Windows 10: GPU or PSU problem? Computer screen turns black when gpu is under load but computer...

Discus and support GPU or PSU problem? Computer screen turns black when gpu is under load but computer... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just built a new computer and all the parts are new and not used. After I built it, it worked fine for a while until randomly when I was playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shellray04, Feb 15, 2021.

1. GPU or PSU problem? Computer screen turns black when gpu is under load but computer...

I just built a new computer and all the parts are new and not used. After I built it, it worked fine for a while until randomly when I was playing games, the monitor would go black to no signal and while the computer continued to run and I was still able to hear in-game sounds until a few seconds and the sound becomes a buzzing sound. I have to force shut it down using the power button on the computer to restart it. I realized that it occurs when the GPU is under load. When I am just browsing the internet with no heavy graphics, it is fine, but it has crashed twice when just watching youtube and when I play most games. After I built my PC, I was able to play Genshin Impact for maybe 5 hours and nothing was wrong. Then after maybe a week I started playing Valorant and it started to crash. Now it crashes with anything related to graphics, even if the load is light. I've tried doing a GPU stress test with Unigine Heaven and it crashed within 2 minutes of that. I used MSI Afterburner to monitor what was happening and within less than 2 minutes, the GPU would go from 30ish degrees to 70 degrees and then it would crash. The GPU fans would still be spinning when the monitor turns black. Is this an overheating problem? i dont know. I tried to solve this problem many different ways. Here are the main ones that I have already done:

1. Reset Windows 10

2. Uninstalled old graphics drivers and installed new updated Graphics Drivers using DDU

3. Installing a 2019 Graphics Driver <- problem became worse with this driver

4. Resetting Bios Factory Setting

5. Disabled sound system

6. Installed latest Motherboard drivers

7. Did Windows Memory Diagnostic no problems found

8. Checked voltages of PSU when not under load and the 5V and 12V are within range

9. Tried to do benchmark testing with Unigine Heaven but it crashed during that because it is graphics intensive

10. Changed the HDMI cable for the PC to Monitor

11. did sfc/ scannow no problems found

12. Turned off AMD User Experience Program

I've done all this and problems still occur. Once the GPU start spinning, after one minute into any graphic game, it turns off monitor and pc still runs with gpu fans continuing to spin. Please help me, I haven't been able to use my computer to play games for a while. thank you.

Computer parts:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JgvXnL

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 570 8 GB Video Card

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

PSU: EVGA BR 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 2 x 8 GB

One of the minidump files from a while ago:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jez5iy32n8q0jkl/Crash2.zip?dl=0

:)

shellray04, Feb 15, 2021

2. Computer crashing during GPU load.

AMD RYZEN 5 2600X 3.6GHZ

32.0 GB DDR5 RAM

AMD radeon 5700

AMD 580X

MSI X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI MOTHERBOARD

THERMALTAKE SMART 700W ATX POWER SUPPLY

I have been dealing with my computer crashing when the GPU is under load. I have tried switching different GPUs to try and weed out whether or not the GPU is having problems, and it still crashes. I have tried reformatting all of my HD's and SSD's as well
    as run SFC commands and using the repair tool as well. I do not overclock my GPU or my CPU because it crashes less frequently when they are not overclocked. I have created the system report log and the critical error that i keep on getting is "Kernel Power
    41, category 63."

I am starting to wonder if my power supply isnt strong enough to handle either of the GPUs.

J-O-S-Hpogo, Feb 15, 2021
  3. AnD4D Win User
    GPU Problems since WIN10 update

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the PSU is more than enough for the GPU I'm using.

I installed SpeedFan as you suggested, but all is does is show me speeds and temperatures. It doesn't allow me to control anything. My Computer fans are controlled using a switch on the case, and are now set to high (usually only needed low speed). SpeedFan
    just shows the GPU as one single fan, rather than the dual fan setup it current has.

