Windows 10: GPU Shutting down, like resist to windows, it's happend everytime when I updating the GPU...

Discus and support GPU Shutting down, like resist to windows, it's happend everytime when I updating the GPU... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using - i3 4170- AMD Radeon RX 580 2048SP NEW- Motherboard Asrock B85 Pro4 DDR 3- PSU Player 700 Watt Bronze NEW- RAM HYPERX Fury ddr3 NEWis there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vicky Frenov, May 25, 2024.

1. GPU Shutting down, like resist to windows, it's happend everytime when I updating the GPU...

I'm using - i3 4170- AMD Radeon RX 580 2048SP NEW- Motherboard Asrock B85 Pro4 DDR 3- PSU Player 700 Watt Bronze NEW- RAM HYPERX Fury ddr3 NEWis there any explaination why GPU keep pushing off while i'm openin Windows or updating driver? I'm trying to browsing around, but i didn't find anything.

:)

Vicky Frenov, May 25, 2024
  2. JJanne Win User

GPU crash

Edit: I'm going to leave this up here incase anyone else runs into similar problems.

So I set my GPU's power target to 50% and my game didn't crash right after getting in to the main menu anymore.

I then proceeded to gradually raise the power target and once I reached around 90% it started getting unstable again.

Fairly sure it's a PSU problem since I've exhausted every other possibility at this point.

I think I only have 50% of the things listed of what I've tried here.

Insufficient power can lead to instability, causing graphics driver crashes. You might experience a black screen, a frozen display, or the operating system notifying you that the graphics driver has stopped responding.

This explains why I sometimes had BSOD's and sometimes not:

Other than the CPU, the computer's graphics card is the most power-hungry component in the system. The GPU is a likely target to show the earliest symptoms of being underpowered. When a graphics card is underpowered it will drop the performance levels and display graphics at a lower quality. The graphics downgrade will usually trigger if you run a graphics-heavy game or application that pushes the card to its limits. Graphics settings drops are usually accompanied with an error message and often start when you add new hardware to the system or replace an old component with a more power-demanding one.

System instability can also cause driver errors and disable individual system devices. Additionally, if the computer isn't getting enough power the PSU may just give up and shut down the entire system. The forced shutdown is similar to the BSOD, but the power is so insufficient that the system immediately shuts down and is unable to even display an error message.

I recently updated some parts of my PC (Mobo, Processor, and RAM), and I've been experiencing crashes with various BSOD errors, such as Bad_system_config_info and Video_scheduler_internal_error.

Minidump file: My minidump.zip

1. Windows Fresh Install:
      • Initially, I performed a fresh install of Windows, and it seemed to work for a while. However, the Video_scheduler_internal_error resurfaced later on.
    2. BIOS Update:
      • I updated the BIOS to the latest version.
    3. GPU Driver Troubleshooting:
      • I used DDU multiple times to wipe GPU drivers and installed both the newest and previous versions.
    4. Registry Edits:
      • Attempted registry edits to address potential software-related problems.
    5. Nvidia 3D Settings:
      • Adjusted Nvidia's 3D settings to "Prefer maximum performance" based on suggestions from others.
    6. SFC /scannow:
      • SFC /scannow detected and fixed corrupted files on both Windows installations. (Clean scans now)
    7. Windows Update Issues:
      • Encountered problems where Windows couldn't update everything, but this issue has been resolved.
    8. System stability:
    • My system is stable during CPU and GPU stress tests, with good temperatures. No crashes occur during these stress tests.
    9. Gaming related issues:

• However, as soon as I launch a game, crashes happen. Sometimes, the screen freezes, and after a few seconds, I can ALT + TAB to close the game and continue normally.
    10. Event Viewer Info:

• Event Viewer reports "\Device\Video5 Error occurred on GPUID: 600," and "nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." Occasionally, this doesn't recover, leading to a BSOD with the Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error.

(Possible Edits)

Something else that I can remember I tried:

• Reseated the GPU and cleaned the slot.
    • CHKDSK
    • Memtest86+ overnight

Everything was working fine prior to changing the parts.

