Windows 10: GPU spikes and high energy usage

Discus and support GPU spikes and high energy usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so, it's been about 2-3 mounths that my pc started to register some high energy usage (like in the image below) and very frequent GPU spiking,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GuilhermeFinardi, Dec 3, 2019.

1. GPU spikes and high energy usage

Hi,

so, it's been about 2-3 mounths that my pc started to register some high energy usage (like in the image below) and very frequent GPU spiking, causing

software choking and one of them immediatly crashes (Blender 2.80). Spiking occurs when doing something minimally demandind.

My PC is new, it is less than 1 year old, it has already been dusted and it's configs are:

i7 8700 3.2 GHz, 24 GB RAM, B360 TUF Gaming, GPU Geforce GTX1080, 700W power supply (which supplies cpu, 25'' 60Hz IPS monitor, small tablet, mouse and keyboard).

I don't think i have install any important driver that would bug so much my pc. The energy usage register varies a lot! But normally goes 'high' and 'very high' mainly for Photoshop, Goggle Chrome and any 'bigger' software I'm using.

What could be that?

GPU spikes and high energy usage 279a5957-8a81-4036-9adb-29de529f0aaf?upload=true.png

:)

GuilhermeFinardi, Dec 3, 2019

2. Lag Spikes caused by CPU usage drops and GPU usage spikes after Windows 10 April update

Since the April 10th update for Windows 10, my laptop has been suffering from lag spikes that occur during simple tasks such as browsing the internet.

When looking at the task manager during these spikes, I can see that the CPU usage drops to around 10% while the GPU usage increases to close to 100%. I looked at what programs were using large portions of the GPU which turned out to be the 'Desktop window
    manager' and the 'Client server runtime process'.

I've seen that other people have had a similar problem with the recent update, but not much in the way of solutions as of yet. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Jason

JasonWilcock, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    GPU usage spiking with mouse movements.

Hi,

Conflicts with a third-party startup program is one of the possible reasons why you are having a high GPU usage when moving your mouse. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, you can try to run your computer in clean boot and check if you will still encounter the same issue. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. You can follow
    the steps in this
    link
    to run your computer in clean boot.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Dec 3, 2019
  4. GPU spikes and high energy usage

high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

GPU spikes and high energy usage

1. GPU spikes and high energy usage - Similar Threads - GPU spikes high

2. 100% GPU Usage Spikes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% GPU Usage Spikes on Windows 10: Hi there,around a week ago I decided to reinstall windows on my laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55, NVIDIA 1660ti GPU. I reinstalled all my drivers from the website of my manufacturer and all was well. I started noticing large lag spikes that lasted around 0.5 of a second to 1.5...
  3. audiodg.exe high GPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audiodg.exe high GPU usage: Hello y'all :So I recently stumbled across this issue while closing a task through the task manager.audiodg.exe is using a ton of GPU power and I don't think that this is normal. It jumps from as "low" as 5% to up to 50-60% GPU usage.Nothing helped to lower it and I found...
  4. audiodg.exe high GPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audiodg.exe high GPU usage: Hello y'all :So I recently stumbled across this issue while closing a task through the task manager.audiodg.exe is using a ton of GPU power and I don't think that this is normal. It jumps from as "low" as 5% to up to 50-60% GPU usage.Nothing helped to lower it and I found...
  5. audiodg.exe high GPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. High Integrated gpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Integrated gpu usage: So here is the deal. My friend recently bought a Asus tuf f15 with i5 10300H and GTX1650. So problem is that whenever he plays any game his igpu usage is around 60-70% which should have been 10-20% while his dedicated gpu is nearly 60% which should have been 99-100% but it is...
  7. High Integrated gpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Integrated gpu usage: So here is the deal. My friend recently bought a Asus tuf f15 with i5 10300H and GTX1650. So problem is that whenever he plays any game his igpu usage is around 60-70% which should have been 10-20% while his dedicated gpu is nearly 60% which should have been 99-100% but it is...
  8. csrss.axe high GPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    csrss.axe high GPU usage: Hi, my name is Nick and i have problems with csrss.axeclient server runtime process, it uses up to 30% of my GPU in games, when i move mouse cursor or scroll down in task manager. dwm.axedesktop windows manager works fine. Suddenly this problem appeared and disappeared...
  9. Random GPU usage spikes from ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random GPU usage spikes from ntoskrnl.exe: Hello everyone. When using my laptop for a long amount of time, it has suddenly become common for my GPU to have usage spikes. Upon closer inspection, these spikes come from the process "System" / "ntoskrnl.exe". Does anyone know a way to fix this? I have an Acer Nitro 5....
  10. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe causing GPU Usage Spike

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    StartMenuExperienceHost.exe causing GPU Usage Spike: Okay so as the title says I have a problem. It would be a completely unnoticeable issue had I not been a gamer. The problem is my GPU is getting a usage spike and through Process Explorer I have tracked the spike down to StartMenuExperienceHost.exe. When my GPU spikes this is...