Windows 10: GPU say it has 20gb of memory but only uses 1gb?

Discus and support GPU say it has 20gb of memory but only uses 1gb? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why does my GPU show 20gb of memory but only use 1gb of it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NicholasHeineman, Jul 29, 2021.

1. GPU say it has 20gb of memory but only uses 1gb?

Why does my GPU show 20gb of memory but only use 1gb of it?

:)

NicholasHeineman, Jul 29, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 29, 2021
  3. N80 Hangs while using with 1GB memory card

Hi,

Do anybody facing problems while using the mobile(N80) with 1GB memory card. I have some problems like unit hangs while using with 1GB card. comments pls

sanju

sanju---01, Jul 29, 2021
  4. LA117 Win User

GPU say it has 20gb of memory but only uses 1gb?

How to get more dedicated GPU memory

How do i get more dedicated GPU memory for my second graphics card on windows 10 i have a nvidia geforce gtx 960m in task manager it says i have 8.9 gb for gpu memory but it says shared gpu memory 4.9 and dedicated GPU memory is 4.0 i can only use the
    4.0 and i want to know how to Dedicate more GPU memory.

LA117, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

GPU say it has 20gb of memory but only uses 1gb?

1. GPU say it has 20gb of memory but only uses 1gb? - Similar Threads - GPU has 20gb

2. Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should: Hello,I have an RTX A2000 gpu, which I know comes with 6 GB of memory.However, when I look at task manager, it shows that it only has 5.5 GB of memory.I'm not sure what caused this, but I do know that it used to say 6 GB one or two days ago. Could it be because of a recent...
  3. Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should: Hello,I have an RTX A2000 gpu, which I know comes with 6 GB of memory.However, when I look at task manager, it shows that it only has 5.5 GB of memory.I'm not sure what caused this, but I do know that it used to say 6 GB one or two days ago. Could it be because of a recent...
  4. Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cloned SSD has 20GB missing

Cloned SSD has 20GB missing: Hi all, I came across this link when I realized my cloned SSD is smaller than the original:https://www.crucial.com/support/articles-faq-ssd/why-is-ssd-capacity-smaller-after-cloningHowever different from the link, I cant spot the missing 20GB in any 'visible' recovery...
  6. Cloned SSD has 20GB missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned SSD has 20GB missing: Hi all, I came across this link when I realized my cloned SSD is smaller than the original:https://www.crucial.com/support/articles-faq-ssd/why-is-ssd-capacity-smaller-after-cloningHowever different from the link, I cant spot the missing 20GB in any 'visible' recovery...
  7. Cloned SSD has 20GB missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?: Is it possible?Here is my Gpu intergrated:In task manager:I need help with this because my laptop is trash and my parents aren't willing to buy me a better one : My dad claims that my laptop is powerful even though it's a low-end laptop.Are there any solutions?Thanks to...
  9. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?: Is it possible?Here is my Gpu intergrated:In task manager:I need help with this because my laptop is trash and my parents aren't willing to buy me a better one : My dad claims that my laptop is powerful even though it's a low-end laptop.Are there any solutions?Thanks to...
  10. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Customization