Windows 10: GPU spikes and high energy usage

Discus and support GPU spikes and high energy usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so, it's been about 2-3 mounths that my pc started to register some high energy usage (like in the image below) and very frequent GPU spiking,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GuilhermeFinardi, Dec 3, 2019.

1. GPU spikes and high energy usage

Hi,

so, it's been about 2-3 mounths that my pc started to register some high energy usage (like in the image below) and very frequent GPU spiking, causing

software choking and one of them immediatly crashes (Blender 2.80). Spiking occurs when doing something minimally demandind.

My PC is new, it is less than 1 year old, it has already been dusted and it's configs are:

i7 8700 3.2 GHz, 24 GB RAM, B360 TUF Gaming, GPU Geforce GTX1080, 700W power supply (which supplies cpu, 25'' 60Hz IPS monitor, small tablet, mouse and keyboard).

I don't think i have install any important driver that would bug so much my pc. The energy usage register varies a lot! But normally goes 'high' and 'very high' mainly for Photoshop, Goggle Chrome and any 'bigger' software I'm using.

What could be that?

GPU spikes and high energy usage 279a5957-8a81-4036-9adb-29de529f0aaf?upload=true.png

:)

GuilhermeFinardi, Dec 3, 2019

2. Lag Spikes caused by CPU usage drops and GPU usage spikes after Windows 10 April update

Since the April 10th update for Windows 10, my laptop has been suffering from lag spikes that occur during simple tasks such as browsing the internet.

When looking at the task manager during these spikes, I can see that the CPU usage drops to around 10% while the GPU usage increases to close to 100%. I looked at what programs were using large portions of the GPU which turned out to be the 'Desktop window
    manager' and the 'Client server runtime process'.

I've seen that other people have had a similar problem with the recent update, but not much in the way of solutions as of yet. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Jason

JasonWilcock, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    GPU usage spiking with mouse movements.

Hi,

Conflicts with a third-party startup program is one of the possible reasons why you are having a high GPU usage when moving your mouse. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, you can try to run your computer in clean boot and check if you will still encounter the same issue. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. You can follow
    the steps in this
    link
    to run your computer in clean boot.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Dec 3, 2019
  4. GPU spikes and high energy usage

high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

GPU spikes and high energy usage

1. GPU spikes and high energy usage - Similar Threads - GPU spikes high

2. Desktop Windows Manager High GPU Usage (3D)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Windows Manager High GPU Usage (3D): I started having this issue about 2 weeks ago after I installed a video game. While watching videos, playing games, or having any sort of movement on screen would cause the Desktop Windows Manager GPU usage to jump to about ~35-40% usage on the 3D engine, in my case, on BOTH...
  3. High GPU usage causing audio to cuts off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High GPU usage causing audio to cuts off: First sorry if I post in the wrong section, since it's either graphic card or sound card. The problem as title says, whenever GPU usage hits high usage (90-100%) when playing games it will cut off the audio. I took some video of it from witcher 3 gameplay with vsync off =>...
  4. Random High Ping Spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random High Ping Spikes: Internet, This is my first post ever, so no judge haha. Anyways, I've been having quite large ping spikes from 100-999+. It makes all online games pretty much unplayable, I'm not quite sure what the issue is after looking at 10+ different website, nothing seems to work. I've...
  5. High GPU usage by "csrss.exe" and "dwm.exe" even when idle.

High GPU usage by "csrss.exe" and "dwm.exe" even when idle.: Hi, I have been having this problem for a very long time. I have searched on the web and many people seem to have had the same problem, but no definitive solution posted anywhere. So I open the case again: My problem is, windows processes Client Server Runtime Process...
  6. Desktop Window Manager & Client Server Runtime HIGH Random GPU Spikes!

Desktop Window Manager & Client Server Runtime HIGH Random GPU Spikes!: Hello everyone, This is my first post on any kind of tech-support forum. Usually, 99% of the time i find a solution online, reading other threads, etc - but not for this issue. As the title clearly states, I am experiencing high (really high) GPU spikes from desktop window...
  7. Random spikes of high disk usage even with low mb/s

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random spikes of high disk usage even with low mb/s: I've recently started having some problems with my computer and have noticed that I've been getting regular spikes of high disk usage even with a low Mb\s. Seems to happen at random times and happens every time I open programs. My Computer: ASUS CM6870 with a GTX 1060 6GB...
  8. Random spikes of high disk usage even with low mb/s

in Windows 10 Support
    Random spikes of high disk usage even with low mb/s: I've recently started having some problems with my computer and have noticed that I've been getting regular spikes of high disk usage even with a low Mb\s. Seems to happen at random times and happens every time I open programs. My Computer: ASUS CM6870 with a GTX 1060 6GB...
  9. DWM.EXE and CSRSS.exe causing high GPU usage...

DWM.EXE and CSRSS.exe causing high GPU usage...: My computer is having an issue with DWM.exe and CSRSS.exe. When gaming, they bring GPU 0 (integrated Intel Graphics) to 100%, bottle-necking my GPU 1 (Nvidia 1050 mobile) causing excessive lag and a lot of heat. It comes in waves it seems, 10 min into gaming it starts, then...
  10. csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings: Today a problem started randomly. My desktop is stuttering, Youtube, anything. But when i disable AMD Radeon display on Device Manager, it stopps the stuttering, i already tried to reinstall graphic drivers, but any version i install, keeps the stutterings. So the only option...