Windows 10: GPUs not detected

Discus and support GPUs not detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a mining rig with 2x Nvidia 1080ti GPUs. I swapped out my PSU from 850w to 1200w. After rebooting windows can no longer detect any of the GPUs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nmilsht, Feb 23, 2021 at 4:12 PM.

1. nmilsht Win User

GPUs not detected

I have a mining rig with 2x Nvidia 1080ti GPUs. I swapped out my PSU from 850w to 1200w. After rebooting windows can no longer detect any of the GPUs. I went into device manage > display adapters but the only listing is IntelR HD Graphics 610. I am unsure of how to proceed.

:)

2. GPU not detected

Hello,

I have been slowly rebuilding my old desktop. Some of the parts are old, but I have currently upgraded the RAM, mobo, CPU and hard drive. I would like to try and keep it where it is at instead of spending more money on it. I am experiencing an issue with
    detecting the graphics card. I have a monitor hooked up to the graphics card and, obviously, I can see what is going on. So I know that the GPU is being detected, but when I got to device manager, I cannot find the GPU anywhere. I have also typed in the
    command

into command prompt and it also says that the only video card I am using is the Windows Basic Display Adapter. I have checked online and the GPU is compatible with the motherboard so I know that isn't an issue. For reference the GPU is a GTX 560 Ti. I
    know it is a bit older, but I don't really need to update for the games I play. I just need it to work. Are there any other suggestions as to what I should do? I have listed my current build below.

Mobo: ASROCK x370 Gaming k4

RAM: EVGA DDR4 16GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x Six Core Processor

Again, any suggestions on how to solve this so my GPU is detected would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much and have a great day!

Moved from: [ Windows / Gaming on Windows 10 ]

ryankelly0117, Feb 23, 2021 at 4:15 PM
  3. GrapeJams Win User
    Unable to detect NVIDIA GPU after latest windows 10 update

I believe I am having the same issue. The solution that you suggested does not work as I am unable to uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager as my GPU is not being detected and is therefore not listed under Display Adapters.

I have an Nvidia GTX 765M as well as an Intel integrated graphics card. At the moment the machine is only recognizing the inferior Intel card. I booted into the BIOS and noticed that my discrete graphics card was listed as [NOT DETECTED].

This appears to be an issue for several other users and I am quite confident it is an error on the Microsoft side.

4. AlanPS Win User

GPUs not detected

GPU not detected by Windows after 1903 update

Hey there,

I got a message saying that 1803 won't be supported anymore so I updated against my own will because Windows wouldn't even let me postpone it.

After that, my GPU disappeared from Device Manager under "Display Devices". NVIDIA drivers won't detect it saying there's no GeForce hardware.

Laptop MSI GE72VR 7RF Apache Pro with GTX 1060 6GB.

Symptoms

+ GeForce Experience says "NVIDIA GeForce Experience requires an NVIDIA GPU".

+ Installing drivers manually didn't work either "this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".

+ GPU not listed under "Display Devices" on Device Manager.

What I've tried already

+ Rollback to previous Windows 10 version: my GPU is listed under "Display Devices" but only if I enable the "show hidden" feature. If I go to properties, it says that my GPU is not connected. I tried updating drivers from there but didn't work at all.

+ Disabling "Intel HD Graphics" device on Device Manager and connecting via HDMI to a TV, didn't recognize the GPU and didn't give any video image.

+ Restoring UEFI firmware settings to default from BIOS (there's no GPU option on BIOS).

+ Tried to restore Windows (there's a restore option in Control Panel) which would re-install it from zero without losing my data, but for some reason in the last steps it says is not possible and stops the process.

+ Neither old or new NVIDIA drivers, MSI drivers or even GeForce Experience would recognize my GPU so I can't install them.

-

Any ideas?

Thanks GPUs not detected :)

Thema:

GPUs not detected

1. GPUs not detected - Similar Threads - GPUs detected

2. NVIDIA limiting hash rate of GeForce RTX 3060 GPUs and launching CMP

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA limiting hash rate of GeForce RTX 3060 GPUs and launching CMP: We are gamers, through and through. We obsess about new gaming features, new architectures, new games and tech. We designed GeForce GPUs for gamers, and gamers are clamoring for more. Yet NVIDIA GPUs are programmable. And users are constantly discovering new applications for...
  3. Force program to use one of two external GPUs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force program to use one of two external GPUs?: Hey everyone, My partner recently dismantled their desktop which left me inheriting a second gpu. I want specific programs to run on a specific card (gaming vs. productivity loads), but can't figure out how. Both cards are working, and show loads being applied in task...
  4. MS Audio Tech please look here: Windows 10 with 8 AMD GPUs causes AudioEndpointBuilder to...

MS Audio Tech please look here: Windows 10 with 8 AMD GPUs causes AudioEndpointBuilder to...: Hello all, My First post here and would like to mention issues with Windows 10 that I have seen while setting up a mining rig with Windows 10. I chose Win10 as it was easiest to work with and tune my MSI RX 570 Armor OC 8GB Samsung memory cards to about 29gh/s on Ethereum. I...
  5. How do I rename multiple GPUS/Add a description to a specific GPU?

How do I rename multiple GPUS/Add a description to a specific GPU?: If I have a computer with a bunch of GPUS running, how can I name the GPUS so that I can identify them later on? When I look in device manager, they're all the same. I found a way to edit the friendly name, but that only seemed to work for the first GPU that I plugged in....
  6. BSOD - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR - 1 of 4 GPUs stops during render

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR - 1 of 4 GPUs stops during render: Hi, I've been having problems after GPU rendering on a 3D software, with 4 GPUs sometimes one of the nodes just freeze and will result in the whole program crashing. I've used GPU-Z to monitor, and when the problem occurs usually around 15 mins in the GPU/Default Clock,...
  7. Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead?: I have a Asus FX505DT-WB52 that has an integrated gpu on the processor and then an Nvidia 1650. And I'm wanting to disable the amd graphics and let my Nvidia card take over is this possible? The specs of the system I'm asking about is also located in the specs on my profile....
  8. Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead?: I have a Asus FX505DT-WB52 that has an integrated gpu on the processor and then an Nvidia 1650. And I'm wanting to disable the amd graphics and let my Nvidia card take over is this possible? The specs of the system I'm asking about is also located in the specs on my profile....
  9. AMD announces next-generation of CPUs and GPUs events for October

in Windows 10 News
    AMD announces next-generation of CPUs and GPUs events for October: A new era of leadership performance across computing and graphics is coming. The journey begins on October 8. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter 164152
  10. NVIDIA teases new design and 12-pin for GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA teases new design and 12-pin for GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs: Ever wondered how an NVIDIA Founders Edition graphics card is designed? It goes far beyond the addition of a powerful GPU, requiring engineers and experts skilled in the fields of thermal, mechanical, electrical and product design to come together to collaborate on a...