Windows 10: GPU stop working after video_trd_failure

Discus and support GPU stop working after video_trd_failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop got video_trd_failure and after restart, the nvida gpu (the intel card still working) stop working with "Windows has stopped this device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeonHx, Nov 8, 2018.

1. LeonHx Win User

GPU stop working after video_trd_failure

My laptop got video_trd_failure and after restart, the nvida gpu (the intel card still working) stop working with "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I tried update driver, roll back to old version, uninstall and reinstall the newest version..etc but non of them worked out.

Any idea how to fix this?

:)

LeonHx, Nov 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 8, 2018
  3. axe0 Win User
    B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

axe0, Nov 8, 2018
  4. GPU stop working after video_trd_failure

Windows update made my GPU stop working.

A discrepancy with the compatibility of the graphics card driver and the Windows 10 update might have resulted to a GPU issue. To resolve this, kindly roll back the
    graphics card drivers to the previous version. You may follow the steps provided below.

• Open Device Manager. Right-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click the Drivers tab.
    • Click Roll Back Driver.
    • In the Driver Package rollback dialog box, click Yes.

Check if the issue persists.

Get back to us should you need help.

Vanessa Oca, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

GPU stop working after video_trd_failure

1. GPU stop working after video_trd_failure - Similar Threads - GPU stop working

2. Why has my GPU stopped working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my GPU stopped working?: Hello. Recently I made an upgrade to my CPU. I upgraded from an Intel Core i3-9100F to an Intel Core i5-9600K. After removing the old CPU and installing the new one I cleaned up the rest of my PC with some air and replugged in all my cables and wires. After passing the boot...
  3. Why has my GPU stopped working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my GPU stopped working?: Hello. Recently I made an upgrade to my CPU. I upgraded from an Intel Core i3-9100F to an Intel Core i5-9600K. After removing the old CPU and installing the new one I cleaned up the rest of my PC with some air and replugged in all my cables and wires. After passing the boot...
  4. GPU stopped working after Windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU stopped working after Windows 11 22H2 update: I've just updated my Windows 11 to 22H2 version. After that my GPU Nvidia GeForce MX330 stopped working. Windows stopped showing GPU performance in the Task manager. Firstly it was shown in the device manager but hiddenly. Then I wanted to reinstall it and uninstalled the...
  5. GPU stopped working after Windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU stopped working after Windows 11 22H2 update: I've just updated my Windows 11 to 22H2 version. After that my GPU Nvidia GeForce MX330 stopped working. Windows stopped showing GPU performance in the Task manager. Firstly it was shown in the device manager but hiddenly. Then I wanted to reinstall it and uninstalled the...
  6. GPU has suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU has suddenly stopped working: This morning I just normally booted my pc without any problem, opened Teams to do some work but then I got BSOD which resulted in BSOD loop. I have managed to fully format my c drive and perform a new clean install of windows. But when I went to install Nvidia drivers I got...
  7. Hdmi and brightness control stopped working after gpu scheduling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hdmi and brightness control stopped working after gpu scheduling: I enabled GPU scheduling under display in settings. Now my hdmi has stopped working and the brightness controls are also not working. I am unable to change the brightness, I have tried searching for the setting but it's not under any menu. I have tried turning gpu...
  8. After the power up of the computer, GPU stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After the power up of the computer, GPU stops working: At First i didn't know what happend but now i know,i saw that when windows comes up GPU works, after it is up, it stops working. also i looked at the motherboard when i powered up my computer i saw that it was on something like 100 fps there and then it said A2 and after i...
  9. GPU stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU stop working: I encountered a video_trd_failure so decided to restart . But after restarting I received an error message Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43), and the nvida GPU stop working though the Intel card still working. I did a lot of...
  10. Remote Desktop stopped working properly after changing GPU

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop stopped working properly after changing GPU: Hi guys. I have a strange issue that i couldnt solve by searching the web: after installing a replacement GPU, RDP now only connects to the home server when i have "use all my monitors" enabled. If i have it unticked the session will try to open on my second monitor -...