Windows 10: GPU passthrough on Host WIndows 10

Discus and support GPU passthrough on Host WIndows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want GPU access in Virtual Machine Guest OS - Ubuntu. The Host OS is Windows 10 and GPU is Nvidia T400. Let me know the possible solutions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jitesh Chauhan1, Mar 21, 2023.

1. GPU passthrough on Host WIndows 10

I want GPU access in Virtual Machine Guest OS - Ubuntu. The Host OS is Windows 10 and GPU is Nvidia T400. Let me know the possible solutions

:)

Jitesh Chauhan1, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

NVIDIA enables GeForce GPU Passthrough for Windows Virtual Machines

Source: GeForce GPU Passthrough for Windows Virtual Machine (Beta) | NVIDIA

Brink, Mar 21, 2023
  3. GoldenX Win User
    Windows 10 Host -- Windows 10 Guest Hyper-V -- GPU not detected

As far as I know, any virtual machine is going to use software acceleration to render in the guest, in this case is the same generic driver Windows uses when no compatible one is found. Also, GPU-Z needs the support to display any information about the "adapter".
    The only way to use a GPU fully with all characteristics and performance, even installing the AMD or Nvidia driver on a guest is with PCI-Passthrough and IOMMU under a Linux host. I tested it, and works perfectly.

GoldenX, Mar 21, 2023
  4. jimbo45 Win User

GPU passthrough on Host WIndows 10

Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM)

Hi folks
    for those using Linux Hosts and want to try out a hypervisor (built in in typical Linux distros) where you can pass thru video / usb stuff to guests - Windows 10 runs fine -- just follow steps in this link

Running Windows 10 on Linux using KVM with VGA Passthrough s Blog

It certainly is a lot easier and more flexible than HYPER-V and it doesn't need Windows PRO to run - so any machine with a Linux distro -- go for it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

GPU passthrough on Host WIndows 10

1. GPU passthrough on Host WIndows 10 - Similar Threads - GPU passthrough Host

2. GPU passthrough on Host WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU passthrough on Host WIndows 10: I want GPU access in Virtual Machine Guest OS - Ubuntu. The Host OS is Windows 10 and GPU is Nvidia T400. Let me know the possible solutions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-passthrough-on-host-windows-10/6b818f8a-c81d-4e11-abdf-4b4454f99d8c
  3. GPU passthrough on Host WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU passthrough on Host WIndows 10: I want GPU access in Virtual Machine Guest OS - Ubuntu. The Host OS is Windows 10 and GPU is Nvidia T400. Let me know the possible solutions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-passthrough-on-host-windows-10/6b818f8a-c81d-4e11-abdf-4b4454f99d8c
  4. Using Laptop as a passthrough for internet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Laptop as a passthrough for internet: I am trying to get my laptop to be an intermediary with another device that cannot connect to wifi. I have an ethernet port on the laptop but no amount of messing around and searching is yielding me any answers. I know at the very least it is possible but when I look through...
  5. NVIDIA enables GeForce GPU Passthrough for Windows Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA enables GeForce GPU Passthrough for Windows Virtual Machines: NVIDIA has enabled GPU passthrough beta support for a Windows virtual machine on GeForce GPUs. What does this mean? With virtualization enabled, GeForce customers on a Linux host PC can now enable GeForce GPU passthrough on a virtual Windows guest OS. There are a few GeForce...
  6. Passthrough issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Passthrough issue: So I have a 4k Monitor but only way I can get audio is through hdmi, so I have my old(1080p) soundbar(arc) connected to the monitor and hdmi in to my pc. If Windows 10 resolution is 4k but soundbar is 1080p could that be the reason, I'm not able to get picture output. I will...
  7. Service host 100% GPU usage

Service host 100% GPU usage: Please help, my GPU is at 100% load on idle and it’s due to service host. I don’t know what to do. It’s an RTX 3080 so I can’t even imagine how it’s even possible for 100% load. Thank you submitted by /u/spencerIG [link] [comments]...
  8. Complaint: Worst service and Don't buy/upgrade to Windows 10 pro for using GPU passthrough...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Complaint: Worst service and Don't buy/upgrade to Windows 10 pro for using GPU passthrough...: Every one, Before purchasing Windows 10 pro for using Linux OS with NVIDIA GPU driver passthrough function in Hyper-V Manager for personal research on machine learning, I found out this function can be used in Windows 10 Pro before and there is no description or...
  9. Forcing 5.1 passthrough?

Forcing 5.1 passthrough?: Hi everyone, It is well documented across the internet's wide array of help forums that you'll generally have a hard time getting surround sound (looking for 5.1 output) if your setup is something along the lines of the following: PC ---hdmi---> TV ---toslink---> Reciever...
  10. USB Passthrough - RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Passthrough - RDP: I am trying to think of a way to have an iPhone hooked up to a remote computer with USB and have it show on my computer in file explorer. Is there a script I can write to have this done? I am able to do RDP, Teamviewer or even Windows Remote Assistance to connect to the...