Windows 10: GPUs not detected

Discus and support GPUs not detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a mining rig with 2x Nvidia 1080ti GPUs. I swapped out my PSU from 850w to 1200w. After rebooting windows can no longer detect any of the GPUs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nmilsht, Feb 23, 2021.

1. nmilsht Win User

GPUs not detected

I have a mining rig with 2x Nvidia 1080ti GPUs. I swapped out my PSU from 850w to 1200w. After rebooting windows can no longer detect any of the GPUs. I went into device manage > display adapters but the only listing is IntelR HD Graphics 610. I am unsure of how to proceed.

:)

nmilsht, Feb 23, 2021

2. GPU not detected

Hello,

I have been slowly rebuilding my old desktop. Some of the parts are old, but I have currently upgraded the RAM, mobo, CPU and hard drive. I would like to try and keep it where it is at instead of spending more money on it. I am experiencing an issue with
    detecting the graphics card. I have a monitor hooked up to the graphics card and, obviously, I can see what is going on. So I know that the GPU is being detected, but when I got to device manager, I cannot find the GPU anywhere. I have also typed in the
    command

into command prompt and it also says that the only video card I am using is the Windows Basic Display Adapter. I have checked online and the GPU is compatible with the motherboard so I know that isn't an issue. For reference the GPU is a GTX 560 Ti. I
    know it is a bit older, but I don't really need to update for the games I play. I just need it to work. Are there any other suggestions as to what I should do? I have listed my current build below.

Mobo: ASROCK x370 Gaming k4

RAM: EVGA DDR4 16GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x Six Core Processor

Again, any suggestions on how to solve this so my GPU is detected would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much and have a great day!

Moved from: [ Windows / Gaming on Windows 10 ]

ryankelly0117, Feb 23, 2021
  3. GrapeJams Win User
    Unable to detect NVIDIA GPU after latest windows 10 update

I believe I am having the same issue. The solution that you suggested does not work as I am unable to uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager as my GPU is not being detected and is therefore not listed under Display Adapters.

I have an Nvidia GTX 765M as well as an Intel integrated graphics card. At the moment the machine is only recognizing the inferior Intel card. I booted into the BIOS and noticed that my discrete graphics card was listed as [NOT DETECTED].

This appears to be an issue for several other users and I am quite confident it is an error on the Microsoft side.

GrapeJams, Feb 23, 2021
  4. AlanPS Win User

GPUs not detected

GPU not detected by Windows after 1903 update

Hey there,

I got a message saying that 1803 won't be supported anymore so I updated against my own will because Windows wouldn't even let me postpone it.

After that, my GPU disappeared from Device Manager under "Display Devices". NVIDIA drivers won't detect it saying there's no GeForce hardware.

Laptop MSI GE72VR 7RF Apache Pro with GTX 1060 6GB.

Symptoms

+ GeForce Experience says "NVIDIA GeForce Experience requires an NVIDIA GPU".

+ Installing drivers manually didn't work either "this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".

+ GPU not listed under "Display Devices" on Device Manager.

What I've tried already

+ Rollback to previous Windows 10 version: my GPU is listed under "Display Devices" but only if I enable the "show hidden" feature. If I go to properties, it says that my GPU is not connected. I tried updating drivers from there but didn't work at all.

+ Disabling "Intel HD Graphics" device on Device Manager and connecting via HDMI to a TV, didn't recognize the GPU and didn't give any video image.

+ Restoring UEFI firmware settings to default from BIOS (there's no GPU option on BIOS).

+ Tried to restore Windows (there's a restore option in Control Panel) which would re-install it from zero without losing my data, but for some reason in the last steps it says is not possible and stops the process.

+ Neither old or new NVIDIA drivers, MSI drivers or even GeForce Experience would recognize my GPU so I can't install them.

-

Any ideas?

Thanks GPUs not detected :)

AlanPS, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

GPUs not detected

1. GPUs not detected - Similar Threads - GPUs detected

2. How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop: My friend has a laptop that has a i5 12500h and nvidia gtx 1650 his laptop refresh rate can achieve 144hz however because of integrated graphics it cant do so, so i want to know how to change the display to use gtx 1650 so my friend can go on 144hz refresh rate for gaming...
  3. How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop: My friend has a laptop that has a i5 12500h and nvidia gtx 1650 his laptop refresh rate can achieve 144hz however because of integrated graphics it cant do so, so i want to know how to change the display to use gtx 1650 so my friend can go on 144hz refresh rate for gaming...
  4. Would using 2 GPUs on one system be good for mining?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Would using 2 GPUs on one system be good for mining?: Hello, I was planning on buying another graphics card to use for my gaming rig however I wanted to see if I can put both in my system and use the old one for mining
  5. Effect of Multiple GPUs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Effect of Multiple GPUs?: I recently upgraded my GPU to a 3060TI and my brother got a new GPU as well. I took his old GPU which is a 1060-3GB and installed it into my computer as a second graphics card. I have four monitors and I have my first and second main monitors connected to the 3060TI and my...
  6. Effect of Multiple GPUs?

Effect of Multiple GPUs?: I recently upgraded my GPU to a 3060TI and my brother got a new GPU as well. I took his old GPU which is a 1060-3GB and installed it into my computer as a second graphics card. I have four monitors and I have my first and second main monitors connected to the 3060TI and my...
  7. DXGI Bug related to two GPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DXGI Bug related to two GPUs: I have a two GPU setup, a desktop computer with both an AMD and an Nvidia card installed. If I have the display port plugged into the Nvidia card and run the DX12 application on the AMD, or vice versa. I get this error:ERROR: ID3D12CommandQueue::ExecuteCommandLists:...
  8. DXGI Bug related to two GPUs

DXGI Bug related to two GPUs: I have a two GPU setup, a desktop computer with both an AMD and an Nvidia card installed. If I have the display port plugged into the Nvidia card and run the DX12 application on the AMD, or vice versa. I get this error:ERROR: ID3D12CommandQueue::ExecuteCommandLists:...
  9. GPUs in the Task Manager is showing in wrong order

GPUs in the Task Manager is showing in wrong order: I have an Asus Tuf A15 2021 model.Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor, 16GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 6GB.Earlier all my games were running very smoothly with the dedicated graphics card. I upgraded my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro and stayed away from games for 2-3...
  10. GPUs in the Task Manager is showing in wrong order

GPUs in the Task Manager is showing in wrong order: I have an Asus Tuf A15 2021 model.Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor, 16GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 6GB.Earlier all my games were running very smoothly with the dedicated graphics card. I upgraded my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro and stayed away from games for 2-3...