Windows 10: GPU overheating when playing a video on Movies & TV

Discus and support GPU overheating when playing a video on Movies & TV in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I literally wanted to watch a video on the app and after 2 min. my PC shuts off. I thought it overheated. The next day i wanted to see what did that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by androgramthepcman, Feb 16, 2020.

1. GPU overheating when playing a video on Movies & TV

I literally wanted to watch a video on the app and after 2 min. my PC shuts off. I thought it overheated.

The next day i wanted to see what did that. So i opened MSI Afternurner and played a video on the app and saw the GPU temperature was going up fast until it shut off to prevent overheating.

When my PC is idle and running easy tasks the GPU temp. is 50 C. While playing something like games its somewhere around 60 C.

Also all my drivers are the latest versions

:)

androgramthepcman, Feb 16, 2020

2. Movies & TV

Please don't reset the app or do any those steps that the previous poster suggested, they're unnecessary and can cause other problems.

The first step to try is restoring your purchases from within the settings menu of the Movies & TV app.

Click the … then select Settings, select Restore my available video purchases.

Give it a few minutes to run, then go back to the Purchased tab and try playing the movie again.

airmattdog, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Movies and TV UWP app will not play security cam AVI

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to play AVI files using Movies & TV app. The Movies & TV app supports most of the video file formats including AVI. For more information, see

File formats supported by the Movies & TV app in Windows 10

However, it would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• What happens when you try to play AVI videos in Movies & TV app?
    • Do you receive an error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to download the
    MPEG-2 Video Extension
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 16, 2020
  4. GPU overheating when playing a video on Movies & TV

[BUG] Movies and TV app

Hi, I noticed a bug on the Movies & TV app after a recent update. This bug is pretty hard to notice so I didn't get any support. I checked it on two other PCs and found the same.
    Please follow the steps and give me feedback. Do you experience the bug.? A simple Y/N is enough.

• Open the Movies and TV app (also called Films and TV)
    • Open any video folder
    • Play the last video from the folder
    • [BUG] Can you see "Next video" button on the right side.?(Also no
      previous video button)
    • When you click on the next video button which video gets played. Is it the
      second video
      in the folder?

I J Sankar, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

GPU overheating when playing a video on Movies & TV

1. GPU overheating when playing a video on Movies & TV - Similar Threads - GPU overheating playing

2. How to play a video frame by frame in the default Movies & TV video player?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to play a video frame by frame in the default Movies & TV video player?: Is the only way to watch a video frame by frame to click "create photo from video" wait for it to load, then go through it frame by frame? There has to be an easier way right? submitted by /u/MerlinTheWhite [link] [comments]...
  3. Getting this error when I try to play videos in Movies & TV app & videos will not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting this error when I try to play videos in Movies & TV app & videos will not...: I can get my videos to play on other video players, but I need them to be working in the Movies & TV app because the software that I work with for video editing reads them from that app & now non of my project files can open the videos and I cannot do any of my work on my...
  4. Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App: Hi Without any reason, one day I realised I cannot play any videos in YouTube in any browser, Chrome or Edge . Pressing Play Button it seems playback wants to start but it stops immediately. I downloaded the video. The same behaviour for the Movies &TV App, the downloaded...
  5. Movies and TV Stopped Letting Me Play Mp4 Videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Movies and TV Stopped Letting Me Play Mp4 Videos: I have no clue why this started to happen. Before I was able to access any file I wanted but now I can not access mp4 videos. I read that it has to do with my codec but I didn't touch it. If someone could give a thorough explanation on how I can fix this issue that would be...
  6. Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10: Windows 10-Videos Movies & TV is set as my default app in settings. When I double click on a video, the video image loads OK, but when I hit the play button, nothing happens. However, when the same clip isopened with Windows Media Player, it plays fine. Question: If...
  7. No audio when playing HEVC videos using Windows Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio when playing HEVC videos using Windows Movies & TV: I own a laptop capable of decoding HEVC (i7-8550U, MX150) . I have HEVC Video Extensions from Microsoft store installed. Movies & TV is able to decode x265 images, but no audio. Does anyone know how to fix this (I know I can switch to VLC or other program, but I would love to...
  8. Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077: Hello, I recently updated Windows 10. After the update, it asked if I'd like to delete the old copy of Windows to free up drive space. I did that, now none of my video files, it doesn't matter if it's mp4 or not, will play for a half of second then give me error...
  9. No Color in Movies and TV while playing videos

No Color in Movies and TV while playing videos: Why no color in The app Movies and TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/no-color-in-movies-and-tv-while-playing-videos/e8321ded-81c1-4e47-982b-9618990b361d
  10. How to repeat a playlist to play videos via Movie&TV

How to repeat a playlist to play videos via Movie&TV: Do you guys how to repeat a playlist via Movie&TV to play some videos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/how-to-repeat-a-playlist-to-play-videos-via/96f463f9-3b1a-4b9c-a189-ad03dd8b7b60