Windows 10: GPU Performance in Task Manager

Discus and support GPU Performance in Task Manager in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; After installing the Fall Creators Update, I checked Task Manager to look on the Performance tab to see what it said about my NVIDIA GPU on my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by johnpd, Oct 19, 2017.

1. johnpd Win User

GPU Performance in Task Manager

After installing the Fall Creators Update, I checked Task Manager to look on the Performance tab to see what it said about my NVIDIA GPU on my laptop. That option is not showing up and I can find no way to enable it. Anyone have any idea?

JohnD

:)

johnpd, Oct 19, 2017

2. GPU graph is not seen in task manager

Hi Sree,

You can now view GPU performance in the Task Manager in Windows 10 if you have a dedicated GPU, the Task Manager will show you performance stats for both the integrated and dedicated GPU since you just mentioned that you've already upgraded your PC to the Fall
    Creators Update. But, since the GPU graph is not showing on your PC's Task Manager, there's a possibility that your computer wasn't meet requirements for GPU in the Task Manager. To know more about it, you may check this article:
    GPUs in the task manager

Let us know if you need further help.

Jenicel Dri, Oct 19, 2017
  3. carbonic Win User
    GPU graph in Task Manager's performance tab

I would like there to be a GPU graph in the task manager in the performance tab.

Anyone know why there isn't any?

Example:

GPU Performance in Task Manager [​IMG]

carbonic, Oct 19, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

That' stated just recently, which build are you on ?

CountMike, Oct 19, 2017
  5. sunberg Win User
    Same here, no info about gpu (older NVIDIA card) in task manager. I'm on build 16299.19, clean installation.

sunberg, Oct 19, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    Reapplying or updating GPU driver may help.

CountMike, Oct 19, 2017
  7. johnpd Win User
    Interesting. Mine is an old (about 7 years) Lenovo W510 laptop. It has the NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M video card. Don't know if older cards are not supported for this. When I did the upgrade, MS reinstalled the latest driver (dated 11/14/16, v21.21.13.4201)

JohnD

johnpd, Oct 19, 2017
  8. johnpd Win User

I found the answer. The video driver must support WDDM v2.0 or above. Mine only supports v1.2 even though the driver is less than a year old. Apparently the video card cannot support what is needed. You can check your WDDM version by running dxdiag.exe.

JohnD

johnpd, Oct 20, 2017
  9. KewlToyZ Win User
    I checked, I have an integrated NVidia GPU. The WDDM version is 2.3.
    I rarely see any activity on the NVidia GPU even if I force it as the Global GPU.
    Everything still goes through the Intel GPU by default.
    I guess I am trying to understand if there really is any value at all in hybridized GPU's like this?
    Is it a similar aspect like multi-core processors and threading?
    For example, if an application like AutoCAD is not a threaded app approach by design it will never utilize more than 1 core.
    So even if the GPU is supported by drivers and the OS, the applications will never utilize the hybrid GPU?

KewlToyZ, Nov 1, 2017
  10. johnpd Win User
    The primary idea behind the integrated Intel graphics chip is to save power usage, more important for laptops than desktops. Using the NVIDIA Control Panel, you can specify certain programs to use the NVIDIA GPU instead of the integrated Intel chip, but yes the integrated chip is the default graphics processor.

JohnD

johnpd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. GPU Performance in Task Manager - Similar Threads - GPU Performance Task

2. Task Manager Performance Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Performance Tab: Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 Retail OEM VersionQuestion is in Task Manager-> Performance I can see the temperature of my GPU...Why can't it show the temperature of my CPU?...
  3. Task Manager Performance Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Performance Tab: Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 Retail OEM VersionQuestion is in Task Manager-> Performance I can see the temperature of my GPU...Why can't it show the temperature of my CPU?...
  4. in task manager my GPU shows up in the Performance tab but not processes. help?

in Windows 10 Customization
    in task manager my GPU shows up in the Performance tab but not processes. help?: read title. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-task-manager-my-gpu-shows-up-in-the-performance/ad68243c-ac56-4dad-85c5-17eaf12fbe96
  5. Task Manager GPU Monitoring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager GPU Monitoring: My Integrated and Dedicated GPU not Show in Task Manager Performance Tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-gpu-monitoring/d74e199b-ba7d-4a94-a4f6-c86febd16a61
  6. Task Manager GPU Monitoring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager GPU Monitoring: My Integrated and Dedicated GPU not Show in Task Manager Performance Tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-gpu-monitoring/d74e199b-ba7d-4a94-a4f6-c86febd16a61
  7. GPU not show in tab Performance in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPU not show in tab Performance in Task Manager: [ATTACH] At tab Performance in Task Manager, I not found GPU performance. I checked driver of GPU in device manager, all are latest version. How to fix that? Thank you everyone for reading...
  8. How do i check GPU performance tab in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i check GPU performance tab in Task Manager?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Comboxer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hr8iek/how_do_i_check_gpu_performance_tab_in_task_manager/
  9. Task manager - GPU issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task manager - GPU issue: The GPU column in the task manager is showing abrupt information, like sometime it shows the correct value of the gpu usage of each process but sometimes it does not show anything. There is a noticeable duration till this problem is noticed so it cannot be ignored. I also...
  10. task manager performance tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager performance tab: I use Windows 10 1809 with latest update. my laptop asus x556ur core i3 with 4gb ram and 2 gb Nvidia gpu. my task manager performance tab is missing gpu process tab. no intel nor Nvidia . I have ran sfc scan ,tried every option of task manager . it was there before . I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Intel HD graphics card v21.21.13.4201

2. windows 1909 task manager gpu

3. Intel Wireless Bluetooth missing from task managers performance tab

4. CX unable to view gpu performance in the task manager