Windows 10: GPU over heating: How to test reducing it's frequency

Discus and support GPU over heating: How to test reducing it's frequency in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello I may have an over heating GPU that may cause my PC to froze. I don't really need a fast GPU, but I do need a reliable and stable PC. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by arjfca, Nov 18, 2016.

1. arjfca Win User

GPU over heating: How to test reducing it's frequency

Hello

I may have an over heating GPU that may cause my PC to froze. I don't really need a fast GPU, but I do need a reliable and stable PC.

My system has two cards: Ge force GT 630 and GeForce GTX 550 ti

Is reducing it's frequency may help to reduce the temperature?

Martin

:)

arjfca, Nov 18, 2016
  2. Jedi638 Win User

BSOD when running video card

Thank you, but I don't think heat is a problem. While I was running stress tests the GPU temperature never went over 65 Celsius and still crashed. I'm still just waiting on a driver update.

Jedi638, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Black Screen

Yes, i discovered the problem. the problem is the overheating of the GPU slot and i guess that it's causing to power cut. I tried adding one more fan.i am using "msi afterburner" to overclock/underclock and check the temperature and i using it to change
    the gpu fan speed.I just connected and directed a new fan to the heating point (GPU slot) , it's working...the temperature it's around 37-38 C but I think that maybe can be reduced more without a GPU underlock because I tried already and didn't work. . Any
    idea?

GiulianoBasso, Nov 18, 2016
  4. GPU over heating: How to test reducing it's frequency

Yes, but you also need to reduce the voltage as well and you will suffer performance lost from doing that. Normally, GPU will auto throttling itself when it pass the its max temperature operate.

RubberDucky, Nov 18, 2016
  5. arjfca Win User
    Hello RubberDucky

Thanks for the reply.

But How do I reduce the voltage and frequency? I never played with overclocking nor the downgrade process.

Martin

arjfca, Nov 19, 2016
  6. You might have to ask @Dude because he knows more about the tools that he used, and he is a member of overclocking club on this forum.

RubberDucky, Nov 20, 2016
  7. Dude Win User
    As far as core and mem freq, you can lower with MSI Afterburner. I would try that first before lowering voltage.

8. bobkn Win User

You may also be able to change the card's fan profile using Afterburner to increase cooling.

(The downside would be increased fan noise.)

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. GPU over heating: How to test reducing it's frequency - Similar Threads - GPU heating test

2. Why/how is spam frequency intolerable, now at over 30 a day?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why/how is spam frequency intolerable, now at over 30 a day?: My outlook account is overwhelmed with spam. It is now up to over 30 a day. This is the account I use with business and charities and I do not ever go to risky sites. Yet the spams have become intolerable. I block them, but they keep coming.....
  3. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  4. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  5. How to stop laptop from over heating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop laptop from over heating: Hi everyone my Laptop is overheating every time i play games on it even though i have a cooling pad under it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to stop this from happening...
  6. How to stop laptop from over heating

How to stop laptop from over heating: Hi everyone my Laptop is overheating every time i play games on it even though i have a cooling pad under it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to stop this from happening...
  7. My laptop keeps on over heating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keeps on over heating: whenever i play a game it just gets hot and the fan gets kind of loud and i wish i could stop this, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-over-heating/85d6acee-54d1-4b89-a748-3e674b640182
  8. Max Processor State in Power Management to reduce Laptop Heating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Max Processor State in Power Management to reduce Laptop Heating: I have a brand new HP Omen with Windows 10 coupled with an Intel Core i5 9300H and 8GB RAM. It is heating when I play CPU intensive games and when I check for suggestions in the Microsoft Community, I got to know that reducing the Max Processor State in the Advanced Power...
  9. Windows 10 PC's over heating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 PC's over heating: Hey guys, new to Windows 10 and also the forums site. So I'm a technology assistant at a high school. I've encountered some weird things using windows 10 other than what we used previously Windows 7. I preformed updating all of the Staffs computers to upgrade from Windows 7...
  10. FurMark - GPU Stress Test

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test: How to: FurMark - GPU Stress Test FurMark - GPU Stress Test [img] Information Furmark is an intensive OpenGL benchmark that uses fur rendering algorithms to measure the performance of the graphics card. BSOD analysts will recommend you use Furmark to test the...