Windows 10: GPU usage drops randomly to 0% when gaming

Discus and support GPU usage drops randomly to 0% when gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My GPU usage drops randomly from 70-100% to 0-10% when im gaming. especially when playing FH4, creates severe lag spikes. Its really annoying. Anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LêDũng1, Sep 9, 2019.

1. LêDũng1 Win User

GPU usage drops randomly to 0% when gaming

My GPU usage drops randomly from 70-100% to 0-10% when im gaming. especially when playing FH4, creates severe lag spikes. Its really annoying. Anyone can help me?

:)

LêDũng1, Sep 9, 2019

2. GPU usage dropping to 0%

[Solved] GPU usage dropping to 0%

After totally wiping and reinstalling windows it now works!
    MY Steps:
    1. Format HDD and during setup choose the option to not allow windows to install updates/drivers.
    DO NOT LET WINDOWS AUTO UPDATE
    2. Create Restore point. (Fallback)
    3. Install Chipset Drivers (Since you predownloaded them)
    4. Install network driver
    5. Install your GPU driver
    6. Install DX11 (Or Whatever)
    7. Install whatever game you are playing (BF3) Let it install whatever it needs to to run. (Net Framework etc.)
    8. Run bf3 campaign or multiplayer.
    9. Be amazed.
    10. Create a restore point. (Fallback)
    11. Update windows.
    12. Breathe a sigh of relief.
    13. Install whatever you need to.

I have this issue that whenever i play a graphic intensive game my GPU usage drops to 0-10% every so often. I have no idea what to do. I've already moved it to a different slot, tried different cables, overclocking, underclocking. Everything... Can someone help?
    PC Specs:
    MOBO: Asus Z87-Deluxe
    CPU: Intel i5 4670k
    GPU: MSI GTX 660TI PE
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 4GB x2
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB
    HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm 64mb
    PSU: PC P&C 750W (Pretty old though ~4 years)
    Images of what im talking about:

GPU usage drops randomly to 0% when gaming [​IMG]

sparten576, Sep 9, 2019
  3. CPU and GPU usage high, fps drop on games

Hi. I usually have around 100fps at Player Unknown Battlegrounds and my CPU usage is normal. From a month or so I get fps drops like 50-100fps and game feels laggy.

Also, when I open the task manager the CPU and GPU usage is really high around 90, 80% and then suddently drops to normal values like 5%.

I checked igfxupdate.exe Windows process - What is it? but it doesn't resolve it.

I noticed that a service svhost is very high on usage, what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

AntónioAires, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Baner Win User

GPU Usage drops to 0%

After 20 min of gaming every 1 minute (IMAGE INCLUDED) gpu usage drops to 0% for 1 sec.VID drops to 0. Fps drops from 50 to 1fps. Gpu clock drops from 1137 to 1072 MHz. CPU usage drops from 40% to 15%. Voltage seems ok. It appears for 1 sec and after that it's working fine for ~1 min.
    Played Outlast 2 everything was fine. Games with less requirements as cs go are working properly. FPS drops in Hitman, Sniper Ghost warrior 3, Mass Effect Andromeda.
    ITS NOT TEMP ISSUE. PC is stable (benchmarking for over 30 mins). Drivers up to date.

Specs : (DxDiag INCLUDED)
    GTX 760 by evega
    Intel 2600k
    RAM 8 GB 1333
    PSU Modecom MC 620 carbon 620w
    Asustek p8z68-v vx

What I tried:

Underclocking, undervolatege/overvoltage, forcing fan to 100%
    Update/reinstall drivers
    Opening case (PCI slot, cables, dust etc. check)
    BIOS (fixed voltage (tried auto also), C1E is disabled, turbomode disabled)
    Diagnostics - mdsched (ram), dxdiag, viruses
    Closing all background applications
    To see monitor stats press "Copy image address" there you can see things or press "Open in new tab"

Baner, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. GPU usage drops randomly to 0% when gaming - Similar Threads - GPU usage drops

2. 0 GPU Usage on 3060ti

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0 GPU Usage on 3060ti: Greetings,I am a newbie to the PC gaming space but purchased a rather expensive for me build see specs below. I have used this rig for right at a month now with no issues. Yesterday I downloaded Madden 22, changed some Nvidia settings, and started to see low usage from my...
  3. Big stuttering issues: CPU and GPU usage drops to nearly 0% and the app/game/system freezes

Big stuttering issues: CPU and GPU usage drops to nearly 0% and the app/game/system freezes: I've this issue for a long time and a few days ago I posted this question in the spanish community website, but sadly no one could help me and I've no received any answer since then.So basically I've a big stuttering problem in which while in a game although this happens even...
  4. GPU utilization drops to 0% when recording with Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU utilization drops to 0% when recording with Xbox Game Bar: I discovered this when I tried to monitor the computer with the AMD software and also with the resource monitor included with the Xbox Game Bar in an attempt to find out what was causing the problem.This problem previously did not happen to me, I could record games and the...
  5. when your pc freezes so hard your gpu usage drops below 0%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    when your pc freezes so hard your gpu usage drops below 0%: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SamTheEnthusiast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ink5yf/when_your_pc_freezes_so_hard_your_gpu_usage_drops/
  6. GPU Usage dropping to 0% when switching tabs

GPU Usage dropping to 0% when switching tabs: So i've had this problem recently where about 10 minutes after my PC starts up, it does this thing where when I switch to a different application, say when I switch from my game to google chrome then the GPU usage goes down to 0% so that my PC as a whole gets about 1 frame...
  7. GPU Usage always at 0%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPU Usage always at 0%: My computer always freezes during gaming and I expect my GPU % to be high but its at 0. I have intel graphics 4000, submitted by /u/Dupliss18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/geyfhz/gpu_usage_always_at_0/
  8. GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games: I've been having this issue since the installation of Windows 10 64 bits. Whenever I move my mouse in-game the GPU usage drops leading to a very annoying and severe FPS drop. I've been researching this for weeks, tried every fix imaginable and I can't fix it. I cannot play my...
  9. Not responding, 100 disk usage, late animation and sound on games, GPU drop to 0

Not responding, 100 disk usage, late animation and sound on games, GPU drop to 0: Windows 10 ver 1903 (OS Build 18362.239) Vivobook ASUS Laptop X505ZA AMD Ryzen 2500U Radeon 8 Mobile Graphics Steps already taken : - Disabled superfetch and prefetch - Disabled MSI on registry - Updated drivers via AMD adrenaline - Updated BIOS from ASUS website -...
  10. GPU at 0% usage

GPU at 0% usage: Hi, I am having a problem. My GPU is always a 0%. I am using a windows 10 hp computer with a video card I installed. My display from the video card works normal but it's not being utilized when I play video games. When I play games, my cpu jumps to about 90 and my gpu stays...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu usage starts and stops

2. FPS

3. forza horizon 4 gpu usage drop

4. gpu randomly drops to 10% from 90,
  5. gpu usage dropes and crash the app,
  6. GPU Usage drops to zero,
  7. gpu usage 100 to 0.,
  8. gpu fall to 0% in game,
  9. gpu usage dropping to 0,
  10. gpu randomly 0%,
  11. gpu 0% no forza horizon 4,