I added the GPU Tweaker 2 manually to the startup folder, and it load up now, turning on the fans. However, I'm still in the position where as soon as the GPU temperature hits around the 30 degree mark, one of the fan speeds maxes out. At this point, when
    I manually change the fan, I can hear the second fan speeding up or slowing down based on my changes, but fan 1 has a mind of its own.

AnD4D, Feb 15, 2021
  4. GPU or PSU problem? Computer screen turns black when gpu is under load but computer...

Overheating gpu connection cause to black screen.

Hello, i have problem of black screens. i have already made a topic about hot to fix the black screens. I found by my self what is the problem. My GPU connection is getting overheating fast. i tried to use msi afterburner to see what will happen if i will
    play a game and my result is that this is the temperature. underclocking the gpu won't help to cool down the gpu. its summer now and i live in a hot place. so this is a big problem. i added more fan that is aim on the gpu connection. its helping but not enough.
    what can i do to cool down the gpu connection?

GiulianoBasso, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

GPU or PSU problem? Computer screen turns black when gpu is under load but computer...

1. GPU or PSU problem? Computer screen turns black when gpu is under load but computer... - Similar Threads - GPU PSU problem

2. Computer issue, psu, gpu ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer issue, psu, gpu ??: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArWaN6TlYgR8hxNqUyBtTkGby5zW?e=t5p0yI these are the dump files leading to the crash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-issue-psu-gpu/4b037f23-c365-4bcf-a42a-e759c0931130
  3. Computer issue, psu, gpu ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer issue, psu, gpu ??: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArWaN6TlYgR8hxNqUyBtTkGby5zW?e=t5p0yI these are the dump files leading to the crash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-issue-psu-gpu/4b037f23-c365-4bcf-a42a-e759c0931130
  4. PC crashing when GPU put under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing when GPU put under load: Hiya, i have been having some issues with my pc for a while. Everytime i put the gpu under any sort of load it seems to crash and reboot back to desktop...I am really hoping it is not a hardware issue. I have tried a fresh install, but the issue persists,...Nvidia drivers and...
  5. Windows 11 crash to black screen when GPU under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crash to black screen when GPU under load: When my GPU is under load playing rocket league, so not huge load on my prebuilt desktop, sometimes the PC crashes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive, forcing a hard reboot. This occurs sometimes a minute or so after I quit the game and start doing something else....
  6. Windows 11 crash to black screen when GPU under load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 crash to black screen when GPU under load: When my GPU is under load playing rocket league, so not huge load on my prebuilt desktop, sometimes the PC crashes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive, forcing a hard reboot. This occurs sometimes a minute or so after I quit the game and start doing something else....
  7. Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU: Hello, I've been dealing with this issue for the last 2 months. My previous NVIDIA 3070 with 650w PSU had no issues. I installed a new NVIDIA 3080ti with EVGA 850w PSU. While gaming on 1 monitor and having my 2nd monitor on, after some time both screens will go black, I will...
  8. Computer crashing during GPU load.

Computer crashing during GPU load.: AMD RYZEN 5 2600X 3.6GHZ 32.0 GB DDR5 RAM AMD radeon 5700 AMD 580X MSI X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI MOTHERBOARD THERMALTAKE SMART 700W ATX POWER SUPPLY I have been dealing with my computer crashing when the GPU is under load. I have tried switching different GPUs to try and...
  9. GPU under load makes the screen disappear

GPU under load makes the screen disappear: Hello, When the GPU is under load (game or benchmark) and with the HDMI cable connect directly from it to the monitor it starts to freeze. On games, for example, the screen starts to blink and of a sudden go black (it blink sometimes with the game image, and black for long...
  10. PSU/GPU Power Problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PSU/GPU Power Problem: I originally had an asus R7 250x that stopped working with my PC and it would not boot/display. Pressing the power button would yield no result. It worked fine for 3+ months before giving me this problem. I had a friend with a 500w PSU and he let me have it. I installed it...