Windows 10: Gpu turns off when my computer is bumped

Discus and support Gpu turns off when my computer is bumped in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I got my gpu a while ago and now I have had to switch to a worse gpu. The gpu Im trying to fix is a gtx 970 I have tried it on different systems to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Timroin, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Timroin Win User

Gpu turns off when my computer is bumped

I got my gpu a while ago and now I have had to switch to a worse gpu. The gpu Im trying to fix is a gtx 970 I have tried it on different systems to see if it is the system or the gpu. It is the gpu and when ever I bump it or tap my pc slightly the gpu turns off and I get the usb unplug sound. I have re pasted the graphic card too see if it a heat issue and I have bought new thermal pads that will be coming soon. Sometimes it does boot at all also. any help is appreciated.

Timroin, Jan 1, 2022
  2. JaYp146 Win User

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Jan 1, 2022
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Gpu turns off when my computer is bumped :p

cadaveca, Jan 1, 2022
  4. Gpu turns off when my computer is bumped

WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 1, 2022
Thema:

Gpu turns off when my computer is bumped

1. Gpu turns off when my computer is bumped - Similar Threads - Gpu turns off

2. My monitors turn off when I bump my leg into my desk and they won’t turn back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitors turn off when I bump my leg into my desk and they won’t turn back on: Every once in a while I’ll but my knee into my desk when I’m sitting and my monitors will disconnect. I’m barely hitting my knee on the table so I know it’s not disconnected and I’ve replugged in all of my cables connecting my monitors to my computer but they still say no...
  3. My monitors turn off when I bump my leg into my desk and they won’t turn back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitors turn off when I bump my leg into my desk and they won’t turn back on: Every once in a while I’ll but my knee into my desk when I’m sitting and my monitors will disconnect. I’m barely hitting my knee on the table so I know it’s not disconnected and I’ve replugged in all of my cables connecting my monitors to my computer but they still say no...
  4. My monitors turn off when I bump my leg into my desk and they won’t turn back on

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. GPU turning off when rendering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU turning off when rendering: Recently I have not been able to render videos from After Effects as after around a minute, my GPU fans would stop spinning and the display would go black signalling that it's off as well as this, audio cuts out completely and any USB devices plugged into the motherboard ie...
  6. GPU turning off when rendering

GPU turning off when rendering: Recently I have not been able to render videos from After Effects as after around a minute, my GPU fans would stop spinning and the display would go black signalling that it's off as well as this, audio cuts out completely and any USB devices plugged into the motherboard ie...
  7. BSOD when turning computer off

BSOD when turning computer off: Whenever i click "shut down" on my computer, it restarts and creates a minidump file. Here is the file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssv5TbnazH33sZ69wbnsIOhFxo7TPHwc/view?usp=sharingAny idea on whats causing this? This is the second day in a row it has happened, i have...
  8. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when turning computer off: Whenever i click "shut down" on my computer, it restarts and creates a minidump file. Here is the file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssv5TbnazH33sZ69wbnsIOhFxo7TPHwc/view?usp=sharingAny idea on whats causing this? This is the second day in a row it has happened, i have...
  9. Bumped off -

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bumped off -: One of our users in our five person account got bumped off Windows and cannot use Word or Excel. She's not a new user. Its says too may have signed in. How do we remedy this? I cannot figure out who/how someone bumped her off. I don't see an extra user in our account....
  10. my computer keeps turning on when the mouse is moved or desk bumped

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my computer keeps turning on when the mouse is moved or desk bumped: computer won't stay off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-turning-on-when-the-mouse-is/8faee055-47d8-4858-bf40-e56f9473daeb