Windows 10: GPU temps

Discus and support GPU temps in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have two identical computers, one is used by me and one is used by my brother. they're in the exact same condition and everything works identically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by john452, Dec 4, 2019.

1. john452 Win User

GPU temps

I have two identical computers, one is used by me and one is used by my brother. they're in the exact same condition and everything works identically except from the gpu. my gpu runs at ~20 degrees higher than my brothers when under load, why is this? they're don't have dust on them and i even recently put new thermal paste on mine to see if that would reduce the temps, but it hasn't. i've monitored the fans too and they seem to be working fine. what could be the problem?

john452, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

GPU temps

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

GPU temps

1. GPU temps - Similar Threads - GPU temps

2. My pc keeps making a random audio noise. The gpu and cpu temps are fine and I just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps making a random audio noise. The gpu and cpu temps are fine and I just...: My pc keeps making a random audio noise. The gpu and cpu temps are fine and I just installed a new aio for my cpu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-making-a-random-audio-noise-the-gpu/771037ed-87f5-4651-a10d-8e084af436a4
  3. My pc keeps making a random audio noise. The gpu and cpu temps are fine and I just...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc keeps making a random audio noise. The gpu and cpu temps are fine and I just...: My pc keeps making a random audio noise. The gpu and cpu temps are fine and I just installed a new aio for my cpu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-making-a-random-audio-noise-the-gpu/771037ed-87f5-4651-a10d-8e084af436a4
  4. Windows 10 home installation stuck in temp user after installing a GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home installation stuck in temp user after installing a GPU: So two or so days ago I installed a new GPU in my system and windows 10 has locked me out as a temp user for some unknown reason. I only have one user on my system. Is there any way to fix this issue? Windows RE is also broken. As in it won’t let me perform any actions that...
  5. Windows 10 home installation stuck in temp user after installing a GPU

Windows 10 home installation stuck in temp user after installing a GPU: So two or so days ago I installed a new GPU in my system and windows 10 has locked me out as a temp user for some unknown reason. I only have one user on my system. Is there any way to fix this issue? Windows RE is also broken. As in it won’t let me perform any actions that...
  6. Windows 10 home installation stuck in temp user after installing a GPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Minor stuttering/freeze when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minor stuttering/freeze when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not...: This has been a consistent issue for me for months now and I haven't found a single fix yet, so I'm hoping I can find a solution or at least what is causing it here. It's a relatively new laptop so I'm desperate looking for help.. My Laptop Specs:-Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3...
  8. Minor stuttering/freeze when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not...

Minor stuttering/freeze when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not...: This has been a consistent issue for me for months now and I haven't found a single fix yet, so I'm hoping I can find a solution or at least what is causing it here. It's a relatively new laptop so I'm desperate looking for help.. My Laptop Specs:-Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3...
  9. Minor stuttering when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not showing in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minor stuttering when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not showing in...: This has been a consistent issue for me for months now and I haven't found a single fix yet, so I'm hoping I can find a solution or at least what is causing it here. It's a relatively new laptop so I'm desperate looking for help.. My Laptop Specs:-Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3...
  10. Minor stuttering when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not showing in...

Minor stuttering when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not showing in...: This has been a consistent issue for me for months now and I haven't found a single fix yet, so I'm hoping I can find a solution or at least what is causing it here. It's a relatively new laptop so I'm desperate looking for help.. My Laptop Specs:-Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my gpu condition