Windows 10: GPU Underperforming Issues

Discus and support GPU Underperforming Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having an issue with my PC and it's performance for a while. The spec is below.Ryzen 3700X16GB 3600 MhzGigabyte Aorus 2080 Super1TB NVME SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Th3 Villager, May 14, 2021.

1. GPU Underperforming Issues

I've been having an issue with my PC and it's performance for a while. The spec is below.Ryzen 3700X16GB 3600 MhzGigabyte Aorus 2080 Super1TB NVME SSD Adata XPG SX8200 ProLL120 Fans, H100i AIO.The issue seems to be GPU / software related as far as I can tell. I first noticed the issue months ago playing Fortnite, I'd still get ~144 most of the time comfortably - but with increasing frequentcy I would experience massive frame drops to say 80, 60, even things like 40 and 20 FPS. These occur fairly regularly, more than once a minute. This seems to be tied to Desktop Window Manage

:)

Th3 Villager, May 14, 2021

2. having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and
    high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them
    to be one and not the other.

GaryDougall, May 14, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 14, 2021
  4. GPU Underperforming Issues

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 14, 2021
Thema:

GPU Underperforming Issues

1. GPU Underperforming Issues - Similar Threads - GPU Underperforming Issues

2. GPU Underperforming and BSOD Errors e.g. ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY fc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Underperforming and BSOD Errors e.g. ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY fc: So I've been having mild issues with my PC for quite some time, probably years, I occasionally get massive frame drops in certain games and see massive GPU usage spikes by whatever I'm using, or dwm, particularly if PC is idling. Seemed like a GPU fault but have tested the...
  3. GPU Underperforming and BSOD Errors e.g. ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY fc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU Underperforming and BSOD Errors e.g. ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY fc: So I've been having mild issues with my PC for quite some time, probably years, I occasionally get massive frame drops in certain games and see massive GPU usage spikes by whatever I'm using, or dwm, particularly if PC is idling. Seemed like a GPU fault but have tested the...
  4. GPU Underperforming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Underperforming: Hey, I recently got a new GPU, It's the Nvidia Geforce GTX750Ti. I was so happy but... the gpu started underperforming.I saw a benchmark online that gets 40~ FPS at high settings in FH4. But I get 20~ FPS at The Lowest settings in FH4.Same with BeamNG, Saw a benchmark online...
  5. GPU Underperforming

GPU Underperforming: Hey, I recently got a new GPU, It's the Nvidia Geforce GTX750Ti. I was so happy but... the gpu started underperforming.I saw a benchmark online that gets 40~ FPS at high settings in FH4. But I get 20~ FPS at The Lowest settings in FH4.Same with BeamNG, Saw a benchmark online...
  6. GPU Underperforming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. GPU Issues.

GPU Issues.: So, a couple days ago I was playing some Devil May Cry 5 with really high fps then I took a nap, and a couple hours later when I came back and played any game, it would run fine then start lowering performance, when I check my GPU temperatures it's going all the way up to 91...
  8. GPU Issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Issues.: So, a couple days ago I was playing some Devil May Cry 5 with really high fps then I took a nap, and a couple hours later when I came back and played any game, it would run fine then start lowering performance, when I check my GPU temperatures it's going all the way up to 91...
  9. Issue with GPU

Issue with GPU: Its pretty simple. As an example, I'm playing a game or watching a stream on discord. Out of nowhere my fps drops to 1 or 2. When I look at my task manager whatever is lagging takes up 0% of my gpu. Its like it just shuts off. After 30 or so seconds it comes back on. I'm...
  10. BSOD, underperforming GPU, unexpected reboots, reliability history thinks all normal...

BSOD, underperforming GPU, unexpected reboots, reliability history thinks all normal...: Purchased a new build through NZXT, had it since 9/2. Specs below: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6GHz NZXT Aer RGB 2 120mm Fan 2XPG Core Reactor 750W Gold G.SKILL Trident Z Royal RGB 3600MHz 4 x 8GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus - 1.0 Tb NZXT Kraken...