked online and the GPU is compatible with the motherboard so I know that isn't an issue. For reference the GPU is a GTX 560 Ti. I
    know it is a bit older, but I don't really need to update for the games I play. I just need it to work. Are there any other suggestions as to what I should do? I have listed my current build below.

Mobo: ASROCK x370 Gaming k4

RAM: EVGA DDR4 16GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x Six Core Processor

Again, any suggestions on how to solve this so my GPU is detected would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much and have a great day!

Moved from: [ Windows / Gaming on Windows 10 ]

ryankelly0117, Jan 15, 2022
  3. GrapeJams Win User
    Unable to detect NVIDIA GPU after latest windows 10 update

I believe I am having the same issue. The solution that you suggested does not work as I am unable to uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager as my GPU is not being detected and is therefore not listed under Display Adapters.

I have an Nvidia GTX 765M as well as an Intel integrated graphics card. At the moment the machine is only recognizing the inferior Intel card. I booted into the BIOS and noticed that my discrete graphics card was listed as [NOT DETECTED].

This appears to be an issue for several other users and I am quite confident it is an error on the Microsoft side.

GrapeJams, Jan 15, 2022
  4. AlanPS Win User

GPU not detected correctly

GPU not detected by Windows after 1903 update

Hey there,

I got a message saying that 1803 won't be supported anymore so I updated against my own will because Windows wouldn't even let me postpone it.

After that, my GPU disappeared from Device Manager under "Display Devices". NVIDIA drivers won't detect it saying there's no GeForce hardware.

Laptop MSI GE72VR 7RF Apache Pro with GTX 1060 6GB.

Symptoms

+ GeForce Experience says "NVIDIA GeForce Experience requires an NVIDIA GPU".

+ Installing drivers manually didn't work either "this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".

+ GPU not listed under "Display Devices" on Device Manager.

What I've tried already

+ Rollback to previous Windows 10 version: my GPU is listed under "Display Devices" but only if I enable the "show hidden" feature. If I go to properties, it says that my GPU is not connected. I tried updating drivers from there but didn't work at all.

+ Disabling "Intel HD Graphics" device on Device Manager and connecting via HDMI to a TV, didn't recognize the GPU and didn't give any video image.

+ Restoring UEFI firmware settings to default from BIOS (there's no GPU option on BIOS).

+ Tried to restore Windows (there's a restore option in Control Panel) which would re-install it from zero without losing my data, but for some reason in the last steps it says is not possible and stops the process.

+ Neither old or new NVIDIA drivers, MSI drivers or even GeForce Experience would recognize my GPU so I can't install them.

-

Any ideas?

Thanks GPU not detected correctly :)

AlanPS, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

GPU not detected correctly

1. GPU not detected correctly - Similar Threads - GPU detected correctly

2. Nvidia GPU not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia GPU not detected: Hi, I'm Atabek,I've installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo ideapad L3 15IML05. And installed all drivers from Lenovo official site. I seems all drivers are installed correctly, but my Nvidia MX330 Video Card driver isn't. At first it showed as 3D Video Controller driver in the...
  3. Nvidia GPU not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia GPU not detected: Hi, I'm Atabek,I've installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo ideapad L3 15IML05. And installed all drivers from Lenovo official site. I seems all drivers are installed correctly, but my Nvidia MX330 Video Card driver isn't. At first it showed as 3D Video Controller driver in the...
  4. GPU not detected by Windows

GPU not detected by Windows: So, I reset my PC with the option clean wipe selected and after it finished reinstalling Windows 10, my AMD card is not showing up in the device manager, but the Intel one is. Steps I have tried:1. Used DDU to uninstall intel and amd drivers and installed drivers from my...
  5. GPU not detected by Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU not detected by Windows: So, I reset my PC with the option clean wipe selected and after it finished reinstalling Windows 10, my AMD card is not showing up in the device manager, but the Intel one is. Steps I have tried:1. Used DDU to uninstall intel and amd drivers and installed drivers from my...
  6. GPU not detected by Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. GPU not detected correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU not detected correctly: Hello guys, it's me again.I managed to fix my laptop so I could update my windows and it worked. But there's a problem, after a few times of tampering with the drivers, my Linked gpu AMD Radeon HD 8670M series got uninstalled by itself and I couldn't fix it. So I Googled it...
  8. GPU not detected correctly

GPU not detected correctly: Hello guys, it's me again.I managed to fix my laptop so I could update my windows and it worked. But there's a problem, after a few times of tampering with the drivers, my Linked gpu AMD Radeon HD 8670M series got uninstalled by itself and I couldn't fix it. So I Googled it...
  9. NVIDIA GPU not detected

NVIDIA GPU not detected: Hi everyone,I am desperate for help with a GPU problem. It may have been triggered by the recent windows 11 update, but i am unsure. Have since cleaned reset back to windows 10 which didn't fix the problem.Anyway, I have tried everything to get my laptop to recognise it has a...
  10. gpu not detected but is running

gpu not detected but is running: Ive honestly never encountered this before. Ive searched and tried many of the ways that are online everywhere that seemed to relate to my issue. Yesterday i was in the middle of a game when my screen blanked out and went black. When it didnt come back on right away i...