Current Specs:

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
    • Motherboard: ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
    • GPU: ROG STRIX 1080 Ti 11GB
    • RAM: Kingston FURY Renegade DDR4 3600 Mhz CL16 (32 GB - 2x16 GB)
    • Storage: Kingston HyperX Fury 248 GB / Barracuda 2 TB
    • PSU: Corsair PSU VS650 650 W
    • Windows 10 Pro
    Previous Specs:

• Processor: i7-7700k
    • Motherboard: MSI Z270 M7 Gaming
    • GPU: ROG STRIX 1080 Ti 11GB
    • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 (16 GB)
    • Storage: Kingston HyperX Fury 248 GB / Barracuda 2 TB
    • PSU: Corsair VS650 650 W
    • Windows 10 Pro

Any ideas or help is appreciated!

JJanne, May 25, 2024
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    GPU

Hi Michael

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Display Adapters section

You should see your GPU listed, along with possibly an integrated graphics option

If that is no listed there:

Boot into BIOS (start your system, then on the manufacturers screen, repeatedly press the appropriate key (usually F2) to enter BIOS

Under System Information, you should find your GPU listed

If you still cannot find the GPU listing, what is the Make and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . ..

DaveM121, May 25, 2024
  4. axe0 Win User

GPU Shutting down, like resist to windows, it's happend everytime when I updating the GPU...

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

Thema:

GPU Shutting down, like resist to windows, it's happend everytime when I updating the GPU...

1. GPU Shutting down, like resist to windows, it's happend everytime when I updating the GPU... - Similar Threads - GPU Shutting down

2. gpu usage spiking up and down on amd gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gpu usage spiking up and down on amd gpu: hi so im having this problem with my amg gpu usage spiking up to 85 to 90 percent usage and half of my dedicated gpu memory i tried to check which process was using it and it turns out that its being used by svchost.exe does someone know how to fix it . AND YES IHAVE TRIED TO...
  3. gpu usage spiking up and down on amd gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gpu usage spiking up and down on amd gpu: hi so im having this problem with my amg gpu usage spiking up to 85 to 90 percent usage and half of my dedicated gpu memory i tried to check which process was using it and it turns out that its being used by svchost.exe does someone know how to fix it . AND YES IHAVE TRIED TO...
  4. GPU Shutting down, like resist to windows, it's happend everytime when I updating the GPU...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Shutting down, like resist to windows, it's happend everytime when I updating the GPU...: I'm using - i3 4170- AMD Radeon RX 580 2048SP NEW- Motherboard Asrock B85 Pro4 DDR 3- PSU Player 700 Watt Bronze NEW- RAM HYPERX Fury ddr3 NEWis there any explaination why GPU keep pushing off while i'm openin Windows or updating driver? I'm trying to browsing around, but i...
  5. GPU stop working when I accidentally shut it down while GPU was updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU stop working when I accidentally shut it down while GPU was updating.: I was playing game it said you need to update your gpu driver. But while updating the correct version for my GPU then suddenly my PC shows black screen. After 5 minutes I thought it turned off so I turned off switch. But when I restart it, it stuck at windows logo screen and...
  6. GPU stop working when I accidentally shut it down while GPU was updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU stop working when I accidentally shut it down while GPU was updating.: I was playing game it said you need to update your gpu driver. But while updating the correct version for my GPU then suddenly my PC shows black screen. After 5 minutes I thought it turned off so I turned off switch. But when I restart it, it stuck at windows logo screen and...
  7. GPU stop working when I accidentally shut it down while GPU was updating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. monitors shut down, gpu fan spikes to 100% dwm.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitors shut down, gpu fan spikes to 100% dwm.exe: Hello, recently I've been getting an issue where my monitors randomly shut down, my gpu fans speed to 100% and the only thing that helps is a hard reset. This issue has been happening since windows updated the intel driver 05/03/2021: Intel - System - 2040.100.0.1029 Since...
  9. BSOD - System service Exception on shut down and GPU crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - System service Exception on shut down and GPU crashes: Title kind of tells everything I know. someone please take a look at my minidumps and MSinfo32 things and help me link to those minidumps and MSinfo32 stuff: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AihfHaHZ6gHshEjMjcoVRQKjmp8c?e=ewuAdM onedrive link...
  10. Strange acting of GPU when Windows forces update GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange acting of GPU when Windows forces update GPU drivers: Hi, I've got strange problem with windows automatic update of GPU drivers. Here it goes, when I am using default latest manufacturer drivers of AMD [HD7970], PC works perfectly, now when windows forces me to update his drivers of GPU, than everything goes bizarre. All of the...