Windows 10: GPU say it has 20gb of memory but only uses 1gb?

Discus and support GPU say it has 20gb of memory but only uses 1gb? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why does my GPU show 20gb of memory but only use 1gb of it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NicholasHeineman, Jul 29, 2021.

1. GPU say it has 20gb of memory but only uses 1gb?

Why does my GPU show 20gb of memory but only use 1gb of it?

:)

NicholasHeineman, Jul 29, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 29, 2021
  3. N80 Hangs while using with 1GB memory card

Hi,

Do anybody facing problems while using the mobile(N80) with 1GB memory card. I have some problems like unit hangs while using with 1GB card. comments pls

sanju

sanju---01, Jul 29, 2021
  4. LA117 Win User

GPU say it has 20gb of memory but only uses 1gb?

How to get more dedicated GPU memory

How do i get more dedicated GPU memory for my second graphics card on windows 10 i have a nvidia geforce gtx 960m in task manager it says i have 8.9 gb for gpu memory but it says shared gpu memory 4.9 and dedicated GPU memory is 4.0 i can only use the
    4.0 and i want to know how to Dedicate more GPU memory.

LA117, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

GPU say it has 20gb of memory but only uses 1gb?

1. GPU say it has 20gb of memory but only uses 1gb? - Similar Threads - GPU has 20gb

2. Minecraft Not using more of NVIDIA GPU, only Intel GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft Not using more of NVIDIA GPU, only Intel GPU: Hey. I recently played minecraft once. And i was surprised by the fact that i was getting low fps.I set the right GPU for it, and in the f3 screen it shows NVIDIA GTX 1650 only. But when i saw task manager, i saw something else. It was using the intel GPU. the graphs for...
  3. only 20gb available on my 250Gb hard disk...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    only 20gb available on my 250Gb hard disk...: A 250Gb hard disk sure ain't much.However, when I deleted download files and always got back to having about 70 to 80Gb of free space. and now this doesn't exceed 30Gb...What's going on?Looking in to C:\ folder and right-clicking on the 'User' folder and clicking...
  4. Microsoft Store is saying I have 1GB of video memory instead of the 3 I have

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store is saying I have 1GB of video memory instead of the 3 I have: I'm trying to play flight simulator and it keeps giving me this error when I play... so i looked into microsoft store to find the problem, and it says this... and i looked at my Shared Video Memory and it says this... can you please help me?...
  5. to increase shared gpu memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    to increase shared gpu memory: I really want your help in this question rapidly laptop : dell inspiron 15 3576 win 10 pro cpu : i7-8550u ram : 8 gb 2nd gpu : amd radeon 520 my problem is that I am playing a gme requiring high...
  6. Shared Gpu Memory help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Shared Gpu Memory help: I have a intel i7700k and nvidia 1070 my issue it the intel graphics shared memory is 15 gb i use intel graphics for second montior but i have it set in bios to only use 256 mb but why is windows telling me there is 15 gb shared how can i reduce this. Running windows 10 1901...
  7. CompactGUI only compresses Dishonored 2 down to 40gb, not 20gb?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CompactGUI only compresses Dishonored 2 down to 40gb, not 20gb?: When looking at the results of compressing games online with CompactGUI, I saw that Dishonored 2 can apparently be compressed down to 20gb from 42gb (about 50% compression). But when I try to compress it down, it only compresses down to 40 GB. Is there something I'm missing?...
  8. Outlook Dedicated GPU memory

Outlook Dedicated GPU memory: Hello, Having some weird hangs issues while using 3dsmax and photoshop I start to look at Task Manager for cpu and gpu usage and found out that outlook is using a huge amount of gpu memory, I don't know if this is always been like this but I don't see how outlook would...
  9. Laptop using dock for external monitors only uses integrated GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop using dock for external monitors only uses integrated GPU: Hello! I am running a Razer Blade with a GTX 1060 6Gb GPU. I just got a new Dell Universal Dock D6000 that uses software called DisplayLink for my two external monitors. After setting the monitors up I wanted to run Diablo 3 and see how it looked with the new setup. The...
  10. Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory: i have an hp 15 note book with an AMD A8 processor and 4 gb of ram i have a graphics card of 2gb Radeon HD 8500 R5 series graphics cad. all my games and design based software have issues running because the dedicated graphics memory is only 512MB. who do in use the full 2 gb...