Windows 10: gpuview log file shows the following error: Xperf: error: NT Kernel Logger: Invalid flags....

Discus and support gpuview log file shows the following error: Xperf: error: NT Kernel Logger: Invalid flags.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I try to run the log.cmd file as the documentation suggest, I open it with a bat file with cmd /k C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PontiacGTX1, Jul 10, 2019.

1. gpuview log file shows the following error: Xperf: error: NT Kernel Logger: Invalid flags....

Whenever I try to run the log.cmd file as the documentation suggest, I open it with a bat file with

cmd /k C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Windows Kits\10"\"Windows Performance Toolkit"\gpuview\log.cmd

but it display the following error

"Xperf -on LOADER+PROC_THREAD+CSWITCH+DISPATCHER+POWER+DISK_IO+HARD_FAULTS+PROFILE+MEMINFO+DPC+INTERRUPT -stackwalk @"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\gpuview\\EventsForStackTrace.txt" -BufferSize 1024 -MinBuffers 120 -MaxBuffers 480 -f Kernel.etl

Xperf: error: NT Kernel Logger: Invalid flags. (0x3ec).
    Xperf -start CaptureState -on 802ec45a-1e99-4b83-9920-87c...."

I am using Windows 10 1809 64 bit

:)

PontiacGTX1, Jul 10, 2019

2. NT Kernal Logger errors in Event Log

I'm getting the following error events when I boot my PC.

I'm using a Windows 10.0.10586, it was a fresh install on a new SSD on a Factory built PC that originally had Windows 7 on it. The fresh install is about 5 months old.

and

Any ideas?

I've tweaked some of the logging on request of other people on this forum due to another issue that I'm having and may simply have set something incorrectly. As these messages only started appearing recently.

PerfectBlue, Jul 10, 2019
  3. xarn Win User
    "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error

Late to the party but maybe someone will find this useful

@gil
    You can see which exact log file causes issue in warning corresponding to the error (ie, warning from same timestamp in event log). I assume it is same one that i had problem with recently - shutdownCKCL.etl. If yes, then it is located in Data Collector Sets > Performance Monitor > Event Trace Sessions under the name Circular Kernel Context Logger (yes, same name as the one in Startup Event Trace Sessions, figures). The difference is this one doesn't seem to by circular by default and on my system it was set to max at 20MB. You will need to stop the log to change the value.

Hope this helps

4. gpuview log file shows the following error: Xperf: error: NT Kernel Logger: Invalid flags....

Circular Kernel Context Logger

The Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 I back from the death. I just turn on my computer and is heavy

I want to try to get these fix since more and more windows errors are starting to appear.

these is one

The maximum file size for session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\Windows\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 20971520 bytes.

Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

And com. is annoying.

I try all. IF someone from MS can see these and help me to make these go away I can arrange something. so we can work these out.

CarlosDe Bernard, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

gpuview log file shows the following error: Xperf: error: NT Kernel Logger: Invalid flags....

1. gpuview log file shows the following error: Xperf: error: NT Kernel Logger: Invalid flags.... - Similar Threads - gpuview log file

2. Session "NT Kernel Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Session "NT Kernel Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035: After a fresh Windows installation. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/session-nt-kernel-logger-failed-to-start-with-the/6aabb1c3-b5e7-4ae4-886c-accd2a175e52
  3. Session "NT Kernel Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Session "NT Kernel Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035: After a fresh Windows installation. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/session-nt-kernel-logger-failed-to-start-with-the/6aabb1c3-b5e7-4ae4-886c-accd2a175e52
  4. Session "NT Kernel Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WHEA-Logger Error and Kernel-Power Critical

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA-Logger Error and Kernel-Power Critical: Hello,I have recently encountered repeated BSoDs and crashes during high resource use activities such as gaming, streaming, or mining.When a BSoD occurs, it has the code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.The system log in the event viewer lists Event 46 WHEA-Logger as the issue with...
  6. BSOD with errors WHEA-Logger, Kernel-Power

BSOD with errors WHEA-Logger, Kernel-Power: I'm having BSOD issues with my AMD system using Windows 10. These issues occur seemingly randomly, just being on the desktop, nothing related with gaming. AMD 5900X CPU RTX 3080 After the BSOD, I see a couple critical errors which I will attach below. Anyone have any...
  7. Invalid File error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid File error: Hello, I am having an issue with attempting to copy a .zip file from an SD card to the computer, the file is 1.28 GB and contains a .exe and some .txt files (Maybe this info help) the file will copy, but attempting to open the file for extraction gives an error stating that...
  8. Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188: This file, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl", is set by default to Max 20 MB and neither circular or append options are allowed. The file, for some reason, is extremely protected. Now in my case the file grows very fast and fills the event log pretty much,...
  9. "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error

in Windows 10 Support
    "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: Hi. Ever since the last Windows 10 major update, I get this error. It refers to the BootCKCL.etl file. Code: Event 3, Kernel Event-Tracing - Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188[/quote] I have done Inplace Upgrade and also...
  10. NT Kernal Logger errors in Event Log

in Windows 10 Support
    NT Kernal Logger errors in Event Log: I'm getting the following error events when I boot my PC. I'm using a Windows 10.0.10586, it was a fresh install on a new SSD on a Factory built PC that originally had Windows 7 on it. The fresh install is about 5 months old. Session "NT Kernel Logger" stopped due...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xperf: error: nt kernel logger: invalid flags. (0x3ec).