Windows 10: Grainy / Bad Quality Desktop Background Windows 10

Discus and support Grainy / Bad Quality Desktop Background Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently got a new windows 10 PC, and installing all of the drivers went smoothly. However, since first booting up this PC my desktop background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RomanUK, Nov 26, 2019.

1. RomanUK Win User

Grainy / Bad Quality Desktop Background Windows 10

I recently got a new windows 10 PC, and installing all of the drivers went smoothly.

However, since first booting up this PC my desktop background looks grainy and really bad quality no matter what image I use.

My graphics drivers are up to date and I'm on the correct resolution for my monitor.

Everything else looks good. (Windows, Apps, Videos, Games ect.)

Could this be being caused by the fact that I'm using HDMI? I could use DVI to VGA, would that be a better option and could that fix my problem?

:)

RomanUK, Nov 26, 2019

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Grainy / Bad Quality Desktop Background Windows 10

Windows 10 Desktop Background pictures

Windows 10 Desktop Background pictures are not updating and existing pictures are not acceptable quality.

It used to be update different types of HD quality background pictures automatically when I set it to slideshow mode. But now its only has 3 or 4 bad quality pictures and windows not updating any new pictures at all. I would like to get some help sorting
    this matter. (I know its a silly matter but I like when background bit of colourful). Thank you.

ChatRanawaka, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Grainy / Bad Quality Desktop Background Windows 10

1. Grainy / Bad Quality Desktop Background Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Grainy Bad Quality

2. Bad video quality.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad video quality.: For a years, every time I try to play an online or downloaded video even if its 4k, the video looks washed, bad and almost pixelated. No matter where I play the video. Present in YT and all streaming websites, even when I download the video it s the same.I have tried...
  3. Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10: I've tried everything I've seen, but nothing worked. Please help me if you can. Thank you.PS: It's not my headphones. They work perfectly fine on my other devices Xbox, Switch, etc....
  4. Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10: I've tried everything I've seen, but nothing worked. Please help me if you can. Thank you.PS: It's not my headphones. They work perfectly fine on my other devices Xbox, Switch, etc....
  5. Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Background sound quality is really bad in earbuds when voicechat

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background sound quality is really bad in earbuds when voicechat: Hello. I'm on my HP Spectre and running Windows 10 with my JBL earbuds. Whenever I'm in a voice chat, whether it's Zoom or Discord, all other sounds on my computer sound really bad. They sound like back in the day when a pair of headphone's cable was broken. This is obviously...
  7. Grainy Desktop applications and software.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grainy Desktop applications and software.: I have an Alienware M15 r1 and have had it for about a year now and this problem has occurred a few months from now but I just had to deal with it until it got extremely severe. Image below. Ask any question. This is the Epic Games store.[IMG]...
  8. Bad Quality Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Quality Font: Lately I have been having low quality font and I am not sure what is causing this. I have tried playing around with cleartype (which is enabled) but with little effect. I don't really want to format to resolve this issue. [img] 164068
  9. Bad video quality

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bad video quality: Hi I have an issue everytime i play one of the videos i have on my computer. The quality decreases alot and at times almost become pixelated. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-video-quality/120db195-f194-436e-97a1-68a4ba4bdd8d
  10. Bad microphone quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad microphone quality: Hello, I've just updated to the latest version of windows (1903) and now my microphone is sounding really bad. It was crystal clear before I updated and I don't know what I can do to fix this. Help would be appreciated....