Windows 10: GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games

Discus and support GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having this issue since the installation of Windows 10 64 bits. Whenever I move my mouse in-game the GPU usage drops leading to a very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thundersnow, Jan 11, 2020.

1. GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games

I've been having this issue since the installation of Windows 10 64 bits. Whenever I move my mouse in-game the GPU usage drops leading to a very annoying and severe FPS drop. I've been researching this for weeks, tried every fix imaginable and I can't fix it. I cannot play my favorite game mode because I never have enough FPS thanks to this problem. I don't know what to do anymore so I hope someone can help me with this because I have projects to work on but I can't work and test what I do because of this problem. Tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalling them and installing again, install an old driver, different mouse, different polling rate, changing priority, disabling HPET, changing monitor... I just... can't fix this thing.

My specs:

CPU AMD FX8320 @3.5 GHZ Black Edition water cooled by an H100i v2.
    GPU Zotac GTX760 2GB with also good temperatures.
    MOBO Gigabyte 970a-d3p
    RAM is some Kingston 1333 HZ DDR3
    PSU Corsair CX750w 80+ Bronze
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MX Red
    Mouse Logitech G403
    Headset Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma
    OS installed in a Kingston A400 120GB SSD
    HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda

:)

Thundersnow, Jan 11, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

GPU usage spiking with mouse movements.

Hi,

Conflicts with a third-party startup program is one of the possible reasons why you are having a high GPU usage when moving your mouse. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, you can try to run your computer in clean boot and check if you will still encounter the same issue. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. You can follow
    the steps in this
    link
    to run your computer in clean boot.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Br33zer Win User

I can literally watch my GTX 980 M spike to FULL PERFORMANCE when i move my usb mouse fast over the desktop with nothing else than the essential background programs inststalled

and yes this system also uses a synaptics touchpad

This causes my laptop to constantly run at high temperatures because the power profiles is constantly triggered by mouse movement.

Totally unacceptable.

And it doesnt change a bit if i set the computer to low power use profile or fiddle around in Control Center of Clevo . It just does what it wants getting triggerd by IDLE actions such as mouse movement. No task consuming any GPU or CPU load at all. Constantly
    monitoring the process manager.

In Desktop idle the GPU should permanently run at 135 mhz / 350 mhz ish . It does not it keeps ramping up to teh full boost clock of 1125 / 2500 mhz , causing instant temp spike and fans going berserk.

Every now and then i manage to resolve the problem with random actions i cant even remember how and why, and then mostly when windows does some ring 0 updates as latetely the problem comes back.

Simply writing this article in chrome keeps me at 961 /2500 mhz . Its ridicolous.

Br33zer, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games

Thank you for your prompt response. To isolate further the issue with your Synaptics touchpad, we recommend following the workaround under
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows article on this
    link. If the issue persists, we suggest starting your computer
    in safe mode. In that way, we can check which application/hardware causing the issue with your GPU usage. To do so, click
    here. Check the behavior of your computer and then let us know the result.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games

1. GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games - Similar Threads - GPU usage drops

2. GPU Usage suddenly drop very low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Usage suddenly drop very low: hey, this happened to me when i'm playing games, it seems fine with no lag for couple of minutes and then it suddenly gets very lag, when i check the task manager, the gpu usage suddenly drops to 20-30, can you help me?...
  3. GPU Usage suddenly drop very low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU Usage suddenly drop very low: hey, this happened to me when i'm playing games, it seems fine with no lag for couple of minutes and then it suddenly gets very lag, when i check the task manager, the gpu usage suddenly drops to 20-30, can you help me?...
  4. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse movement error: hello guys got a problem here. i am facing a problem with my mouse it is not working properly as the cursor goes left when my mouse goes right and it goes right when mouse goes left. there is also another problem as my mouse is of redgear a15 when i press the decreasing dpi...
  5. Mouse movement not smooth in games, controller is silky as.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse movement not smooth in games, controller is silky as.: Hello everyone,Apologies if this has been answered before/in the wrong section, but I have been searching on and off for months for a fix for my issue, but have not been able to solve it. Basically as the subject states, I'm having jerky movement with my mouse in games, so...
  6. FPS drop on mouse movement in Games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FPS drop on mouse movement in Games.: This is happening to be the 2nd time. Everything works fine on my laptop, but when I play a game, even that works flawlessly if I don't touch the mouse. As soon as I use the mouse for movement, panning and stuff, The FPS drops and game starts to stutter. This happens only...
  7. High CPU usage with Mouse Movements

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage with Mouse Movements: Dear members: First of all let me briefly present the current configuration of my "very old" system: * Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 * Asus P5K Premium Black Pearl Edition * OCZ DDR2 PC-6400 800 MHz Reaper HPC Edition CL4 (8 GB) * Nvidia GeForce GT630 * Dell U2413 monitor * Disk...
  8. GPU usage drops randomly to 0% when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU usage drops randomly to 0% when gaming: My GPU usage drops randomly from 70-100% to 0-10% when im gaming. especially when playing FH4, creates severe lag spikes. Its really annoying. Anyone can help me?...
  9. Mouse Movement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Movement: I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen.....
  10. Gpu core clock and gpu usage drops in games - gpuz shows as util.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Gpu core clock and gpu usage drops in games - gpuz shows as util.: Hello. I have Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme. After upgrade to Windows Anniversary i have weird problem with fps spikes in GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider. In GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider i am getting random fps dips for a second. During fps dip there is core clock drop for example...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu usage drops to 0 on mouse move

2. mouse jerky movement sometimes stors