Windows 10: GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

Discus and support GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using a GTX 940MX but it crashes and gives a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing games. It worked before and I formatted my laptop multiple time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ali İlkerCAN, Mar 14, 2022.

1. GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

I'm using a GTX 940MX but it crashes and gives a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing games. It worked before and I formatted my laptop multiple time due to this. When it crashes I have to use safe mode to disable it but when I enable it again I get the same error. I did install the latest Nvidia drivers multiple times as well.

:)

Ali İlkerCAN, Mar 14, 2022

2. Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

Hey all,

I have had an issue for the last few months, specifically when trying to play Rocket League, where between 5-20 minutes into playing, both of my monitors will go black and my GPU fan will kick to 100%. I can't remember if this coincided with any NVIDIA driver updates, but any subsequent updates have not helped. I am currently running the latest NVIDIA driver version (441.66).

Here are some of the troubleshooting steps that I have taken for this:

• RAM
    • Ran Memtest64 overnight, ensuring that 100% RAM utilization. No errors were returned.
    • Reseated the RAM, blowing out the slots to ensure no blockages.
    • Tested different memory slots on the board.
    • Swapped out RAM with new RAM from Microcenter, no improvements.
    • RAM was originally OC'd to 3200 MHz via XMP. I turned this off and the RAM is running at stock speeds listed above.
    • BIOS
    • Updated BIOS to the latest version
    • Performed a Clean Boot and attempted to play. Game still crashed out within the first match or so.
    • GPU
    • Updated all drivers
    • Updated drivers, including a complete DDU uninstall/reinstall.
    • Swapped power cables from the PSU
    • Moved GPU to lower PCI-E slot
    • Reseated the GPU, blowing out the slot after reseating
    • Deleted the video driver from Control Panel
    • Storage
    • Ran chkdsk with no errors
    • Ran defragmentation on the HDD and Trim on the SSDs
    • Ran sfc /scannow with no issues
    • Game Files
    • Ran validator on game files (as a note here, after one crash, I ran the validator and it corrected one file. However, I played a game immediately after and crashed. Running the validator after that crash had no files fixed)
    • Installed the game on all three storage devices

I have attached the BSOD logs. Please assist!

bmduffy2020, Mar 14, 2022
  3. LêDũng1 Win User
    GPU usage drops randomly to 0% when gaming

My GPU usage drops randomly from 70-100% to 0-10% when im gaming. especially when playing FH4, creates severe lag spikes. Its really annoying. Anyone can help me?

LêDũng1, Mar 14, 2022
  4. Rceio Win User

GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

Windows 10 or GPU Crashing?

I've been having trouble lately with games randomly crashing. It's weird though how sometimes I can play for an hour without problems, then sometimes I'd play 15mins in and I'll crash. For example, in Overwatch, screen will just freeze
    but I can alt-tab easily, and open task manager to end it. When it freezes, sound still goes on like I'm still playing (I can hear footsteps of my character even if it freezes) then after how many seconds, I won't hear it anymore, with background music/effects
    still going. Same goes for Tekken 7, when it freezes, the music just goes on.

Never OC'd anything.

Checked my Event Viewer, and after crashing, sometimes there won't be error logs.

CPU: i5-7500

Mobo: GA-B250m-D3h

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 OC 8gb

Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 500gb as my boot drive, 1x SATA SSD and 1x HDD for storage.

Memory: 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance

GPU Driver: 18.9.3

I've tried everything I can see in google

- Reinstall drivers using DDU

- Install recommended driver by Adrenalin (18.5.1)

- chkdsk, dism commands, sfc /scannow stuff for Windows 10

- Reduced frequency (memory and gpu) of my card using Global WattMan

I can't seem to pinpoint what the problem is. All I can think about is it's a driver failure. Or I should change my GPU?

Attached here are error or info logs relating to the games, maybe someone knows what these mean.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sk_Pw_X9NGFlY9xALh_4hJkl2OLN5qgF

Rceio, Mar 14, 2022
Thema:

GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

1. GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers - Similar Threads - GPU randomly crashing

2. I have a problem related to my GPU my games crashes while playing saying update GPU driver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem related to my GPU my games crashes while playing saying update GPU driver...: I have recently upgraded a nvidia GeForce GTX 610 but after installing it my games crashes while gaming and benchmark saying update graphics card driver but my GPU is already up to date please help! What to do ?...
  3. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  4. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  5. GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers: I'm using a GTX 940MX but it crashes and gives a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing games. It worked before and I formatted my laptop multiple time due to this. When it crashes I have to use safe mode to disable it but when I enable it again I get the same error. I did...
  6. GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers: I'm using a GTX 940MX but it crashes and gives a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing games. It worked before and I formatted my laptop multiple time due to this. When it crashes I have to use safe mode to disable it but when I enable it again I get the same error. I did...
  7. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.: My GPU is crashing while playing games. Screens flicker after 10 seconds of Nvidia GPU comes to use and it just vanishes from the taskbar and task manager. After the restart, it comes back and the same thing happens when launching games.I had used DDU then also nothing...
  8. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.: My GPU is crashing while playing games. Screens flicker after 10 seconds of Nvidia GPU comes to use and it just vanishes from the taskbar and task manager. After the restart, it comes back and the same thing happens when launching games.I had used DDU then also nothing...
  9. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows crashing while playing games, reinstalled GPU drivers, no luck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashing while playing games, reinstalled GPU drivers, no luck: Hello, community. I have played several different garmes and after about 15-25m the games will crash, along with the entire system. Before I reinstalled the AMD Radeon GPU drivers, the BSOD went so quickly I could not get a code, but now the BSOD is still and stuck at 0%....