Windows 10: GPU Spikes while playing a Video

Discus and support GPU Spikes while playing a Video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having these GPU Spkies since some weeks, this started to happen when i updated to Windows 10 v1909 on the v1903 this didnt happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zainbfaisal, Dec 19, 2019.

1. GPU Spikes while playing a Video

Hello,

I've been having these GPU Spkies since some weeks, this started to happen when i updated to Windows 10 v1909 on the v1903 this didnt happened but it started to happen after some days i installed v1909 it mainly happens if i have a video playing the gpu just spikes here and there i tried downgrading to 1903 but it didnt work i also tried updating my bios and drivers but still no results i also installed multiple times the v1909 and formatted all my drives it even happens on the vlc playing a video. i have hardware accel disabled in chrome.

This also happens when i switch from my RX 580 to the Intel HD Graphics the spikes are still there.

my system specs are:

i5 4430

RX 580

8GB DDR3 RAM

GPU Spikes while playing a Video fcd3ade4-1c02-4f08-bd54-76cca112cce1?upload=true.png

GPU Spikes while playing a Video 35455a84-8b0f-474e-8517-9c55d44af687?upload=true.png

:)

Zainbfaisal, Dec 19, 2019

2. Client Server Runtime Process GPU spikes

Hello,

I've been having these GPU Spkies since some weeks, this started to happen when i updated to Windows 10 v1909 on the v1903 this didnt happened but it started to happen after some days i installed v1909 it mainly happens if i have a video playing the gpu
    just spikes here and there i tried downgrading to 1903 but it didnt work i also tried updating my bios and drivers but still no results i also installed multiple times the v1909 and formatted all my drives it even happens on the vlc playing a video. i have
    hardware accel disabled in chrome.

my system specs are:

i5 4430

RX 580

8GB DDR3 RAM

3. Client Server Runtime Process GPU spikes

this also happens when im playing a video on vlc media player even malwarebytes as you can see but the temps are normal. i can see the gpu clocks spiking
    GPU Spikes while playing a Video c9864ac9-2e3b-4aea-a7cb-7223f7442612?upload=true.png

4. Amit_Sun Win User

GPU Spikes while playing a Video

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

GPU Spikes while playing a Video

1. GPU Spikes while playing a Video - Similar Threads - GPU Spikes while

2. LAG spikes while playing videogames

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAG spikes while playing videogames: My internet starts to really lag randomly whenever I play videogames. My discord is fine, it doesn't seem to be affected by it, only the videogames i'm playing. Even if I stream, nothing happens to the stream, only the videogame lags. It happens constantly, random lag spikes...
  3. LAG spikes while playing videogames

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAG spikes while playing videogames: My internet starts to really lag randomly whenever I play videogames. My discord is fine, it doesn't seem to be affected by it, only the videogames i'm playing. Even if I stream, nothing happens to the stream, only the videogame lags. It happens constantly, random lag spikes...
  4. C drive usage spikes to 100% while playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive usage spikes to 100% while playing video games: I've been having this issue for a little while where I will launch any game on my computer and anywhere within 10 seconds to 5 minutes my c dive usage will spike to 100% and my PC will subsequently crash. Oddly, none of my games are installed on my c drive, it is exclusively...
  5. C drive usage spikes to 100% while playing video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive usage spikes to 100% while playing video games: I've been having this issue for a little while where I will launch any game on my computer and anywhere within 10 seconds to 5 minutes my c dive usage will spike to 100% and my PC will subsequently crash. Oddly, none of my games are installed on my c drive, it is exclusively...
  6. C drive usage spikes to 100% while playing video games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. ping spikes only while playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ping spikes only while playing: Since some months I have ping spikes on every game I play and also on zoom call. I didn t have them before i already updated my drivers, reset my computer, my modem and my router. I use wi-fi. It works well on the other device like my phone and my other pc. I don't really...
  8. Lag spikes while playing online games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lag spikes while playing online games: Over the last year or so I have been getting periodic spikes of lag where I am unable to move or control my character in game. I have run multiple ping tests and hardware usage tests and there is no correlation between a high ping and these spikes, or high hardware usage and...
  9. GPU spike while on AC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPU spike while on AC: Hello everyone, from the past few months I have been facing this problem on my Dell Laptop having Intel UHD 620 GPU. Whenever I have my laptop plugged into AC and I perform any GPU intensive task like gaming or playing video using madVR, the GPU spikes up to 100% for complete...
  10. CPU/GPU spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU/GPU spikes while gaming: Hello, I'm having issues playing games now due to this CPU/GPU max usage spiking while playing and it causes a lag spike.. it happens like every few seconds and it's driving me up the wall.. really not for sure where else to go with this issue.. it happens in nearly every...